Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: US firm offer £7m to buy STFC  (Read 56561 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Thursday, October 10, 2019, 09:04:08 »

Moosehead is just Kostiuk with a journalism degree. Beyond tedious.

And the skin of a dumped 15 year of girl apparently.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Thursday, October 10, 2019, 09:19:37 »

Don't get the hate for Sam M. He was the last in a dying breed of local investigative journalists who dug up a lot of dirt at a time when the club was in mortal danger at the hands of a succession of complete shysters. Of course those in charge won't welcome that sort of press attention, and Power might be a step up from some of the previous low-lifes, but the way he handled  Morshead's enquiries hardly inspired confidence, and we should remain wary of him.

Do you really prefer the complete absence of investigative reporting that the demise of local journalism has brought on?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Thursday, October 10, 2019, 09:24:04 »

Don't get the hate for Sam M. He was the last in a dying breed of local investigative journalists who dug up a lot of dirt at a time when the club was in mortal danger at the hands of a succession of complete shysters. Of course those in charge won't welcome that sort of press attention, and Power might be a step up from some of the previous low-lifes, but the way he handled  Morshead's enquiries hardly inspired confidence, and we should remain wary of him.

Do you really prefer the complete absence of investigative reporting that the demise of local journalism has brought on?
Completely agree.
Flashheart

« Reply #108 on: Thursday, October 10, 2019, 09:31:46 »

What I find interesting is that Shaun Hodgetts, who is not an investigative journalist, is bemoaned by many as supposedly being a Power shill for not exposing Power's alleged dodgy dealings, but the same people don't seem to ask why Morshead - whom is a good investigative journalist and has a grudge to bear - has not done the same.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #109 on: Thursday, October 10, 2019, 09:45:24 »

Completely agree.
Seconded, hes also a really nice bloke who asks questions the BBC only skirt around, and trust me, he has every reason to dislike Power but rarely actually says anything in public, unlike Kostiuk.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Thursday, October 10, 2019, 09:50:40 »

What I find interesting is that Shaun Hodgetts, who is not an investigative journalist, is bemoaned by many as supposedly being a Power shill for not exposing Power's alleged dodgy dealings, but the same people don't seem to ask why Morshead - whom is a good investigative journalist and has a grudge to bear - has not done the same.
Maybe there's not much to dig up or at least what there is has already been dug up? Still agree with RF though, would rather have journalists who are a bit "awkward" to the powers that be (whether they be football, financial or political) as we rely on them to hold authority figures to account.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Thursday, October 10, 2019, 09:51:48 »

Seconded

Thirded.

Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #112 on: Thursday, October 10, 2019, 09:54:02 »

I'm somewhere in the middle. He comes across as a nice bloke and he's a decent journalist, then the odd little snipes like at the end of that tweet make him look unprofessional and like a jilted ex-lover.
Flashheart

« Reply #113 on: Thursday, October 10, 2019, 09:57:52 »

Maybe there's not much to dig up or at least what there is has already been dug up?

I agree.

But why is one criticized when it's not even his area but the other, who is adept at such a job, is not?

Of course it's a rhetorical question... the answer is that Morshead's negative soundbites appeal to those that like to make such accusations against Hodgetts. Hodgetts is the enemy because not everything he says is negative.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Thursday, October 10, 2019, 10:03:55 »

I'm somewhere in the middle. He comes across as a nice bloke and he's a decent journalist, then the odd little snipes like at the end of that tweet make him look unprofessional and like a jilted ex-lover.
Yeah, that's probably fair comment. Nobody's perfect.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Thursday, October 10, 2019, 10:25:15 »

This

Seconded, hes also a really nice bloke who asks questions the BBC only skirt around, and trust me, he has every reason to dislike Power but rarely actually says anything in public, unlike Kostiuk.

If he has got something to say, just fucking say it then rather than going all Coleen Rooney.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #116 on: Thursday, October 10, 2019, 10:27:41 »

If he has got something to say, just fucking say it then rather than going all Coleen Rooney.
Some things are not for posting on a forum or in the press, I will leave it at that.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Thursday, October 10, 2019, 11:13:57 »

I still don't think it constitutes a real bid to be honest. If someone comes up to you and says I'll pay you £7 million for the club but only pay you when players are sold that the club doesn't even own you'd just laugh at them. Any one of us could effectively make the same sort of bid as a joke.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #118 on: Thursday, October 10, 2019, 11:25:35 »

I too don't think there was a "serious" bid TBH.

Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Thursday, October 10, 2019, 11:35:49 »

Some things are not for posting on a forum or in the press, I will leave it at that.
That's understandable.....but then don't make little snidey comments suggesting you're in the know about something only to say "oh, I can't say" and leave everybody hanging (that's not aimed at you by the way...). One of the others that posted on Twitter in reply to Morshead is a champion of that sort of thing.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: