Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Colchester pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 53570 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, September 16, 2019, 10:51:59 »

Somehow it feels like we've had a lot of problems with them at the CG of late, not withstanding last season, which was easy enough. Were those 4 wins all relatively recent?

2012, 2015 and 2017 for 3 of them.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #16 on: Monday, September 16, 2019, 11:04:19 »

They have Nouble, Robinson and Norris. So we will need to score at least 4 to win the game.
On their forum the fans are bemoaning the total lack of goals from the strikers, Theo has not scored in the league yet for them and Norris and Nouble have only 4 goals so far between them from open play.

They have been playing a passing game but not getting much possession in games so far, they are not a massive side either so dont rely so much on set peices.

They have the 2nd worst scoring record in the division with only Walsall having scored less.

In several games so far they have been over ran in midfield, Col fans saying they are too slow in build up and lacking ideas around the box and lacking the final ball to cause problems.

They break with a bit of pace but lack a plan when they get closer to goal, also they have had several defensive erros that have cost them, on Saturday at FGR it happened again and cost them a point which they set their stall out for.

The question is would you change the team to bring back Doughty? I personally wouldn't change it and would start with the same team and put Doughty on the bench.

LMc
Hunt   Baudry Conroy   Iandolo
        Grant       Rose   
Isgrove                    Anderson
                       Yates
             Doyle

Subs: Benda, Fryers, Broadbent, May, Woolery, Twine, Doughty.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #17 on: Monday, September 16, 2019, 11:06:44 »

Somehow it feels like we've had a lot of problems with them at the CG of late, not withstanding last season, which was easy enough. Were those 4 wins all relatively recent?
Sorry I missed one, its 5 in the last 21 games, 2017, 2015, 2012, 2008, 2005 and 1980.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, September 16, 2019, 11:07:48 »

On their forum the fans are bemoaning the total lack of goals from the strikers, Theo has not scored in the league yet for them and Norris and Nouble have only 4 goals so far between them from open play.

They have been playing a passing game but not getting much possession in games so far, they are not a massive side either so dont rely so much on set peices.

They have the 2nd worst scoring record in the division with only Walsall having scored less.

In several games so far they have been over ran in midfield, Col fans saying they are too slow in build up and lacking ideas around the box and lacking the final ball to cause problems.

They break with a bit of pace but lack a plan when they get closer to goal, also they have had several defensive erros that have cost them, on Saturday at FGR it happened again and cost them a point which they set their stall out for.

The question is would you change the team to bring back Doughty? I personally wouldn't change it and would start with the same team and put Doughty on the bench.

LMc
Hunt   Baudry Conroy   Iandolo
        Grant       Rose   
Isgrove                    Anderson
                       Yates
             Doyle

Subs: Benda, Fryers, Broadbent, May, Woolery, Twine, Doughty.

The only reason for including MD is that Grant might not be up to speed yet for Sat/Tues.  Pos the same applying to Rose
Peter Venkman

« Reply #19 on: Monday, September 16, 2019, 11:08:02 »

What a depressing prediction JJ  Wink...although I have to say, well though we've been playing I'll be more than happy with a scrappy 1-0...
There might be a wee bit of superstition in my predictions Wink

Peter Venkman

« Reply #20 on: Monday, September 16, 2019, 11:09:28 »

The only reason for including MD is that Grant might not be up to speed yet for Sat/Tues.  Pos the same applying to Rose
Grant did flag a bit as the game went on, Rose I thought looked pretty fit to the 90th minute TBH.

I personally wouldn't change a winning team just to accomodate Doughty, but hes a great option to come off the bench.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, September 16, 2019, 11:13:31 »

So, we’ve decided that Doughty needs to wait his turn with Rose playing well.

What about when Lyden is fit again? Now that’s a hard one - Lyden, Grant?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, September 16, 2019, 11:15:17 »

Grant did flag a bit as the game went on, Rose I thought looked pretty fit to the 90th minute TBH.

I personally wouldn't change a winning team just to accomodate Doughty, but hes a great option to come off the bench.
Didn't Doughty himself say in commentary that he'd be astonished if he went straight back into the starting line up?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #23 on: Monday, September 16, 2019, 11:16:01 »

So, we’ve decided that Doughty needs to wait his turn with Rose playing well.

What about when Lyden is fit again? Now that’s a hard one - Lyden, Grant?
I really like Lyden, I think he looks classy but for me Grant has much more composure and is a better tackler than Lyden, its great to have options though.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #24 on: Monday, September 16, 2019, 11:16:37 »

Didn't Doughty himself say in commentary that he'd be astonished if he went straight back into the starting line up?
He did but he also said it in quite a jokey way.

Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, September 16, 2019, 11:17:36 »

As far as I can tell, we haven't won both Saturday & Tuesday home games in the league since 2010.

No time like the present.

Should be a good test against a team that would have been targeting top 7 this season.
We looked better than them in the cup game, up until the red cards.

Sitting back and hoping for the best might not be the best game plan for them.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, September 16, 2019, 11:18:10 »

Can see Grant picking up a red somewhere along the line. He’s a fearsome looking fucker, too.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, September 16, 2019, 11:20:41 »

As far as I can tell, we haven't won both Saturday & Tuesday home games in the league since 2010.

No time like the present.

You're not allowed to point to facts like that on here WB.... 
Peter Venkman

« Reply #28 on: Monday, September 16, 2019, 11:22:25 »

Can see Grant picking up a red somewhere along the line. He’s a fearsome looking fucker, too.
He knows all the tricks in the books, he has a pretty poor disciplinary record with red cards in the past with Southend, Peterborough and Port Vale all fining him heavily for "stupid" sendings off.

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, September 16, 2019, 11:22:57 »

There might be a wee bit of superstition in my predictions Wink
Understood Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: