Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Macclesfield pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 48126 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Sunday, September 15, 2019, 10:39:03 »

He may not want to go if he is doing well.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Sunday, September 15, 2019, 10:45:33 »

Reading on the Bradford dorum they seem to think they DO have a recall option on him, they said an interview on Radio Leeds confirmed we are not paying all of his wages and that they think they should recall him and sit him on their bench out of spite.

I guess we will only know for certain if Wellens or Power states it in an interview, which so far they haven't.
Power said yesterday that all season long loans had to be 'reviewed' in January but they were hopeful it would not be an issue or something like that - pretty vague really. It's easy for Bradford fans to say they should 'just recall' him but it's going to cost them money to do that. Money which presumably they don't have which is why they loaned him out in the first place. In an ideal world Mr Morfuni sticks his hand in his pocket and we buy him - easy for me to say of course.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #317 on: Sunday, September 15, 2019, 10:46:20 »

He may not want to go if he is doing well.
That is the thing, if they have a recall option and recall him does he have to go back even if he wants to stay?

All pretty much irrellevant if there is no clause though.

At minimum he will not be available to play against Bradford for us.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Sunday, September 15, 2019, 10:49:47 »

Taking nothing away from team or individual performances today, let's just give a little nod toward Richy and Noel and the management team for knitting together a so far brilliant squad.
I think a 'little nod' is understating it rather. It's totally down to Wellens that we are where we are - and to Power of course for employing him and giving him free reign whilst supporting him at key times (i.e. the Doyle signing)
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Sunday, September 15, 2019, 10:50:53 »

That is the thing, if they have a recall option and recall him does he have to go back even if he wants to stay?

All pretty much irrellevant if there is no clause though.

At minimum he will not be available to play against Bradford for us.

Believe. We are going up and Power will find the money to facilitate that in January.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #320 on: Sunday, September 15, 2019, 10:53:52 »

Believe. We are going up and Power will find the money to facilitate that in January.
I would be very happy with both of those scenarios, he really is that 20 goal striker have needed. No not setting Reg off again! but to have scored 7 in his first 6 games is pretty amazing and bodes well for a high scoring season ahead.

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Sunday, September 15, 2019, 11:05:12 »

Pretty sure Wellens confirmed that in the week.

Are you sure??  This says otherwise

Things get better but they never get good
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Sunday, September 15, 2019, 12:24:01 »

well played
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Sunday, September 15, 2019, 13:17:58 »

I would be very happy with both of those scenarios, he really is that 20 goal striker have needed.
If he keeps his current scoring record going, he is that 50 goal a season striker we have been looking for Smiley
Peter Venkman

« Reply #324 on: Sunday, September 15, 2019, 13:44:05 »

If he keeps his current scoring record going, he is that 50 goal a season striker we have been looking for Smiley
Harry Morris with 47 back in the 1926-27 season is the target then Wink

Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Sunday, September 15, 2019, 13:50:42 »

I would be very happy with both of those scenarios, he really is that 20 goal striker have needed. No not setting Reg off again! but to have scored 7 in his first 6 games is pretty amazing and bodes well for a high scoring season ahead.

To go up my guess is a team needs to average roughly two goals per game? However last seasons top three averaged 75 which is 1.63 per game with second place Bury scoring 82. You are asking an awful lot of a team without two 20 + goal strikers to all chip in to get enough week in week out to get to 75 yet alone 82. That’s 6.25 per player, again assuming your first 11 play all 46 uninterrupted. Goalie isn’t going to chip in and your back four next to nothing. Style of play is a factor but Man City or Liverpool we are not. As for old man Steptoe he is blocked so you or anyone can upset him as much as you like. Says something about the manager for persisting in getting both Doyle and Yates in. Stay fit, don’t get suspended and those two will on their own get us in the play offs. The others have a role of course as we have seen so far. I’d take no notice of the fans forum of other teams. Ask Wellens directly. In his new warm and cosy, engaging open door policy he’s likely to give you the answer directly. Tickets bought for Tuesday which in my mind is our first real test of our tactics and mental capacity to over come a team who has beaten us in anger, handsomely so too. Yeah the sending off was a bummer but the three goals is the stat at the end of the day. Muller these and that is another gauntlet thrown down for the others to pick up.
« Last Edit: Sunday, September 15, 2019, 13:53:16 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Sunday, September 15, 2019, 14:19:14 »

You are asking an awful lot of a team without two 20 + goal strikers to all chip in to get enough week in week out to get to 75 yet alone 82.

3% of sides gaining auto in the FL in the years of the 2010's, have had 2 20+ men. That's 2 out of 63. 34% have had 1.

What we can say is that Doyle will dry up at some stage and so we'll need to find some goals from other sources.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Sunday, September 15, 2019, 14:24:45 »

Any particular reason Doyle’s goals will dry up? Or is it just an historical ‘they always do’ kinda thing?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #328 on: Sunday, September 15, 2019, 14:34:40 »

Any particular reason Doyle’s goals will dry up? Or is it just an historical ‘they always do’ kinda thing?
Because its far easier to be negative than positive.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Sunday, September 15, 2019, 14:38:59 »

Over the past 4 seasons it seems getting 70 goals has been necessary to claim an auto spot, and going back a few more years at least 60 is needed with most having 70+.

In 2012, while nobody hit 20, we had 40 goals from strikers.

Reg will no doubt raise the Sturrock season, which on the face of it is an anomaly - getting up with 58 goals is certainly a statistical freak.  In fact, Bristol Rovers won the play offs that season having got into them by scoring only 49 goals!  So, who gets them may not be AS important, but getting them is.  17 in 8 games is pretty good going.

For some balance, defensive solidity does not seem as important.  Plenty of teams go up conceding more than a goal a game.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: