Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Real Deal or Hothouse Flowers?  (Read 5123 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« on: Sunday, September 8, 2019, 15:18:15 »

I know it’s only been a handful of games but the impression many have is that we have a great chance of promotion this season.

So what can derail the STFC bandwagon? Personally, I can’t see the players’ form tailing off - individuals maybe, but as a whole, no.

We’ve played the current top of the league and looked well ahead of them and really should have beaten them with ease.

We’ve been without Yates for 3 games without causing too many problems, currently Doughty is 2 from 3 missing games - again without disrupting our stylish play. Lyden came off injured - arguably one of the best players so far - and Grant stepped in looking very good.

If this squad doesn’t make the autos my cock’s a kipper!
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, September 8, 2019, 15:25:04 »

Funny. I was watching TOTP (1987ish) and the Hothouse Flowers were on with what seemed to be huge levels of hype and they'd never been on my radar.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, September 8, 2019, 15:26:27 »

Don't Go was a hit, and, er..
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, September 8, 2019, 15:38:14 »

Saw Hot House Flowers at a festival 3 or 4 years ago.  60 minute set included a 20 minute version of Don't Go...

...that aside I think we are starting to look like the real deal.

No one kills a thread like me....
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, September 8, 2019, 16:17:59 »

So real i'm fake tanning myself and buying a shit suit
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, September 8, 2019, 20:04:11 »

If this squad doesn’t make the autos my cock’s a kipper.

History has shown that Audrey’s got the judgment of a crack whore. I really hope we’re not witnessing the birth of his new forum moniker.  Angry

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, September 8, 2019, 20:11:10 »

So far so good.

I think the only concern I can come up with is the fact neither of our in form strikers are ours.
I don’t know what clauses are in each loan deal but it’s always a gamble to rely heavily on loan players.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, September 8, 2019, 20:25:27 »

Real deal, for now. Now this may seem to be a case of chickens and eggs but I am already wondering what comes next season assuming we go up? Clearly money has and will continue to be an issue but next year in Div 1 we are going to need considerably more than we currently have available. If gates do not increase much beyond what they are currently are we going to be able to attract players from the championship down to L1?
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, September 8, 2019, 21:57:34 »

I’m excited. This is a season I want to get onboard for, having been a bit of a part timer for the past two. I don’t expect Wellens to be here for long - I think he’s that good and a long way from his family - we just need to bag a promotion (or two) whilst he is here.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, September 8, 2019, 22:25:44 »

I'm optimistic, that's all the positivity you'll get out of me
REDBUCK

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, September 8, 2019, 22:29:50 »

Woah, calm down ladies we are only seven games in

Averaging just under 2pts a game and a place in F A Cup by Early December and I'm aboard the happy wagon.

Plenty of time for injurys, suspensions and loss of form.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, September 9, 2019, 09:18:53 »

The problem with our fans is that we are a defeat away from a meltdown. We had fans booing because we passed the ball backwards when 3-1 up at home against Morecambe so do not underestimate how quickly the fanbase will turn on them!

But overall the signs are encouraging. I felt a big shift in optimism with Wellens last year as you could see what he was trying to do. Barring a number of suspensions and injuries, the League Two title looks up for grabs with this team.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, September 9, 2019, 09:21:48 »

I’d love us to play against a decent Championship side, but getting through 2 FA Cup rounds is surely asking too much!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #13 on: Monday, September 9, 2019, 09:22:39 »

I’d love us to play against a decent Championship side, but getting through 2 FA Cup rounds is surely asking too much!
I think we would probably out pass them and outplay them and lose to 2 sloppy defensive mistakes.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
REDBUCK

« Reply #14 on: Monday, September 9, 2019, 09:49:29 »

Not losing to a non league team and to compete against a top league one team would be signs of progress
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: