Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cambridge Utd v Swindon Town pre match chat and match day thread  (Read 43365 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, September 21, 2019, 09:01:37 »

Yep, soaking up the atmosphere.

And 4D, after managing to upset more than 6,000 people not once but twice, there's probably not much of a wish you were here sentiment in the home of Pink Floyd. Wink

Good shout re TPF  on a day like today I reckon Grantchester Meadows would have been worth a walk. Before taking in the the Syd Barrett blue plaque.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, September 21, 2019, 09:30:34 »

Good shout re TPF  on a day like today I reckon Grantchester Meadows would have been worth a walk. Before taking in the the Syd Barrett blue plaque.

Not a big fan myself Reg, although the music of choice whenever the bong was being passed around in student days was always Pink Floyd.

Will be cutting through Parker's Piece though, where the beautiful game was first played under the rules that would later be adopted by the FA.
Hopefully a few that go between the posts and under the string for us today.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #32 on: Saturday, September 21, 2019, 10:09:55 »

Cambridge have started quite well so far under Claderwood who yesterday signed a 2 year extention to his contract.

Knoyle and Richards will both have a point to prove against us.

They are playing us on the back of 2 great away results winning at Crewe 3-2 and then going to Mansfield and winning 4-0.

Looks like they have playmaker and ex Pox midfielder Carruthers out and there is an injury doubt with Knoyle.

Thier fans are very confident they can turn us over after their last 2 games.

Town are unbeaten in our last 4 visits there with a draw there last season preceeded with 3 wins before that, Cambridges last win there back in 1995. Swindon have won 4 and drawn 2 of the 10 meetings there between the sides.

Lets see how the players react to Tuesdays surprise home defeat, I think we will play as....

LMc
Hunt   Broadbent Conroy   Fryers
        Grant       Doughty   
Isgrove                          Anderson
                       Yates
             Doyle

Subs: Benda, Reid, Curran, May, Woolery, Iandolo, Rose

I have a feeling he will drop Rose and bring in Doughty but will stick with Broadbent if Baudry is not fit to play. He has already stated he wills tick with LMc and I don't want his to change the attacking options as they just almost entirely had an off day, all at the same time.

Get back to what we do best.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Saturday, September 21, 2019, 10:12:28 »

On my way to Cambridge. Will head to the Regal if you’d recommend...is it near the station?
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, September 21, 2019, 10:19:07 »

Lets see how the players react to Tuesdays surprise home defeat, I think we will play as....

LMc
Hunt   Broadbent Conroy   Fryers
        Grant       Doughty   
Isgrove                          Anderson
                       Yates
             Doyle

I have a feeling he will drop Rose and bring in Doughty but will stick with Broadbent if Baudry is not fit to play. He has already stated he wills tick with LMc and I don't want his to change the attacking options as they just almost entirely had an off day, all at the same time.

I'd be surprised if Broadbent plays.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, September 21, 2019, 10:20:22 »

On my way to Cambridge. Will head to the Regal if you’d recommend...is it near the station?

About a 15min walk from the station.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #36 on: Saturday, September 21, 2019, 10:21:08 »

I'd be surprised if Broadbent plays.
I think if Baudry is unfit then Wellens will give him one more go. Just a feeling I have, hes not one for a knee jerk reaction from what I have seen of him, even if Broadbent has under performed each time he has played this season.

Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Saturday, September 21, 2019, 10:24:28 »

I think if Baudry is unfit then Wellens will give him one more go. Just a feeling I have, hes not one for a knee jerk reaction from what I have seen of him, even if Broadbent has under performed each time he has played this season.

Can’t see it myself, I think Fryers will come in at CB.

McCormick
Hunt Conroy Fryers Iandolo
          Grant Doughty
Isgrove                  Anderson
         Yates
              Doyle
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 21, 2019, 10:27:35 by Quagmire » Logged
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Saturday, September 21, 2019, 10:31:00 »

LMc
Hunt   Broadbent Conroy   Fryers
        Grant       Doughty  
Isgrove                          Anderson
                       Yates
             Doyle

Broadbent needs to be taken out of the firing line.
So Fryers in and Iandolo stays at LB or Reid & Hunt at FB if RW wants to tinker.

The only thing in TB's favour is that Cambridge might not have the pace up front that Colchester had.
Although it says a lot when there is a concern over a CB being able to keep up with Richards.

Crap!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #39 on: Saturday, September 21, 2019, 10:40:38 »

I had wondered if Wellens thought Curran was ready to start but I have only seen him play for a total of about 50 mins so far so I haven't seen enough of him to make a judgement on him.

Either way it would seem Fryers is ready for a starting slot again whether at CB or LB.

There is no doubt that Broadbent needs to be managed carefully as something is not right with him, whatever that may be.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #40 on: Saturday, September 21, 2019, 11:07:11 »

I see we will be wearing the purple kit with the Darby Rimmer MND Foundation logo in memory of Fernando Ricksen today and to raise awareness of the illness.

newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Saturday, September 21, 2019, 11:58:09 »

Taking  my little boy today for the first time as it's a short journey  so hoping we win and put Tuesdays  game behind us 0-2 town Anderson and  hunt for us .coyr Clap
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Saturday, September 21, 2019, 12:07:38 »

Is there an away pub? Just walked past ‘The Wrestlers’ and it’s closed!

Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #43 on: Saturday, September 21, 2019, 12:25:06 »

We're a better team than we showed on Tuesday. I fully expect us to win today and then lose to Newport when I'll be there.

2-0 Cambridge.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Saturday, September 21, 2019, 12:35:42 »

I think he should stick with Broadbent if Baudry is out, starting a game is completely different to coming on as sub.  If he overlooks him for this one then you can pretty much write him off for the season and my opinion is we need a back up CB that is confident.  Overlooking him now will take any confidence he has left away.  He just needs a game that he can prepare right for (hopefully he has this week) get back to what he did when he came in and regain his confidence.

If it doesn't work today then fine, but I think you at least have to give him a full game to play himself back into fight for first team shirts.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: