Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Emiliano Sala  (Read 27306 times)
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Tuesday, March 26, 2019, 12:30:42 »

It's a tough situation. If the insurance won't pay out because contracts were legally incomplete should Cardiff just write off £15 million plus out of sympathy for a tragic death? It's a horrible corner to be put in but you can see why this is happening. If proved the paperwork was all complete then they have to pay.

The question over who pays what was always going to happen in the aftermath. I'm not surprised or outraged by this in my opinion it was expected. You can't say that because they are challenging the player and the grief they had at the time doesn't exist.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Tuesday, March 26, 2019, 12:32:04 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47696561

On account of nothing really I have always thought that Cardiff were a pretty objectionable club and this is doing nothing to change this view.

The fact that all of this is leaking out of a 'Cardiff source' much as with McKay giving interviews does suggest that something is very smelly about the whole deal.

« Last Edit: Tuesday, March 26, 2019, 12:33:48 by horlock07 » Logged
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Tuesday, March 26, 2019, 13:15:14 »

If the first instalment is already due (at least on the face of it), then Nantes will naturally be invoicing it and following it up like any other 5 m. euro debt.  Even more vigorously if they fear Cardiff will be looking for loopholes.

My expectation would be that no payment by Cardiff City will be made for months -just possibly even for years or at all.  The completely unexpected nature of the tragic circumstances will inevitably lead to an extremely contentious and protracted legal "pass the parcel" situation between numerous parties.

True 7 weeks ago and true now.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Tuesday, March 26, 2019, 20:26:33 »

Putting the legal and moral aspects to one side, this seems very short-sighted by Cardiff.

They will want to buy again at some point, there will of course be clubs willing to take their money but Cardiff may have made it difficult for themselves here.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Tuesday, March 26, 2019, 21:10:44 »

Putting the legal and moral aspects to one side, this seems very short-sighted by Cardiff.

They will want to buy again at some point, there will of course be clubs willing to take their money but Cardiff may have made it difficult for themselves here.

I don't see how. Will a club or player think twice about signing in case the player dies and they won't get paid? Contracts are huge, they cover every eventuality and some. What is the point in having a contract otherwise? There must be a part of it that Cardiff feel hasn't been completed. They can't just pay that much money out of sentiment. It's the horrible side to a tragedy that needs to get sorted and may not feel comfortable with many people
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Monday, September 30, 2019, 15:45:29 »

Cardiff been ordered to cough up the first installment at least....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49825166
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Wednesday, October 2, 2019, 08:17:43 »

Now ‘disappointed’ Cardiff say they are going to appeal it.

Couldnt make it up
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Wednesday, October 2, 2019, 15:04:48 »

Couldnt make it up

You could, it was fairly predictable.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Wednesday, October 2, 2019, 15:52:34 »

Now ‘disappointed’ Cardiff say they are going to appeal it.

Couldnt make it up

I thought they would "remember their beautiful bluebird forevermore"

I come from a land down-under
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: