Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Macclesfield pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 48131 times)
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Saturday, September 14, 2019, 21:37:33 »

Saw him at the station again on his scooter.

Never knowingly overstated.
Panda Paws

« Reply #301 on: Saturday, September 14, 2019, 21:56:53 »

Only injuries and the gaffer leaving will stop us this season. I'm expecting us to win the league to be honest.

So are the bookies!
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Sunday, September 15, 2019, 00:54:03 »

Another promising win and we looked very good in attack and strong in defence. Grant looks a very good signing - I don’t know what the answer is when all 4 central midfielders are available, but it’s a great conundrum to be in

Would just temper some of the over exuberance by saying that I wouldn’t expect any of the teams we’ve beaten so far to be bothering the top half (although even that’s an improvement on the last 2 years)

Things get better but they never get good
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Sunday, September 15, 2019, 01:30:22 »

Good day.

Great game.

Outstanding third goal.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Sunday, September 15, 2019, 02:19:57 »

Got to say I was surprised at the official attendance - 7,055. Watching on iFollow, the Arkells looked much more populated than usual and I presume the DRS was fairly full as usual.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Sunday, September 15, 2019, 07:25:08 »

Another promising win and we looked very good in attack and strong in defence. Grant looks a very good signing - I don’t know what the answer is when all 4 central midfielders are available, but it’s a great conundrum to be in

Would just temper some of the over exuberance by saying that I wouldn’t expect any of the teams we’ve beaten so far to be bothering the top half (although even that’s an improvement on the last 2 years)

Which is how it should be for a team to challenge for auto’s.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Sunday, September 15, 2019, 07:55:06 »

Got to say I was surprised at the official attendance - 7,055. Watching on iFollow, the Arkells looked much more populated than usual and I presume the DRS was fairly full as usual.

It was my first game this season, so can't compare to recent games.  But only half (approx) of the blocks in the Arkells Stand were open at all to our fans.  And the Town End was only half full at best.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Sunday, September 15, 2019, 08:16:03 »

It was my first game this season, so can't compare to recent games.  But only half (approx) of the blocks in the Arkells Stand were open at all to our fans.  And the Town End was only half full at best.

With only just over a hundred away supporters it’s not surprising the attendance looked at odds with the official figures announced and has been mentioned the Arkells stand is now condensed to look more packed for the cameras and stewarding no doubt.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Sunday, September 15, 2019, 09:00:21 »

Spandau Ballet had some pretty decent songs to be fair. Gold was without doubt the best.
Saw them live at Wembley many years ago,  absolutely superb - pretty much like towns performance yesterday,  couldn't fault it. Think the buzz has finally returned,  the applause Isgrove received when substituted sent a tingle down the spine, don't think a Swindon player has received that sort of ovation for years,  long may it continue.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Sunday, September 15, 2019, 09:10:45 »

Goal of the weekend across the UK sureley
Agreed,  certainly picked out on EFL by the pundits on Quest last night.

swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Sunday, September 15, 2019, 09:19:34 »

According to Radio Leeds Doyle cannot be recalled in January.
Pretty sure Wellens confirmed that in the week.

smalltowngypsymassacre

« Reply #311 on: Sunday, September 15, 2019, 09:53:36 »

I must have watched our third goal 20 times since the highlights went up, what a beauty. Some real quality in both of the other strikes too
smalltowngypsymassacre

« Reply #312 on: Sunday, September 15, 2019, 10:07:41 »

I’m quietly confident that Doyle will be our player eventually. I read the Bradford forums before he signed and they weren’t sorry to see him go in the slightest. Whether he is just comfortable here or our style of play suits him, he’s clearly an asset here in a way he’s not up north. My guess is it’ll come down to whether we can afford him as opposed to a desire for them to sell
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #313 on: Sunday, September 15, 2019, 10:07:46 »

Pretty sure Wellens confirmed that in the week.
Reading on the Bradford dorum they seem to think they DO have a recall option on him, they said an interview on Radio Leeds confirmed we are not paying all of his wages and that they think they should recall him and sit him on their bench out of spite.

I guess we will only know for certain if Wellens or Power states it in an interview, which so far they haven't.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Sunday, September 15, 2019, 10:16:10 »

If he leaves we'll just go and get Danny Hylton  Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: