Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Newport pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 44955 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, September 26, 2019, 10:38:02 »

Hiding Behind The Curtain
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, September 26, 2019, 10:40:56 »

Volunteers needed to man the "Stop 4D" County Ground blockade
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, September 26, 2019, 11:13:10 »

So i get a hat and car sticker?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, September 26, 2019, 11:15:04 »

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #19 on: Thursday, September 26, 2019, 11:17:51 »

I wish 4D no harm, but...
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, September 26, 2019, 11:17:59 »

The club will surely be hoping to break 8k attendance for this. Expect Newport to bring c.700,  so 7.3k home fans should be  easily achievable, given current feel good factor and summer holidays finished for most. Will be interesting to see whether Woolery or Doughty replace Anderson if the latter is unfit. Personally would go with Doughty and play him behind a front 3 of Isgrove, Yates and Doyle. Reasoning being that Newport will initially sit deep and Doughtys guile will be useful. Woolery to come on if game gets stretched in latter stages. Rest of the team picks itself imo if Baudry not recovered in time. No need to risk him or Anderson atm with some good squad options. Newport will mainly post a risk at set pieces and as always first goal will be crucial.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, September 26, 2019, 11:27:39 »

So i get a hat and car sticker?
And a poking stick.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #22 on: Thursday, September 26, 2019, 11:30:28 »

The club will surely be hoping to break 8k attendance for this. Expect Newport to bring c.700,  so 7.3k home fans should be  easily achievable, given current feel good factor and summer holidays finished for most. Will be interesting to see whether Woolery or Doughty replace Anderson if the latter is unfit. Personally would go with Doughty and play him behind a front 3 of Isgrove, Yates and Doyle. Reasoning being that Newport will initially sit deep and Doughtys guile will be useful. Woolery to come on if game gets stretched in latter stages. Rest of the team picks itself imo if Baudry not recovered in time. No need to risk him or Anderson atm with some good squad options. Newport will mainly post a risk at set pieces and as always first goal will be crucial.
I think 8k may be a little out of our reach at the moment.

If we had beaten Colchester then I think the "feel good factor" could possibly have contributed another 600 on to our home average I think that has wilted a little and think we will get just a little more than our current home fans average of around 6,700.

Newport have never been great travellers to the CG and rarely bring more than 700 or so even when doing well.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, September 26, 2019, 11:34:47 »

Grinding 1-0 win. 8345 attendance. The Savoy gets trashed.

Think Wellens could be up to his old tricks again - Baudry and Anderson to start. Isgrove has been relatively quiet lately - time for a goal.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, September 26, 2019, 11:39:57 »

What if I attend but leave early when if we go behind?  Smiley
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, September 26, 2019, 11:41:12 »

What if I attend but leave early when if we go behind?  Smiley
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, September 26, 2019, 11:42:56 »

4D is more than welcome to attend, but needs to go through a rite of passage to remove the curse first.

This should do the trick.
Might sting a bit.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, September 26, 2019, 11:49:59 »

4D is more than welcome to attend, but needs to go through a rite of passage to remove the curse first.

This should do the trick.
Might sting a bit.

We could set it up next to the inflatable pitch in the FanZone, should entertain the kids while they're waiting
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, September 26, 2019, 12:29:32 »

I think 8k may be a little out of our reach at the moment.

If we had beaten Colchester then I think the "feel good factor" could possibly have contributed another 600 on to our home average I think that has wilted a little and think we will get just a little more than our current home fans average of around 6,700.

Newport have never been great travellers to the CG and rarely bring more than 700 or so even when doing well.

True, I think were 2nd or 3rd when they came down here last season (the game where it was horrendously windy if memory serves) and only brought 600 or so.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #29 on: Thursday, September 26, 2019, 12:35:24 »

True, I think were 2nd or 3rd when they came down here last season (the game where it was horrendously windy if memory serves) and only brought 600 or so.

Yes the wind was awful that day and we totally outplayed them for the first 45 mins and should have gone in 4 or 5 up.

They never seem to travel in numbers even though its only 55 miles or so, even back in the 70s and 80s when they were known for troublemaking they only ever used to bring 300 or so.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: