Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bradford v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 42181 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Saturday, October 5, 2019, 16:10:49 »

Really hope Benda plays and does well in the week as think we need a change between between the sticks. McCormick is costing us goals and his constant aimless punting it long is part of the reason we are struggling for rhythm in my opinion.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #256 on: Saturday, October 5, 2019, 16:19:53 »

Really hope Benda plays and does well in the week as think we need a change between between the sticks. McCormick is costing us goals and his constant aimless punting it long is part of the reason we are struggling for rhythm in my opinion.
He made one outstanding save in the first half to keep it at 0-0, point blank instict save, but maybe it is time for Benda to get a game, I am sure he will start the Mickey Mouse cup game vs Plymouth on Tuesday, maybe he will give us a chance to see what hes got and give Wellens the chance to see him under some pressure.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Saturday, October 5, 2019, 16:23:08 »

Need to get back to what we were doing a few weeks ago,

We need to make sure we stop the rot v Argyle, before this slides into another season of mid table mediocrity. How we do it doesn't really matter.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Saturday, October 5, 2019, 16:39:58 »

Result went as (I suspect) many thought it would. I expect better things against Plymouth.

Nothing to see here
REDBUCK

« Reply #259 on: Saturday, October 5, 2019, 16:44:59 »

How many goals exactly and what rhythm and its anyone but McCormack for you regardless of result
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Saturday, October 5, 2019, 16:56:17 »

McCormick
Peter Venkman

« Reply #261 on: Saturday, October 5, 2019, 17:01:48 »

I would say that McCormick could be at fault for probably 3 at most since he joined us, today he had no hope of saving either goal really and made one outstanding save today too.

He just doesn't come out to claim corners well enough for me and his kicking although poor at times today was an asset last week when he was the best attacking outlet we had.

Today he chose to kick long rather than playing the shorter pass which was probably the better option a few times.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Saturday, October 5, 2019, 17:10:14 »

How many goals exactly and what rhythm and its anyone but McCormack for you regardless of result
Pretty simple really. 1st goal he pushed right into the danger zone so at fault for the goal, at fault last week and in the Colchester defeat, a change is probably due. We don't have any height up front so his constant punting up field does little to settle the team and just turns over possession. In a couple of games most notably Cheltenham he's ended up getting into arguments with defenders who wanted the short pass. He's not to blame for the defeat but he's part of the root cause, he's not good enough in possession for the way Wellens wants to play.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #263 on: Saturday, October 5, 2019, 17:42:52 »

Tuesdays cup game should give us a chance to see if Broadbent is back in the right frame of mind and give Benda a go in goal, we should see what sort of keeper he actually is rather than what we think he is.

Hopefully Sidy will get some game time too and possibly Curran too.

Even if fit I doubt he will risk Baudry or Zakuani.

Could be time to give Doughty a full 90 mins too and possibly May.

Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Saturday, October 5, 2019, 18:15:15 »

McCormick, it’s McCormick

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Saturday, October 5, 2019, 18:21:08 »

We need to make sure we stop the rot v Argyle, before this slides into another season of mid table mediocrity. How we do it doesn't really matter.
We're exactly four points above Plymouth who are precisely midtable. We are also exactly four points off the top of the table.
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Saturday, October 5, 2019, 18:24:24 »

Disappointingly we’ve now played 5 of the top ten and beaten none of them.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Saturday, October 5, 2019, 18:36:31 »

We're exactly four points above Plymouth who are precisely midtable. We are also exactly four points off the top of the table.

Which is why we need to halt the slide,  or we'll soon be mid table otherwise, which will suck out what is left of any early season optimism.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Saturday, October 5, 2019, 19:25:19 »

b

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Saturday, October 5, 2019, 20:07:23 »

This.

If you do not take points off those around you and rely on taking them off the poorer sides then it becomes a nothing season once more. The pessimist in me thought that as soon as Conroy went down badly injured last week that was our season over, why losing one player should have such an impact is unfathomable but that was my gut feeling and dearly wish to proved wrong.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: