Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: US firm offer £7m to buy STFC  (Read 56539 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« on: Saturday, September 21, 2019, 06:19:29 »

Well, well

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/17917935.us-firm-makes-7m-bid-buy-swindon-town-club-denies-knowledge/
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, September 21, 2019, 06:30:48 »

I was interested to read, via this link, that Tiffins has apparently closed down.

Nothing to see here
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, September 21, 2019, 07:09:32 »

The fella mentioned, William Keravuori, looks to be a 'real estate' developer.

No thanks.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, September 21, 2019, 07:28:21 »

If it's real which I doubt, their business plan is based on another team selling an ex player. Yeah ok.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, September 21, 2019, 07:29:42 »

hmmm. interesting.

this is not mentioned as a hint, or anything like it, I literally know f'all, but is Clem involved in the consortium?
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, September 21, 2019, 07:31:06 »

Jim Little comes to mind.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, September 21, 2019, 07:48:21 »

Adver has every right to go all in on this but there's not much here other than the Bogle stuff.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, September 21, 2019, 08:01:04 »

Rooooaaarrr Inc.

I come from a land down-under
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, September 21, 2019, 08:02:15 »

hmmm. interesting.

this is not mentioned as a hint, or anything like it, I literally know f'all, but is Clem involved in the consortium?

Interesting you mention this, I couldn’t help thinking of old digger myself.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, September 21, 2019, 08:15:11 »

Let’s keep an open mind. Power has stabilised us, and used his know how to appoint a very good manager. I’m not a huge fan of the language used - which doesn’t demonstrate a real understanding of football - but there are a number of successful clubs with owners who have very little football knowledge. If development is the incentive, fine - so long as that is beneficial, rather than detrimental to the football.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, September 21, 2019, 09:06:36 »

Let’s keep an open mind. Power has stabilised us, and used his know how to appoint a very good manager. I’m not a huge fan of the language used - which doesn’t demonstrate a real understanding of football - but there are a number of successful clubs with owners who have very little football knowledge. If development is the incentive, fine - so long as that is beneficial, rather than detrimental to the football.

Let’s keep an open mind. Power has stabilised us, and used his know how - to get us from the verge of the championship to the depths of dispair in division two. Yes we seem to have stabilised financially and for that I for one am greatful. Lest we forget that his original mission statement was championship football in five years. Well it’s five years and as stated we have dropped to where we are from nearly the objective in the first season. The result has been to sell off the crown Jewells to I assume stabilise the club financially or line his own pocket? So we now start from scratch and yes things are on the up and I am confident we will go up. So is this his exit strategy?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, September 21, 2019, 09:46:30 »

American property developer at a time we are looking to purchase the ground. What could go wrong....
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #12 on: Saturday, September 21, 2019, 09:51:39 »

Well this was a shock today, waking up and reading this news.

I personally think the club as worth more than that to Power.

There are still questions regarding the traning ground etc and also the club are in negotiations with the council and the Trust concerning the 50% ownership of the ground.

This sounds like a developer chancing his arm, to get in before the ground sale goes through so that they can have rights to develop the area around the ground.

Foreign investors aren't in it for the football, they never are, in lower leagues of football anyway.

Not sure at the moment I would wish to change things as there will almost certainly be a change in management of the club as they have no working relationship with Wellens.

Sounds a lot like what happens at Yeovil with Rob Couhig who has now moved his attention to Wycombe.

I will reserve judgement but not entirely happy witht he sound of things at the moment, if indeed there is fire with this smoke.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, September 21, 2019, 09:56:28 »

The wannabe in the know lot on FB are claiming Clem is involved. Doubt that.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, September 21, 2019, 10:15:39 »

Quote from: theakston2k
The wannabe in the know lot on FB are claiming Clem is involved. Doubt that.

why do you doubt it?

To me it's all completely out the blue if he isn't.

I definitely agree it's all a bit Jim Little if he isn't.

I'm sure the Adver know more, wonder if they have plans to string it out all week, or whether they have been told to keep quiet.

Could do without the distraction, but then again we've no idea what's going on behind the scenes - if anything
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: