Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: US firm offer £7m to buy STFC  (Read 56550 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #15 on: Saturday, September 21, 2019, 10:19:18 »

I concur with Batch, I think Clem is almost entirely part of this.

I would prefer if he came out and said so then that would probably settle my mind a little more, better the devil you (sort of) know and all that.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, September 21, 2019, 10:39:32 »

Going to need to see a bit more on this before bothering to think about it...
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, September 21, 2019, 12:49:49 »

What a cunt power is for not accepting it.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
phelpsieboy

« Reply #18 on: Saturday, September 21, 2019, 12:54:24 »

I concur with Batch, I think Clem is almost entirely part of this.

I would prefer if he came out and said so then that would probably settle my mind a little more, better the devil you (sort of) know and all that.
There were comments on Twitter from someone with close links to Clem who stated that Clem isn't involved and reading it in the adver was the first Clem had heard of it, which may explain why the club were so staunch to deny the legitimacy of the bid.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #19 on: Saturday, September 21, 2019, 12:58:58 »

There were comments on Twitter from someone with close links to Clem who stated that Clem isn't involved and reading it in the adver was the first Clem had heard of it, which may explain why the club were so staunch to deny the legitimacy of the bid.
I read much on Twitter so thats the first  I have heard of that.

Interesting.

Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, September 21, 2019, 13:27:06 »

Not seen any of those, certainly contradicts what the Cheltenham troll has to say

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #21 on: Saturday, September 21, 2019, 13:27:56 »

Power just been interviewed on BBC and categorically states there has been no bid.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, September 21, 2019, 13:31:17 »

Quote from: phelpsieboy

in that case, wtaf!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, September 21, 2019, 13:34:59 »

Quote from: Peter Venkman
Power just been interviewed on BBC and categorically states there has been no bid.

I tend to take these denials with a pinch of salt based on previous experiences.
-----
 Power stated the club wasn't for sale, and he wasn't sure if he would be around for 1 or
2 years, or longer. He also mentioned he was focused on getting the ground deal done .

So as suspected it seems likely he'll do that and push off, with the club worth more when he does.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #24 on: Saturday, September 21, 2019, 13:41:03 »

I tend to take these denials with a pinch of salt based on previous experiences.
-----
 Power stated the club wasn't for sale, and he wasn't sure if he would be around for 1 or
2 years, or longer. He also mentioned he was focused on getting the ground deal done .

So as suspected it seems likely he'll do that and push off, with the club worth more when he does.
Power has always stated that if a good offer comes in for the club then he will sell.

He has always stated that since day 1.

Power has never, that I can remember, decieved the fans with his intentions, he has never lied to the fans about things, as far as I can remember.

I may be forgetting some things but, when has he ever said something is not going to happen and then it actually happens?

Genuine question as I truly can't remember him being proved to have lied to the fans.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, September 21, 2019, 14:09:35 »

training ground Smiley

previous experience = previous owners
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, September 21, 2019, 15:24:11 »

Property Developer ?

No thanks we all know what they are after and that is not the playing side of the club, there are a few examples in the FL, for the moment it is better the devil you know, never thought I would say this about Power but we are stable and with the ground purchase imminent things could move into a upwards trajectory and hopefully encourage better owners looking to improve on and off the pitch.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, September 21, 2019, 15:52:32 »

American property developer at a time we are looking to purchase the ground. What could go wrong....

Considering that the deal with the Council is not done yet, and I imagine will be caveated to high heaven (setting side its a JV with the Trust anyway) £7m for essentially the right to develop the CG car park seems a very high price to pay not to make a great deal of a return.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, September 21, 2019, 16:06:21 »

What are the debits owed to Power in the last accounts, how much 'profit' would he be making on this £7m, bit dodgy though that they are willing to give Power extra ££$$ if a player gets sold, sounds a bit of an odd deal.
Not sure why whoever you assume is part of this consortium has chosen to 'leak' the details to the adver, as it does seem a little bit of detail in there for it to be BS.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, September 21, 2019, 16:10:23 »

William Keravuori has a company  Able Company LLC incorporated in Massachusetts this year; can't see a Swindon version yet. If he's the one at 78, Montgomery St then the janitorial firm working out of his house certainly could keep the ground clean !!
Doesn't look like he's got a pot to piss in from here.
Glad to proven wrong though.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: