Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bradford v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 41458 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Sunday, October 6, 2019, 09:57:13 »

The trite observation is, of course, that merely having good players will not get you promoted- you also need to get results.

There isn't a whole heap of difference in quality of player between most sides in Div 4, a bit here and there.

Whilst there are those on here who argue, we are much better than our 2 recent seasons in Div 4. Comparative stats show we are a point better off after 12 then Flitcroft's side and 3 better of than Brown's, so an improvement but not massively so.

It should be noted that Flitcroft only ever lost 3 in a row once, 2 at the CG v old friends ColU and Newport, which is why he managed to keep his job, whereas Brown had a poor Oct and lost his.

It's a cut throat results trade and Wellens is entering dodgy territory, he needs something, preferably a win v Argyle.  

Losing 3 in row would get the natives very restless.
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 6, 2019, 10:00:59 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Sunday, October 6, 2019, 12:11:30 »

We need to make sure we stop the rot v Argyle, before this slides into another season of mid table mediocrity. How we do it doesn't really matter.
First time I've agreed with you in ages Reg.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Sunday, October 6, 2019, 17:55:11 »

One minute, all is rosy and the league will be a walkover. A handful of defeats later and it's all very gloomy and the manager, together with the board, must go.  It's all very 'short-termist'.  It occurs to me that it helps to maintain a sense of perspective - STFC are well in the mix.

Nothing to see here
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Sunday, October 6, 2019, 19:01:55 »

One minute, all is rosy and the league will be a walkover. A handful of defeats later and it's all very gloomy and the manager, together with the board, must go.  It's all very 'short-termist'.  It occurs to me that it helps to maintain a sense of perspective - STFC are well in the mix.
Don't recall anyone saying that the board or the manager must go but agree with you in the rest of your post.   We just have to start winning again, we are still in a good position we just have to stop the slide. We are more than capable of getting out of this division,  every team will have a bad spell during the season,  we're just having ours early doors.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Sunday, October 6, 2019, 19:39:01 »

You make your own luck don't you?

No.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Sunday, October 6, 2019, 20:29:44 »

We will go up automatic. There you have it, me resident (apparent) bullshitter, has stated it. Thus it will happen.

I'm sure my lovely friend P.F Chang, will make a duly measured opinion on the matter. Something along the lines of "what complete bollocks". He's forgotten that I am an effigy of perfection and his trite words may never bring me down.  All I ask of him is not to lay tinder (no not the dating app) at my elongated hallux and set me ablaze in much destiny that succumbs such a flawless marionette.

Hey ho, must absquatulate. I have colporteur duties on this holiest of days.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Monday, October 7, 2019, 08:22:29 »

We will go up automatic. There you have it, me resident (apparent) bullshitter, has stated it. Thus it will happen.

I'm sure my lovely friend P.F Chang, will make a duly measured opinion on the matter. Something along the lines of "what complete bollocks". He's forgotten that I am an effigy of perfection and his trite words may never bring me down.  All I ask of him is not to lay tinder (no not the dating app) at my elongated hallux and set me ablaze in much destiny that succumbs such a flawless marionette.

Hey ho, must absquatulate. I have colporteur duties on this holiest of days.
And that, boys and girls, is why you must never drink neat absinthe on a Sunday evening Smiley
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Monday, October 7, 2019, 09:14:23 »

FAO PV.

Pretty good day for ex Town goalscorers on Saturday.... I make it 10.

Milner
 Luongo
 Austin
 Danny Ward
 Kaiden Jackson
 Cox
 Michael Smith
 Nouble
 Brophy
 Jervis
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Monday, October 7, 2019, 09:20:29 »

I don't get the call for Benda.  McCormick hasn't done a great deal wrong, yes his distribution suffers at times but he is playing in Div 4 for a reason - on out and out saves and handling he has been pretty solid.

Nobody knows anything about Benda, nobody has seen him play, for all we know he is another RCC, he might be brilliant, but why swap out the GK's when we are 4 points of top spot and the goals that we have conceded (bar one against Colchester) have not really been down to the GK.  People are calling for Benda based on absolutely nothing at all - except some people don't agree with McCormick the person, which is nothing to do with his GKing abilities.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Monday, October 7, 2019, 09:24:45 »

I don't agree with McCormick the person, but agree with your football point.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Monday, October 7, 2019, 09:25:24 »

I think he is this seasons scapegoat for some. Undeservedly so.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Monday, October 7, 2019, 09:29:12 »

No.
I have no beef in this difference about whether you make your own luck but I do recall the Arnold Palmer quote:  

"the more I practise, the luckier I get"
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Monday, October 7, 2019, 09:30:35 »

Missed all this as I was up a hill in the Dales at the time followed by a bunk house with no mobile reception (which was nice!), were we shit and getting relegated or just a blip?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Monday, October 7, 2019, 09:33:03 »

I have no beef in this difference about whether you make your own luck but I do recall the Arnold Palmer quote:  

"the more I practise, the luckier I get"

It was Gary Player
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Monday, October 7, 2019, 09:34:10 »

I think he is this seasons scapegoat for some. Undeservedly so.
Vigs took a good deal of shit last season.

Tbf, McCormick's attitude as mainly the No. 2, seems to have been very positive in terms of being a "team player".
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: