Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bradford v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 41725 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #60 on: Saturday, October 5, 2019, 09:07:05 »

Lounging in bed at an undisclosed purple palace I predict a draw 2-2
Is Lenny Henry with you? Cheesy

TBH I would be happy with a draw up there with our injury problems and Doyle missing.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Saturday, October 5, 2019, 09:36:21 »

Is Lenny Henry with you? Cheesy

TBH I would be happy with a draw up there with our injury problems and Doyle missing.

Sadly LH checked out from the PI advertising some time ago. Any draw away is better than a no draw away 😁
Peter Venkman

« Reply #62 on: Saturday, October 5, 2019, 09:49:09 »

Pre match preview from Bradford City FC.

The Bantams return to home action tomorrow (Saturday), hosting high-flying Swindon Town at the Utilita Energy Stadium.

Gary Bowyer's side will be looking to return to winning ways in the 3.00pm clash, following a 1-1 draw at Scunthorpe United - last weekend.

The visiting Robins have enjoyed a strong start to the 2019/20 campaign and currently sit in fifth place in the Sky Bet League Two table - on 20 points.

Richie Wellens' men will be hoping to build on last season's return, after a 13th-place finish in the fourth tier.

We have compiled a Big Match Preview full of in-depth pre-match analysis - ahead of the encounter.

TEAM NEWS

City: Gary Bowyer is without captain James Vaughan who is suspended - meaning Shay McCartan and Remi Oteh could both make their first starts of the season.

Ben Richards-Everton serves the second of his three-match ban, so Anthony and Paudie O'Connor are expected to keep their places in the centre of defence.

The City boss is also without the services of Matt Palmer, with the midfielder set for a spell on the sidelines after sustaining a knee injury at the Sands Venue Stadium. 

Swindon: Visiting boss Richie Wellens is without the services of top scorer Eoin Doyle for tomorrow's meeting with City.

The striker - on loan from the Bantams - is ineligible to face his parent club.

Skipper Dion Conroy is also unavailable - having sustained a knee injury last week - while Keshi Anderson remains sidelined.

WHAT THE MANAGERS SAID

Gary Bowyer: "Swindon are a good team with several good players.

"They play very well, with the ball, in a certain way. They are a possession-based side, so we will have to be prepared to play without the ball, at times.

"It should be an exciting game - with two similar styles going head-to-head."

Noel Hunt (assistant manager): "It will be a really tough game. Bradford have had some really good results, of late.

"There is always a little bit of a hangover when you are relagated, which we see throughout the whole of the EFL.

"But it will be a challenging test for us and, hopefully, will be the same for them."

LAST TIME OUT

City’s last meeting with Swindon came in Sky Bet League One, during the 2016/17 campaign.

After falling behind with 15 minutes remaining, a late Charlie Wyke Double clinched all three points for the Bantams in a thrilling affair at the Utilita Energy Stadium.

Bradford City 2 (Charlie Wyke 85', 90+1')

Swindon Town (Nicky Ajose (75')

Sky Bet League One

Saturday March 18th 2017

Attendance: 17,916
City: Colin Doyle; Tony McMahon (booked 36'), Rory McArdle, Nathaniel Knight-Percival, James Meredith (booked 28'); Timothee Dieng (Billy Clarke 62'), Romain Vincelot (c), Josh Cullen; Mark Marshall (Stephen Darby 90+2'), Charlie Wyke, Jordy Hiwula (Alex Jones 62'). Subs (not used): Rouven Sattelmaier (GK), Kevin Toner, Matt Penney, Daniel Devine.

Swindon: Lawrence Vigouroux; Nathan Thompson (c), Dion Conroy (booked 64'), Raphael, Fankaty Dabo (booked 39', Bradley Barry 45'); Ben Gladwin (booked 17', Luke Norris 73'), Rohan Ince, Charlie Colkett (booked 90'), John Goddard; Jonathan Obika, Nicky Ajose. Subs (not used): Will Henry (GK), Conor Thomas, Anton Rodgers, Ellis Iandolo, Jesse Starkey.

MATCH OFFICIALS

Tom Nield has overseen seven games so far, this season, dishing out 16 bookings and one dismissal.

The official oversaw the Bantams' 2-0 defeat at Southend United, last August - issuing two yellow cards, in addition to Swindon's defeat at Cheltenham Town on the final day of last season, brandishing four bookings.

Nield will be flanked by Natalie Aspinall and Richard Woodward, with David Hunt appointed fourth official.

Gary Bowyer's men are currently placed as narrow 7/5 favourites to overcome the Robins.

Clayton Donaldson is favourite to open the deadlock, priced at 4/1.

City fans can place their bets by CLICKING HERE.

KIT COLOURS

City will wear their home strip of claret and amber stripes for the visit of Swindon, who will be in their Darby Rimmer MND Foundation-sponsored purple third strip.

City: Claret and Amber Stripes / Black with Amber Detail / Black with Amber Detail

Swindon: Purple / Purple / Purple

Wierd quote from Bowyer....
"Swindon are a good team with several good players.

"They play very well, with the ball, in a certain way. They are a possession-based side, so we will have to be prepared to play without the ball, at times.

"It should be an exciting game - with two similar styles going head-to-head."

Surely us having the ball and them not having more of the ball means its not a similar style at all?

Peter Venkman

« Reply #63 on: Saturday, October 5, 2019, 09:52:24 »

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/2-changes-the-bradford-city-xi-we-expect-bowyer-to-field-against-swindon-town-this-weekendmp

2 changes: The Bradford City XI we expect Bowyer to field against Swindon Town this weekend

Following their relegation last season, Bradford City have made a promising start to their new campaign in League Two.

The Bantams are currently eighth in the table, but are just three points outside the automatic promotion places.

Gary Bowyer’s side have won three of their last five league games, but they were held to a 1-1 draw at ten-man Scunthorpe United last weekend.

Bradford will be looking to get back to winning ways and continue their promotion push with three points this weekend, but they face a tough game against fifth-placed Swindon Town at Valley Parade.

Richie Wellens’ side have made a strong start to the season, although they have lost two of their last three league matches.

Bradford have won three out of their five home league matches this season and will surley fancy their chances of coming away from Valley Parade with all three points, which would see them move above their opponents in the table.

Here is the Bradford team we expect Bowyer to field against Swindon tomorrow…

Richard O’Donnell has started every league game for Bradford in goal this season. He will start between the sticks tomorrow and will be hoping for his fifth clean sheet of the campaign.

Bowyer is likely keep faith with the same back four that he used against Scunthorpe. Kelvin Mellor will start at right-back, with Connor Wood at left-back.

Ben Richards-Everton remains suspended following his red card against Carlisle United, so Anthony O’Connor is likely to keep his place in the side. He will start alongside Paudie O’Connor at centre-back.

Moving into midfield, Bowyer will be forced to make a change. Harry Pritchard will start on the left, with Dylan Connolly on the right.

Callum Cooke is likely to keep his place in central midfield, although the experienced Matt Palmer is set for a spell on the sidelines after picking up a knee injury in the draw at Scunthorpe last week.

Hope Akpan replaced Palmer at Glanford Park last week and there’s a good chance that the Nigerian could replace him in the starting line-up tomorrow, for his first start for six league matches.

Up front, captain James Vaughan is suspended after picking up his fifth yellow card of the season against Scunthorpe, so Shay McCartan and Remi Oteh are both in contention to make their first starts of the campaign.

Both players will be determined to impress their manager if handed the opportunity, but McCartan is likely to be the player who is given the chance.

Clayton Donaldson is without a goal in his last four matches and will be determined to get himself on the scoresheet tomorrow. He will keep his place in the side and start up front alongside McCartan.
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 5, 2019, 09:56:18 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Saturday, October 5, 2019, 09:52:57 »

Getting anything today would be a great achievement.

Going into a game with no centre halves used to be something which just never happened.   We did manage it for a game at PV in 15/16 and had Nathan and Doughty as a combo and only lost 1-0.  The XI that day I still regard as the weakest in my time.

That at season's outset we had 6 CH's which seemed a bit excessive, makes it stranger.  You'd imagine if Bantams have a couple of big lads on corners they'll have a field day.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Saturday, October 5, 2019, 09:55:55 »

I think a lot of Bradford fans think he’s a nobhead. That comment is on a par with Luke Warm’s ‘those 3 successive draws are the same as a win’.

They’re light up front, poor in midfield but with a decent defence (not that I know, just what their fans say).

I think we’re doing ourselves down just because we’re without Conroy. I’ve got us at 17/10 the win.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Saturday, October 5, 2019, 10:13:37 »

They’re light up front, poor in midfield but with a decent defence (not that I know, just what their fans say).

Problem is that even with our CH's playing we're susceptible on corners and free kicks to goals from defenders.... so the ColU lad has 2 goals this season one at their place in LC, first one at CG. Newport lad has scored in 3 games ever.

I know that sometimes you get a strange result in football, but normally you don't, if you can't defend set plays in Div 4 you'll usually get found out.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Saturday, October 5, 2019, 10:15:19 »

We don’t seem to have too much trouble scoring away, though.

We’re not entirely useless, you know.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Saturday, October 5, 2019, 10:16:19 »

Pre match living in the shadow of a Northern Powerhouse in the Record Cafe.

So, the love of hopeless causes will see the travelling army in the Mamma Mia stand today, hopefully not broken hearted come 5 o'clock.

I remember the Bradford contributor to the 15-16 WSC season guide saying that we played Neanderthal football in 14-15, conveniently forgetting the expertly delivered left hook to Branco's body in the 2-1 win that year.

Some trips to the wrong side of The Pennines are better than others.
Not keen on this one normally, but the architecture is impressive, in places.

I expect Woolery to excel today in the former world capital of wool.

Today is a good day.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Saturday, October 5, 2019, 10:17:30 »

Is Wobbly Bob ok? Its 11.20 and no pub report yet.
Kin typical,he posted as I was writing this Wink
tj2002

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Saturday, October 5, 2019, 10:25:35 »

Bought my tickets for this online on Tuesday night expecting delivery in Manchester before today but they haven't shown up.

I'm assuming/hoping they'll be on the coach on the motorway at this point as I missed some sort of cut off for postage?
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Saturday, October 5, 2019, 10:44:22 »

Not sure if it helps, but any away tix selected as collect at club and not collected automatically go up on the coach.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
tj2002

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Saturday, October 5, 2019, 10:48:42 »

Not sure if it helps, but any away tix selected as collect at club and not collected automatically go up on the coach.

Thanks, hoping this is the case with mine then. I assume I'd pick them up from the away ticket booth in that case? Never had them not get here in time
Peter Venkman

« Reply #73 on: Saturday, October 5, 2019, 12:16:32 »

So, the love of hopeless causes will see the travelling army in the Mamma Mia stand today, hopefully not broken hearted come 5 o'clock.
Thats what every young Bradford City fan says when he comes home from school. (yes the old ones are indeed the oldest!).

Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Saturday, October 5, 2019, 12:27:01 »

Ohh, 3.30 for a sausage roll, mushy peas and a pint the Sparrow.

Hoping to generate some discrete fart power to upset fellow travellers on the CrossCuntry service back to civilization this evening.

And what is the point of wasps. Do they serve some kind of hidden useful purpose.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: