Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: US firm offer £7m to buy STFC  (Read 56880 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Monday, September 23, 2019, 09:53:47 »

jeez it was a jokey comment based on previous discussions elsewhere. I'm very much in the 'believe it when I see it camp', but that's all.

the only thing I genuinely think is misleading is that we are self sufficient, which to be fair  is shown in the accounts this isn't so - and power has said he has funded us in the past too. and I'm ok with it now as it's funding a promotion push.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Monday, September 23, 2019, 09:56:21 »

As for everything else... When I first saw this I had no idea what is going on. I can now confirm that, after having had a think about it, I still have no idea what is going on.

Are you a journalist on the Adver?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #77 on: Monday, September 23, 2019, 09:57:30 »

jeez it was a jokey comment based on previous discussions elsewhere. I'm very much in the 'believe it when I see it camp', but that's all.

the only thing I genuinely think is misleading is that we are self sufficient, which to be fair  is shown in the accounts this isn't so - and power has said he has funded us in the past too. and I'm ok with it now as it's funding a promotion push.
And there I was thinking you might know some of Powers skeletons in his cupboard concerning the training ground....

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Monday, September 23, 2019, 10:00:07 »

yeah, he's only bought it to put stables and housing on and the land is unsuitable for football pitches.

plus he's building a big man made of wicker and will sacrifice TD to the football god's in January to ensure we keep key loan players
Peter Venkman

« Reply #79 on: Monday, September 23, 2019, 10:01:23 »

yeah, he's only bought it to put stables and housing on and the land is unsuitable for football pitches.

plus he's building a big man made of wicker and will sacrifice TD to the football god's in January to ensure we keep key loan players
Tell the Adver they will print that as fact Smiley

Peter Venkman

« Reply #80 on: Monday, September 23, 2019, 10:03:00 »

Actually you should put in a proviso that he will only do that if Bogle is transfered in the next transfer window, That will make it sound even more plausible.

NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Monday, September 23, 2019, 10:11:38 »

I struggle a bit with the anti-Power agenda of some posters on here and the Adver site.
Some may feel he should have speculated more on player wages - but that is possible if you have very deep pockets (eg Bournemouth’s Russian money launderer, or Man City’s wealthy Arab owners) but as we saw when Andrew Black decided he’d had enough it leaves a difficult legacy of an unaffordable salary budget / lots of debts. The demise of Bury, the struggles of Bolton, Notts County and others should remind us that long term we should be spending in line with our turnover.
Power has identified that ground ownership is a major part of that and is working with SBC and the Trust to secure that.
The training ground appears to be ongoing - why would you buy land and submit a planning application if you weren’t planning to do that.
Also he always said he wouldn’t be here for ever, but the Club is in a healthier state now than before he took over from the chancer Jed.
Having said all that, LP has made some poor decisions too - his communications were poor, and this season, with RW they seem to have recognised the need to build relationships with the supportes and community and are trying to do that. I would welcome greater transparency in the accounts, but they do meet the requirements for this type of company.
The other bad decisions have been around manager appointments - he was unlucky with Martin Ling (due sadly to ML’s health problems, which incidentally should remind us all that there are more important things than football), he stuck with Luke Williams for too long and the Tactics Tim affair should never have happened. Flitcroft seemed a logical appointment based on a league 2 track record (the football was the most dire I remember in a long time, and as we know he though Mansfield was a better prospect), similarly an argument could have been made for appointing Phil Brown based on his experience. Once he realised that PB had lost the plot (assuming he ever had it of course) he reacted and currently RW working with Jewell etc looks a good appointment and I for one (others have said similarly on other threads) am really enjoying the football this season.

I would be very concerned about this type of speculative bid being accepted, as we know nothing about the alleged bidder or their plans.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Monday, September 23, 2019, 10:29:41 »

I would be very concerned about this type of speculative bid being accepted, as we know nothing about the alleged bidder or their plans.

Agree, but it sounds pretty unlikely it will be.
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Monday, September 23, 2019, 10:53:06 »

I struggle a bit with the anti-Power agenda of some posters on here and the Adver site.
Some may feel he should have speculated more on player wages - but that is possible if you have very deep pockets (eg Bournemouth’s Russian money launderer, or Man City’s wealthy Arab owners) but as we saw when Andrew Black decided he’d had enough it leaves a difficult legacy of an unaffordable salary budget / lots of debts. The demise of Bury, the struggles of Bolton, Notts County and others should remind us that long term we should be spending in line with our turnover.
Power has identified that ground ownership is a major part of that and is working with SBC and the Trust to secure that.
The training ground appears to be ongoing - why would you buy land and submit a planning application if you weren’t planning to do that.
Also he always said he wouldn’t be here for ever, but the Club is in a healthier state now than before he took over from the chancer Jed.
Having said all that, LP has made some poor decisions too - his communications were poor, and this season, with RW they seem to have recognised the need to build relationships with the supportes and community and are trying to do that. I would welcome greater transparency in the accounts, but they do meet the requirements for this type of company.
The other bad decisions have been around manager appointments - he was unlucky with Martin Ling (due sadly to ML’s health problems, which incidentally should remind us all that there are more important things than football), he stuck with Luke Williams for too long and the Tactics Tim affair should never have happened. Flitcroft seemed a logical appointment based on a league 2 track record (the football was the most dire I remember in a long time, and as we know he though Mansfield was a better prospect), similarly an argument could have been made for appointing Phil Brown based on his experience. Once he realised that PB had lost the plot (assuming he ever had it of course) he reacted and currently RW working with Jewell etc looks a good appointment and I for one (others have said similarly on other threads) am really enjoying the football this season.

A very well reasoned and balanced post. I wouldnt venture on to the fb site though,  full of so called fans who wouldnt welcome such balance!
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Monday, September 23, 2019, 11:06:43 »

Sums up entirely how I feel. I have absolutely no desire to see this "takeover bid" come to fruition, especially now it's clear there is no involvement from Clem, despite people running around claiming otherwise.
If Power leaves us on an upward trajectory, in trustworthy hands, with the ground and training ground development in motion, I think he can leave with a decent amount of goodwill from most of the fans.

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Monday, September 23, 2019, 13:24:40 »

but can that be done if ownership is 50/50 and the other party is against it?

I reckon so. Don’t forget, the club own the stands. They then in theory own 50% of the land it stands on. Are the trust going to stop the development of the stadium and allow the club to carry on with what in real terms today is an out dated stadium and a bank that should be condemned.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Monday, September 23, 2019, 13:27:04 »

We've done this to death. The covenant can be bought out if a suitable offer is made to the Goddard estate, both monetary and in terms of the provision of suitable alternate facilities.

Yes I know. Suck it up it will be done to more than death going forward 😁
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Monday, September 23, 2019, 14:04:58 »

Yes I know. Suck it up it will be done to more than death going forward 😁
So, basically then you are incapable of retaining information? Not a lot of point you asking questions about these things then is there?
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Monday, September 23, 2019, 16:11:52 »

You'd hope that in a post Bury world the FL would actually conduct proper FPP tests.  Pie in the sky I know.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Monday, September 23, 2019, 21:59:31 »

So, basically then you are incapable of retaining information? Not a lot of point you asking questions about these things then is there?

Correct. Remember I vote conservative, voted for Brexit and read the Daily Mail. Oh and i’m a swivel eyed little Englander. Even then you still feel the need to make yourself feel good by denigrating me and others. You carry on knocking yourself out mate. For the record I didn’t say or suggest that it would be me that would carry on bringing up the sporting covenant, merely suggesting that it would be bought up again and again as it has for years.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: