Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cambridge Utd v Swindon Town pre match chat and match day thread  (Read 42833 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Friday, September 20, 2019, 08:03:44 »

Sigh. Will be a tough game, but it's not a Tuesday, we are away from home, and I'm going out instead.

2-1 to town, back on track.

Att: 3,876 (645 away)
REDBUCK

« Reply #1 on: Friday, September 20, 2019, 08:23:55 »

Good test and a big pointer for the season in my opinion.

Couple of injuries, come back after heavy defeat, decisions for Wellens re selection and style of play.

I'm up for another win all but a narrow one

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, September 20, 2019, 08:46:10 »

As Knoyle said - a step up in class to go to a club like Cambridge and their 3K+ crowds so it will be difficult for us to get a result.

Yeah I'm still salty about it
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, September 20, 2019, 08:53:01 »

Good test and a big pointer for the season in my opinion.

Couple of injuries, come back after heavy defeat, decisions for Wellens re selection and style of play.

I'm up for another win all but a narrow one

Agree.

Cambridge look one of those sides better away than home so gives a bit of hope. However the wins back to back at Crewe and Mansfield were very impressive, and a win for them by 2 clear like Macc last week would take them above us, so in that sense a point not so bad.

THey do however have the ex Town player factor in Knoyle and Richards, although I'm not feeling Tuesday's inevitable Theo thing.
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, September 20, 2019, 09:26:02 »

As a number of us have said in other matchday threads, our style works better away than at home, not least because few teams will play 9 back for long periods as some do at the CG. After Tuesday it’s important we don’t lose again as we need to keep up with / close to the top 3.
On balance I think we will get something at Cambridge, but they have had two impressive results in the last week, so we may have to settle for a point. Looking at the bigger picture (rather than focussing on Tuesday) in May we could well regard that as a very good result. Nil-nil or 1-1 possibly.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, September 20, 2019, 09:30:46 »

90% of the time a point away from home is a decent result, same again tomorrow
Panda Paws

« Reply #6 on: Friday, September 20, 2019, 09:32:21 »

As Danny Rose pointed out, promotion winning sides don't lose back-to-back games. This is big.

I don't really know what to expect from them. On the one hand, on paper they're poor and the last two big away wins both came against 10 men. On the other hand, lose and they go level with us on points.

Fully expect a reaction to Saturday performance wise, but it might not be enough.

Team wise, expecting changes. I'd go:

Benda
Hunt Baudry Conroy Fryers
          Rose Grant
   Keshi    Doughty   Woolery
                 Doyle      

Bit risky, but not "droppping" Yates and Isgrove - more rotating and keeping people fresh. Expect them both to make an impact off the bench if we need them to.

Score draw, 750 town fans.
Flashheart

« Reply #7 on: Friday, September 20, 2019, 10:11:58 »

Will take a point.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, September 20, 2019, 10:18:18 »

I'd take a point, but I think we need at least that. Could do with 4 points out of this and Newport next week, neither of them exactly gimmes
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, September 20, 2019, 10:30:54 »

Draw. 1-1

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, September 20, 2019, 11:35:27 »

As Knoyle said - a step up in class to go to a club like Cambridge and their 3K+ crowds so it will be difficult for us to get a result.

Yeah I'm still salty about it
Knoyle or Rob Hunt. Fuck me, no contest there. Wellens knew what he was doing with that one.

McCormick retains his place according to Wellens - as he should.
Panda Paws

« Reply #11 on: Friday, September 20, 2019, 11:44:02 »

663 sold in advance. Good effort. At least 666 there now given we're paying on the day.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, September 20, 2019, 12:06:10 »

2-0, Scunthorpe style game.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, September 20, 2019, 12:17:37 »

I'd take a point, but I think we need at least that. Could do with 4 points out of this and Newport next week, neither of them exactly gimmes

Newport is on a Saturday,  it'll be fine.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
stfcjack

The Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, September 20, 2019, 12:31:03 »

663 sold in advance. Good effort. At least 666 there now given we're paying on the day.

670 now, 4 of us paying on the day. A very good effort! Could be looking at around 800 away supporters.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: