Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: US firm offer £7m to buy STFC  (Read 56858 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Monday, September 23, 2019, 06:24:46 »

Selling a more valuable football club than the one he bought

Things get better but they never get good
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Monday, September 23, 2019, 06:42:28 »

From Power’s statement today, he denies any offer but I’m sure I can detect he’s fairly close to an exit sometime after the ground/training ground has been sorted. He mentioned 2 years.

For those more clued up, how does he make money from the CG once he’s got the 50/50 sorted?

Because the freehold can be mortgaged for one. Imagine you are playing monopoly. Once you have the free hold of all three colours what can you put on the property....

Now we know about the sporting covenant but I would offer that with the right legal expertise in court that can be over turned or amended. If not there is still with the right investment an opportunity to buy land around the ground and houses (Liverpool did this IIRC and possibily others too) and make SN1 a massive development of whatever will make money, given time. If the latter then the on pitch performance needs, shall we say, to step up a gear or three. The premier league riches are the jewel in the crown of sporting aspirations. In simple terms money makes money. The unlocking of the freehold is the key to making things happen. How that looks in five or ten years time is anyone’s guess but the freehold is key.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Monday, September 23, 2019, 07:10:28 »

but can that be done if ownership is 50/50 and the other party is against it?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Monday, September 23, 2019, 08:17:31 »

I can't see Power walking away without at least getting his money back and would think with the ground deal and if Highworth gets planning the club is potentially worth more. This offer feels like a speculative one to see if Power is tempted and so far isn't.

As Highworth is an entirely Power project if it gets permission it will have zero effect upon the value of the club.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Monday, September 23, 2019, 08:43:05 »

Now we know about the sporting covenant but I would offer that with the right legal expertise in court that can be over turned or amended.
We've done this to death. The covenant can be bought out if a suitable offer is made to the Goddard estate, both monetary and in terms of the provision of suitable alternate facilities.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Monday, September 23, 2019, 08:56:30 »

We've done this to death. The covenant can be bought out if a suitable offer is made to the Goddard estate, both monetary and in terms of the provision of suitable alternate facilities.

Indeed, I would suggest that the bigger problem for any unscrupulous buyer at the moment would be a) the deal has not been done with the Council and b) they would only be getting 50% with the other 50% being fan owned.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #66 on: Monday, September 23, 2019, 09:05:31 »

The Adver story is just a rehash of Powers interview on BBC Swindon on Saturday.

FWIW I don't think there has been any bid for the club and I believe Power, I still don't think he has deliberately lied to Swindon fans that I can remember, even if Batch suggests the training ground being a lie, which I don't recall him misleading us? I could be wrong but I don't remember at all.

I think its somebody trying to stir up shit and Adver Towers have always recently had an anti Power/Club agenda so will pounce on anything that they think will stir up the shit for the club.

Maybe if the Adver wishes to publish more details then I will believe it, until then its as you were.

Power has never been a "forever" owner he has always said he will sell the club if a good offer comes in, he has never denied that and I think if there was a genuine offer then Power would not hide that fact.

Maybe I am being too trusting of Power or too naïve, only time will tell.

Either way though if Clem isn't involved and its a property developer then the signs don't sound that great to me.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Monday, September 23, 2019, 09:08:42 »

The Adver story is just a rehash of Powers interview on BBC Swindon on Saturday.
On this occasion, I think it's the other way round - it was the Adver's story on Saturday that prompted BBC Swindon to ask about the takeover in the interview
Peter Venkman

« Reply #68 on: Monday, September 23, 2019, 09:14:23 »

On this occasion, I think it's the other way round - it was the Adver's story on Saturday that prompted BBC Swindon to ask about the takeover in the interview
Yes the Adver wrote the original story which BBC Swindon questioned Power about on Saturday but this is the same answers that Power gave in his BBC interview. The Adver story is dated today.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Monday, September 23, 2019, 09:20:03 »

Yes the Adver wrote the original story which BBC Swindon questioned Power about on Saturday but this is the same answers that Power gave in his BBC interview. The Adver story is dated today.
Sorry, my bad, didn't see there was a "new" story, thought you were talking about the first one . I'll get me coat Smiley
Peter Venkman

« Reply #70 on: Monday, September 23, 2019, 09:21:46 »

Sorry, my bad, didn't see there was a "new" story, thought you were talking about the first one . I'll get me coat Smiley
Yeah todays Adver story is almost word for word what Power was interviewed about on Saturday.

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Monday, September 23, 2019, 09:30:36 »

Power has never been a "forever" owner he has always said he will sell the club if a good offer comes in, he has never denied that and I think if there was a genuine offer then Power would not hide that fact.

You make the club sound like a rescue dog seeking a home! 
Peter Venkman

« Reply #72 on: Monday, September 23, 2019, 09:31:57 »

You make the club sound like a rescue dog seeking a home! 
I think many fans see the club as that anyway!

Flashheart

« Reply #73 on: Monday, September 23, 2019, 09:48:01 »

even if Batch suggests the training ground being a lie, which I don't recall him misleading us?

I don't see how it can be branded a lie, not yet anyway. It is still ongoing. It might turn out to have been a lie but, at this point, we have no way of knowing.

As for everything else... When I first saw this I had no idea what is going on. I can now confirm that, after having had a think about it, I still have no idea what is going on.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #74 on: Monday, September 23, 2019, 09:53:46 »

I don't see how it can be branded a lie, not yet anyway. It is still ongoing. It might turn out to have been a lie but, at this point, we have no way of knowing.

As for everything else... When I first saw this I had no idea what is going on. I can now confirm that, after having had a think about it, I still have no idea what is going on.
Thats exactly how I feel about it all.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: