Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Newport pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 45229 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Sunday, September 29, 2019, 12:24:01 »

Yep. They have lost once in their last 21 games.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I知 A Scientist.

« Reply #301 on: Sunday, September 29, 2019, 12:53:02 »

Yep. They have lost once in their last 21 games.
Twice if you count last seasons play off final. Still a good record at any level.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Sunday, September 29, 2019, 14:10:10 »

Twice if you count last seasons play off final. Still a good record at any level.

Newport will always been found out in a final...refs on telly tend not to stand for the heavy stuff..

Clems Army!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #303 on: Sunday, September 29, 2019, 14:12:25 »

Newport will always been found out in a final...refs on telly tend not to stand for the heavy stuff..

The ref yesterday was up there with the worst, he misses all their gamesmanship and shithousery.

kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Sunday, September 29, 2019, 14:56:23 »

We certainly have struggled against extremely physical sides who also defend well whithout playing a high line - Col U and Newport the obvious examples. Put in perspective however,  if Isgrove scores we have momentum and are favourites to go on and win the game and top the table.

As many here have said, we dont need a plan B as such - which we dont have the players for anyway - more an even increased focus on plan A, with some slight tweaks if needed. We were missing Boudry, Lyden, Doughty and Anderson who are some of our best exponents of playing through the thirds on the pitch, transitioning from defence to attack. Additionally losing Conroy was a bitter blow - more of that later.

Again like many, I didnt understood Wellens substitutions at all. Why have 2 centre halves on the bench if you aren't going to use them when the opportunity arises. Also if Grant is moved back, then surely Doughty rather than May is the obvious replacement. I also wouldnt have replaced Woolery who looked our most likely threat other than Isgrove. As an alternative, I would maybe have sacrificed Doyle, who was responsible for their first goal  by losing his marker and where clearly two up front wasn't working as the delivery wasn't there. The Reid switch for Rose was also a strange move and backfired almost instantly, although Fryers was mainly at fault for his weak header and Reid did go on to show some power and pace attacking wise and produced two pretty decent crosses.

Moving forward I fear Conroys injury will be have far more serious consequences than the loss to Newport. He has been superb this season and it's a crushing blow. Unless Broadbent regains his and Wellens confidence in him, we are down to relying on Baudry and Fryers as our only real options, with an untried - and not ready - Curran as back up. Iandolos form has at least meant that we aren't wholly reliant on Fryers as the only left back option. I suspect Wellens will look to pick up an out of contract centre half, although unlikely to be of similar quality to Conroy.

On to Bradford and assuming Anderson and Baudry are back then would go with this team:

McCormick
Hunt Baudry Fryers Iandolo
Rose Grant
Isgrove Doughty Anderson
Yates

Peter Venkman

« Reply #305 on: Sunday, September 29, 2019, 15:06:33 »

We missed Anderson yesterday as well as the defensive problems, Doyle will be a big miss against Bradford too.

LondonRed85

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Sunday, September 29, 2019, 20:33:05 »

Conroy will be out for at least 6 months you would think, massive blow for him and for us!  Sad
Panda Paws

« Reply #307 on: Monday, September 30, 2019, 08:06:58 »

On Conroy, does anyone know if it's the same knee as last time? If it is, he's in big trouble. If not, he's just incredibly unlucky.

Callum Wilson came back from multiple ACLs and is playing his best football - it is possible. Rumour has it Dion's isn't a season-ending ACL but we'll hopefully find out today.

On to Bradford. It's a blessing in disguise Doyle can't play as it means we'll probably revert to a 4231.

Benda
Hunt Baudry Fryer Iandolo
        Grant Rose
Isgrove Doughty Keshi
             Yates
« Last Edit: Monday, September 30, 2019, 09:04:47 by Panda Paws » Logged
Peter Venkman

« Reply #308 on: Monday, September 30, 2019, 08:19:13 »

The commentator on Saturday seemed to think it was, I couldn't remember which it was he did last time though.

I think by the way he say in tears with his head in his hand I have a feeling it must be the same and that he knew straight away that it was serious again.

If it is the same one then it could be career threatening, which is such a shame for him just as he started to come good.

The Adver suggests its 6 months out.

ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Monday, September 30, 2019, 08:45:54 »

could be the medial ligament, hurts like fuck tackling with your instep
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Monday, September 30, 2019, 09:44:25 »

We missed Anderson yesterday as well as the defensive problems, Doyle will be a big miss against Bradford too.

Yep, Keshi frustrates the hell out of me at times because he's still capable of performing so much better than he typically does, but we've suffered without him this season.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #311 on: Monday, September 30, 2019, 12:58:51 »

Yep, Keshi frustrates the hell out of me at times because he's still capable of performing so much better than he typically does, but we've suffered without him this season.
I agree totally, but saying that hes twice the player and half as frustrating as he was last season!

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Monday, September 30, 2019, 13:00:09 »

he's looked rejuvenated this season to me.

he's not perfect, but with better players around him he's looking better himself.

imo, obvs
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Monday, September 30, 2019, 13:02:57 »

he's looked rejuvenated this season to me.

he's not perfect, but with better players around him he's looking better himself.

imo, obvs

Keshi is out of contract in the summer, he'll need a good season if it's not to be back to non league for him. The penny looks to have dropped.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: