Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bradford v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 42094 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, October 3, 2019, 10:05:33 »

Think we'll see our first away defeat of the season as injuries take its toll and we hit a patch of poor form (which I expect us to recover from!).
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, October 3, 2019, 10:22:17 »

Think we'll see our first away defeat of the season as injuries take its toll and we hit a patch of poor form (which I expect us to recover from!).

I think looking at the October fixtures you could be right. Bradford away, Plymouth home and Crewe away are 3 of the toughest fixtures you probably have in the league so far.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #32 on: Thursday, October 3, 2019, 10:39:59 »

Just saw something interesting here:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/swindon-town-man-reveals-transfer-plans/

Most notably this paragraph:
"With striker Eoin Doyle also out injured currently for the side, Hunt explained that Swindon will be fine for options up front, seemingly earmarking Kaiyne Woolery to play up front or out on the wing as Swindon look to stick with their preferred formation of 4-4-2."
Doyle isn't out injured though, hes just not able to play Saturday because its against his parent club.

I think they have read that Doyle is not playing on Saturday and they have put 2+2 together and got 10, typical of lower league journalism, especially on t'internet.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Briggany

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, October 3, 2019, 10:57:35 »

Doyle isn't out injured though, hes just not able to play Saturday because its against his parent club.

I think they have read that Doyle is not playing on Saturday and they have put 2+2 together and got 10, typical of lower league journalism, especially on t'internet.

My Thoughts exactly.

Although I have read in another article that the Bradford Manager is keeping a close eye on Doyle whilst he is here at Swindon but wouldn't comment on recalling him which is fair tbh.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #34 on: Thursday, October 3, 2019, 12:38:58 »

My Thoughts exactly.

Although I have read in another article that the Bradford Manager is keeping a close eye on Doyle whilst he is here at Swindon but wouldn't comment on recalling him which is fair tbh.
Thing is Doyle didn't play well under Bowyer early season and jumped at the chance to join the Town, I can't see him wanting to go back to them where he was not wanted and is also a large wage which we are paying (however much) part of that easing their already massive wage bill.

Briggany

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, October 3, 2019, 12:40:55 »

Thing is Doyle didn't play well under Bowyer early season and jumped at the chance to join the Town, I can't see him wanting to go back to them where he was not wanted and is also a large wage which we are paying (however much) part of that easing their already massive wage bill.

I personally don't think they will take him back, simply because shipping him out meant they could bring in 2 extra players!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #36 on: Thursday, October 3, 2019, 12:41:56 »

There will be a minutes applause for legend Peter Downsborough before the match Bradford have announced.

Has been announced he passed away from stomach and lung cancer, poor bugger.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #37 on: Thursday, October 3, 2019, 12:47:16 »

Gary Bowyer on Eoin Doyle.

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/17942916.bradford-city-boss-not-envious-doyles-success-loan/

"EOIN Doyle’s prolific start for Swindon is not bringing out the green-eyed monster in Gary Bowyer.

Doyle is Swindon’s top scorer with seven goals in his nine appearances since leaving City on a season-long loan, although he has not scored in the last three.

The club won’t comment on whether there is a clause in the deal for a possible recall in the January transfer window.

But he is not allowed to face his parent club at Valley Parade this weekend.

Doyle’s explosive form has not come as a shock to Bowyer – and the Bantams boss insists he is not envious at seeing the striker hitting the net regularly for a potential promotion rival.

Bowyer said: “It doesn’t surprise he has started so well because he has scored goals throughout his career.

“In a team that obviously got relegated last year, he still managed to get double figures for us.

“I know some people will say a lot of them were penalties but you’ve still got to score them. It’s not as easy as you think.

“It’s a move that’s just freshened him up a little bit but he’s still someone we are keeping a close eye on, that's for sure.”

Doyle is understood to be one of the top earners at Valley Parade - with Swindon believed to be paying more than half of his wages.

He did not get off the mark in the first three games of the season for City.

But he scored a late equaliser at League Two leaders Exeter on his Swindon debut and has followed up with doubles against Cheltenham, Morecambe and Macclesfield.

Bowyer added: “I’m pleased for the lad.

I know some people who probably wouldn’t be but the human nature is that you always want people to do well, especially when they are still registered as your player."

City have yet to beat a side above them as they prepare to face Richie Wellens’ fifth-placed side. But Bowyer believes the overall standard of the division is on the rise.

“It doesn’t matter what team we’re playing, you always know it’s going to be a very difficult game," he said. "Saturday will be no different.

“I think the standard of the coaching at this level has improved because of the knock-on effect of all the foreign coaches not just coming into the Premier League but also going down into the Championship.

“I also think the standard of the player has gone up. You hear the FA talking about the number of foreign players playing in our country and the lack of opportunities for the English lads in the Premier League.

“But that has a knock-on effect further down the divisions.”

Peter Venkman

« Reply #38 on: Thursday, October 3, 2019, 14:31:58 »

Swindon have already sold over 400 tickets for Saturday, not too bad.

Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, October 3, 2019, 17:43:41 »

Unfortunately I think this is a good call.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, October 3, 2019, 17:51:10 »

They’ve got as many, if not more, players out than us. No excuses here - 3 points please.
Flashheart

« Reply #41 on: Thursday, October 3, 2019, 17:53:21 »

I'll take 1 point.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, October 4, 2019, 01:09:58 »

Fucking hell you guys are negative. I'm going to block you all.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, October 4, 2019, 06:13:36 »

They’ve got as many, if not more, players out than us. No excuses here - 3 points please.

With a bigger squad? More depth, better players over all?
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, October 4, 2019, 14:32:31 »

I don't know what it is but GB strikes me as a bit of a UKIPper. Seems to mention "foreigners" a lot like it's some kind of dirty word. Probably just "generational" speak but that does seem to have bred a certain kind, that are sucked in by the whole "go back to where you came from" brigade.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: