Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: US firm offer £7m to buy STFC  (Read 56542 times)
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Thursday, October 10, 2019, 11:37:22 »

I'm somewhere in the middle. He comes across as a nice bloke and he's a decent journalist, then the odd little snipes like at the end of that tweet make him look unprofessional and like a jilted ex-lover.
Spot on assessment of Morshead.
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Thursday, October 10, 2019, 12:26:55 »

Supposedly more takeover talk in next weeks adver

Sent from my iPhone

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Thursday, October 10, 2019, 13:11:23 »

I'm a bit on the fence with Sam. Thought he did a cracking job covering STFC during a mad time, but as others have said the kind of 'bitterness' he has is a little bit tedious. I guess I can understand why though.

He came accross very well in his LS podcast and I have actually met him a few times, many years ago, and he was very pleasant.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Thursday, October 10, 2019, 14:58:45 »

What happened to Tom Bassam? He was a Junior Reporter for the Adver, I believe around the time Morehead & Warren decided to ship out and set up Total. Kind of left him up shit creek really, in some sense. Especially during that time.

Of course we had Andrew Steele-Davis too who I met a couple of times, a while back and he came across as a mostly impartial and decent guy. No wonder he got the press job at Town. Isn't he trying to make it in sports journalism in the States? We were very spoilt at the time for the number of local media outlets reporting on Town.

On another note, I have submitted a bid to buy the club. The proviso requires Jamie Cureton being sold for £500k, David Kerslake buying into my business idea, and Deborah Meaden lending me £2.5m for a 95% stake. Oh and there will be two Wonga loans of a combined £4m taken out against the club and the 50% ground. Lee Power has not yet picked up my 88th voicemail message (in the space of three weeks) but I'm confident he'll accept the total offer of tuppence'apenee!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Thursday, October 10, 2019, 15:01:41 »

What happened to Tom Bassam? He was a Junior Reporter for the Adver, I believe around the time Morehead & Warren decided to ship out and set up Total. Kind of left him up shit creek really, in some sense. Especially during that time.

Of course we had Andrew Steele-Davis too who I met a couple of times, a while back and he came across as a mostly impartial and decent guy. No wonder he got the press job at Town. Isn't he trying to make it in sports journalism in the States? We were very spoilt at the time for the number of local media outlets reporting on Town.

On another note, I have submitted a bid to buy the club. The proviso requires Jamie Cureton being sold for £500k, David Kerslake buying into my business idea, and Deborah Meaden lending me £2.5m for a 95% stake. Oh and there will be two Wonga loans of a combined £4m taken out against the club and the 50% ground. Lee Power has not yet picked up my 88th voicemail message (in the space of three weeks) but I'm confident he'll accept the total offer of tuppence'apenee!

ASD is a lovely lad. He has apparently given up on football completely to try and crack a market that is already highly oversaturated in covering US sports. Good luck to him I say, bold move - but so far reading his stuff reads like an American writing about soccer.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Thursday, October 10, 2019, 15:30:39 »

ASD is a lovely lad. He has apparently given up on football completely to try and crack a market that is already highly oversaturated in covering US sports. Good luck to him I say, bold move - but so far reading his stuff reads like an American writing about soccer.

I know he's a big Ice Hockey fan but totally agree, bold move - I hope he carves out a decent career over there/here.

Interestingly I got talking to a MiLB (Minor League Baseball) commentator/reporter recently, who gave me an insight to that localised scene, as well as what a MiLB commentator does in the off season.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Thursday, October 10, 2019, 15:43:26 »

so where is able company swindon llc? I can't fucking find them apart from this fucker

Corporations Division
Business Entity Summary
ID Number: 001385380    

Summary for:  ABLE COMPANY LLC
The exact name of the Domestic Limited Liability Company (LLC):   ABLE COMPANY LLC
Entity type:   Domestic Limited Liability Company (LLC)
Identification Number: 001385380    
Date of Organization in Massachusetts:   05-23-2019    
     Last date certain:
The location or address where the records are maintained (A PO box is not a valid location or address):

Address:    78 MONTGOMERY STREET
City or town, State, Zip code, Country:    BOSTON,   MA   02116   USA
The name and address of the Resident Agent:

Name:    WILLIAM KERAVUORI
The name and business address of each Manager:
Title   Individual name   Address
MANAGER   WILLIAM KERAVUORI    78 MONTGOMERY STREET BOSTON, MA 02116 USA
In addition to the manager(s), the name and business address of the person(s) authorized to execute documents to be filed with the Corporations Division:

The name and business address of the person(s) authorized to execute, acknowledge, deliver, and record any recordable instrument purporting to affect an interest in real property:
REAL PROPERTY   WILLIAM KERAVUORI    78 MONTGOMERY STREET BOSTON, MA 02116 USA
Consent   Confidential Data   Merger Allowed   Manufacturing
View filings for this business entity:
Comments or notes associated with this business entity:

William Francis Galvin, Secretary of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Thursday, October 10, 2019, 15:52:55 »

I note from his Twitter bio that the Chief Sports Writer on the Advertiser now is a freelancer?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Thursday, October 10, 2019, 16:18:22 »

I'm a bit on the fence with Sam. Thought he did a cracking job covering STFC during a mad time, but as others have said the kind of 'bitterness' he has is a little bit tedious. I guess I can understand why though.

He came accross very well in his LS podcast and I have actually met him a few times, many years ago, and he was very pleasant.

Sams alright. Got fucking hammered with him at the sponsors do, then he proceeded to clear the dancefloor in Kasbah after with his dance moves
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Thursday, October 10, 2019, 16:24:00 »

so where is able company swindon llc? I can't fucking find them apart from this fucker

Corporations Division
Business Entity Summary
ID Number: 001385380    

Summary for:  ABLE COMPANY LLC
The exact name of the Domestic Limited Liability Company (LLC):   ABLE COMPANY LLC
Entity type:   Domestic Limited Liability Company (LLC)
Identification Number: 001385380    
Date of Organization in Massachusetts:   05-23-2019    
     Last date certain:
The location or address where the records are maintained (A PO box is not a valid location or address):

The name and address of the Resident Agent:

Name:    WILLIAM KERAVUORI
The name and business address of each Manager:
MANAGER   WILLIAM KERAVUORI    78 MONTGOMERY STREET BOSTON, MA 02116 USA
In addition to the manager(s), the name and business address of the person(s) authorized to execute documents to be filed with the Corporations Division:

The name and business address of the person(s) authorized to execute, acknowledge, deliver, and record any recordable instrument purporting to affect an interest in real property:
REAL PROPERTY   WILLIAM KERAVUORI    78 MONTGOMERY STREET BOSTON, MA 02116 USA
Consent   Confidential Data   Merger Allowed   Manufacturing
View filings for this business entity:
Comments or notes associated with this business entity:

William Francis Galvin, Secretary of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
The only info about the guy is he used to work for a real estate company called the Abbey Group in the state's. Doesn't seem any link to any sporting development or such like just residential and commercial properties so on the face of it is the exact type of person we wouldn't want anywhere near the club.
Flashheart

« Reply #130 on: Thursday, October 10, 2019, 16:36:38 »

The Abbey Group part-owns the Boston Celtics (NBA)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Thursday, October 10, 2019, 17:07:49 »

The Abbey Group part-owns the Boston Celtics (NBA)
He doesn't seem part of them any more, removed from their website and everything.

He created 2 other company's at the same time 'AC merger inc' and 'Able company corp'. Still all feels dodgy as fuck and wonder where exactly he's even come across STFC.
« Last Edit: Thursday, October 10, 2019, 17:22:19 by theakston2k » Logged
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Thursday, October 10, 2019, 20:46:43 »

Seconded, hes also a really nice bloke who asks questions the BBC only skirt around, and trust me, he has every reason to dislike Power but rarely actually says anything in public, unlike Kostiuk.

Thirded, motion carried.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Friday, October 11, 2019, 06:11:38 »

He doesn't seem part of them any more, removed from their website and everything.

He created 2 other company's at the same time 'AC merger inc' and 'Able company corp'. Still all feels dodgy as fuck and wonder where exactly he's even come across STFC.
I’ve always wondered how clubs get the word out that they are up for sale - or looking for outside investment - without appearing to be a desperate plea for a sale.

This has only come up since the CG sale has been agreed. There are enough UK chancers without worrying about unknown foreign buyers. If this bid is actually a real one, I presume they’ve offered Power £7m plus he also gets his sell on fee from Bogle.

It doesn’t smell good, for sure.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Friday, October 11, 2019, 06:54:53 »

I’ve always wondered how clubs get the word out that they are up for sale - or looking for outside investment - without appearing to be a desperate plea for a sale.

This has only come up since the CG sale has been agreed. There are enough UK chancers without worrying about unknown foreign buyers. If this bid is actually a real one, I presume they’ve offered Power £7m plus he also gets his sell on fee from Bogle.

It doesn’t smell good, for sure.

‘I’ve always wondered how clubs get the word out that they are up for sale - or looking for outside investment - without appearing to be a desperate plea for a sale.’

1) Everyone knows someone who knows someone.
2) Every industry has its inside ‘experts’ including football and commercial building developers.
3) Within these sectors there are researchers to scour media, planning applications land transactions etc.
4) Where there is muck there is brass, equally where there is brass there are connections.
5) Clem? See No.1

I’m confident that those amongst us know a few other relevant sayings that could be added.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: