Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: US firm offer £7m to buy STFC  (Read 57180 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, September 21, 2019, 18:43:35 »

There were comments on Twitter from someone with close links to Clem who stated that Clem isn't involved and reading it in the adver was the first Clem had heard of it, which may explain why the club were so staunch to deny the legitimacy of the bid.
Not necessarily doubting you, but how do you know that that someone actually has close links to Clem? As opposed to some random on twitter claiming to?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, September 21, 2019, 18:49:09 »

Jim Little comes to mind.
Yup. And "foreign property developers with no previous interest in football" alarm bells ringing too. But there's so little detail other than waving a speculative figure around (based on what?) that it's impossible to know what to think of it. See what happens
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, September 21, 2019, 19:10:20 »

Haven't read up on this properly.  But the first thought that comes to mind is how on earth would anyone place a valuation of £7m on STFC?  £7m for what?  We're not profitable - or likely to be any time soon.  Assets are negligible.  This doesn't add up.
Flashheart

« Reply #33 on: Saturday, September 21, 2019, 19:22:34 »

But the first thought that comes to mind is how on earth would anyone place a valuation of £7m on STFC?  £7m for what? 

Lloyd Isgrove must be worth more than that alone Wink
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, September 21, 2019, 19:24:42 »

Lloyd Isgrove must be worth more than that alone Wink

Worth his weight in... GOLD, always believe.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, September 21, 2019, 19:41:18 »

Not necessarily doubting you, but how do you know that that someone actually has close links to Clem? As opposed to some random on twitter claiming to?
Jaybox, remember him? Clem gave him his number for some reason and seems to reply apparently. Has replied to him saying he's not involved apparently, just annoyed to first hear about it in the paper.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, September 21, 2019, 20:04:54 »

Haven't read up on this properly.  But the first thought that comes to mind is how on earth would anyone place a valuation of £7m on STFC?  £7m for what?  We're not profitable - or likely to be any time soon.  Assets are negligible.  This doesn't add up.

£7M is probably in line with the money Power has put in via loans plus any money due to Andrew Black if the club was sold on. Power has admitted that he has put in more money to cover losses in League 2.

I can't see Power walking away without at least getting his money back and would think with the ground deal and if Highworth gets planning the club is potentially worth more. This offer feels like a speculative one to see if Power is tempted and so far isn't.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Sunday, September 22, 2019, 07:20:08 »

Quote from: theakston2k
Jaybox, remember him? Clem gave him his number for some reason and seems to reply apparently. Has replied to him saying he's not involved apparently, just annoyed to first hear about it in the paper.

no reason to doubt that is what Clem told him.

So unless Clem is playing 'plausible deniability' (which I doubt), this is very much back into WTF territory
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Sunday, September 22, 2019, 08:40:56 »

Clem was in the crowd at Cambridge according to ‘jaybox’ on Twitter.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
phelpsieboy

« Reply #39 on: Sunday, September 22, 2019, 09:09:44 »

Clem was in the crowd at Cambridge according to ‘jaybox’ on Twitter.
You can see Clem there in one of the crowd shots the clubs Twitter page uploaded.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Sunday, September 22, 2019, 09:10:56 »

Imagine my shock horror of seeing a man who part owns club watching the team he part owns.

Must be a first!

All seriously though, this is all very random isnt it.

Jim Little all over imo
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Sunday, September 22, 2019, 09:20:16 »

I think the Lee Power vs. Clem Morfuni feud that's allegedly simmering away in the background is more of a potential concern.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Sunday, September 22, 2019, 09:36:43 »

All rumours isnt it?
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Sunday, September 22, 2019, 10:16:15 »

All rumours isnt it?

Yep. Hence, 'allegedly' and 'potential' but there's no smoke without fire and all that.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Sunday, September 22, 2019, 10:41:31 »

Sorry, but what does 'It's all a bit Jim Little' mean?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: