Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bradford v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 41460 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Monday, October 7, 2019, 13:10:16 »

I still maintain our dip in form is down to the mentality side of the game.

We are a ‘confidence’ side - thriving on the one touch, quick passing game. But when it doesn’t really come off in a game the players are fragile and you can see the hesitancy in attempting the things that worked previously. This side not playing ‘Wellens’ Way’ are very poor and easy pickings for the likes of Newport.

We haven’t got the nasty, niggly side to our game that can still pick up points when not playing particularly well.

You define an essentially mid table outfit..... decent on a good day when things go their way, but lacking when up against it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Monday, October 7, 2019, 14:04:49 »

goal 1 - hunt literally threw it to their man. that's the root cause.

he's been playing well mind, everyone make s mistakes.
--
on Saturday I thought Bradford made a good job of being where they needed to be in order to make it hard to play short. Maybe a more ball playing GK would have risked it, but it's a fine line between what we want and Luke Williams suicide play from back.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Monday, October 7, 2019, 14:26:24 »

I would blame Fryers more for the first goal for not reacting quick enough to the rebound.

LMc made the first save and then the defenders should have had the chance to clear it, Fryers started between the scorer and the goal but somehow totally lost his man and was nowhere near him when he scored.

Thats a definate minus point for Fryers and not LMc IMO.
Surely the keeper needs to tip that shot over or direct it wide of the posts, not put it back into the middle of the box?

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Panda Paws

« Reply #318 on: Monday, October 7, 2019, 15:02:34 »

Surely the keeper needs to tip that shot over or direct it wide of the posts, not put it back into the middle of the box?

Sent from my CLT-L09

Saw it for the first time this afternoon. It's a bad one from LMc.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Monday, October 7, 2019, 15:07:54 »

Saw it for the first time this afternoon. It's a bad one from LMc.

Should never of faced the shot in the first place BUT i thought 'patsy' when i first saw it.

Clems Army!
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Monday, October 7, 2019, 16:10:55 »

And that, boys and girls, is why you must never drink neat absinthe on a Sunday evening Smiley

I emptied the bottle  Cheesy Nah, I just like lexiconical stuffs.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Monday, October 7, 2019, 16:30:32 »

I only played semi-pro as a CB and if I hadn't followed up LMc parry with a clearance then I would rightfully expect a bollocking. My fellow CB would get one from me, if it was him and whoever it was in midfield that allowed the ball through too. I'd also blame myself.

Defensive uncertainty. Could LMc have done better? Yes but a CB's job is to continually jockey, cover, tidy up the scraps. That also includes covering your keeper too. Now you also have to be a good passer and be able to chip in with a goal or two. A modern CB is more of a Libero Grande but in essence, your job is to clean up and steady the ship in a composed way.

We are working with a somewhat hotch-potch CB pairing atm and positioning has been poor. Baudry may not be the most technically gifted but he knows his position and brings composure. It's no shock results have been poor without him. Him and Zakuani might just be the right combo. Conroy is ok but still is learning the role and needs guidance. He is exposed when you take out a CB with experience. It's a shame he got injured because he would've learnt a lot of in game experience from Zakuani. However we wouldn't have Zakuani if Conroy didn't tear himself an ACL.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Monday, October 7, 2019, 19:56:22 »

I kind of agree with the sentiment of all concerned, that pretty much means blame can be apportioned to a wide group of players for that goal.

To go a bit Reg, if you want to be looking at Auto's, you need a keeper who 9/10 times would ensure the parry is away from the danger zone.  I'm not saying McCormick is a poor keeper, we've had some right rubbish between the sticks in recent years and he's a big step up.  But, I do have a sense he's not quite an Auto's team keeper.

Same goes for the defenders - with the mitigation that we've played 5 people in two positions over three games.  Someone should be taking responsibility to make sure the attacker doesn't get to the parry first.  Until the ball is out of play or back in your possession you have a sole job to do, defend.  My hope is that once we get a settled back line again, this isn't so much of an issue.

Finally, the throw in - so often overlooked in all the over analysis that goes on in today's game.  Imagine in Rugby if nobody practiced a Line Out?  Hunt's got himself caught up in the moment, thinking he can set-up a quick counter from throw in, poor decision and execution.  That's kind of what I meant about getting back to what we were doing - we've allowed ourselves in the past couple of games ot be dragged into something by the opposition rather than stick to the plan and impose our pattern.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #323 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2019, 08:57:15 »

I kind of agree with the sentiment of all concerned, that pretty much means blame can be apportioned to a wide group of players for that goal.

To go a bit Reg, if you want to be looking at Auto's, you need a keeper who 9/10 times would ensure the parry is away from the danger zone.  I'm not saying McCormick is a poor keeper, we've had some right rubbish between the sticks in recent years and he's a big step up.  But, I do have a sense he's not quite an Auto's team keeper.

Same goes for the defenders - with the mitigation that we've played 5 people in two positions over three games.  Someone should be taking responsibility to make sure the attacker doesn't get to the parry first.  Until the ball is out of play or back in your possession you have a sole job to do, defend.  My hope is that once we get a settled back line again, this isn't so much of an issue.

Finally, the throw in - so often overlooked in all the over analysis that goes on in today's game.  Imagine in Rugby if nobody practiced a Line Out?  Hunt's got himself caught up in the moment, thinking he can set-up a quick counter from throw in, poor decision and execution.  That's kind of what I meant about getting back to what we were doing - we've allowed ourselves in the past couple of games ot be dragged into something by the opposition rather than stick to the plan and impose our pattern.
Absolutely.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: