Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leyton Orient v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 53293 times)
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, September 5, 2019, 12:06:34 »

Twitter suggests we have sold out. Is this genuine or will there be extras on the gate, does anyone know? Am London based and had intended to turn up on the day.

OS said was all ticket for away fans after we recieved the last lot if 250 tickets and yes all sold out now for away fans
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, September 5, 2019, 12:44:57 »

I can remember going to Brisbane Road long before a lot of you were even thought of and smashing them, I think it was Keith East who got four goals, the week after he had scored a hatfull in an FA Cup encounter at the CG.  I think we will win on Saturday, I was too late to get a ticket!!
Panda Paws

« Reply #17 on: Thursday, September 5, 2019, 12:46:39 »

Looking forward to this since the fixtures came out - 8 minutes on the tube for me, in the Leyton Technical for midday and then a few scoops after. Lovely.

We'll win.

One thing with the tickets - it's sold out and all ticket, but unreserved seating, so potential for carnage.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, September 5, 2019, 12:50:09 »

I can remember going to Brisbane Road long before a lot of you were even thought of and smashing them, I think it was Keith East who got four goals, the week after he had scored a hatfull in an FA Cup encounter at the CG.  I think we will win on Saturday, I was too late to get a ticket!!
We have never smashed them there, could be your memory mate, we won there 3-0 in 64 when Dennis brown scored a hattrick though. 1 of only 8 wins for Town at Orient in 39 games.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, September 5, 2019, 13:01:20 »

I can remember going to Brisbane Road long before a lot of you were even thought of and smashing them, I think it was Keith East who got four goals, the week after he had scored a hatfull in an FA Cup encounter at the CG.  I think we will win on Saturday, I was too late to get a ticket!!

East scored 5 at home to Mansfield in Nov 1965 (league game)   Wink
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, September 5, 2019, 13:46:34 »

Both teams seem to have shaky defences so I'm gonna go for a 2-2 or a 3-2 either way. They seem to like to play one way so perhaps our counter attacking may be more effective.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, September 5, 2019, 14:00:07 »

AS PV says Dennis (Bullets) Brown once scored a hat-trick at Brisbane Road, but I did once see him score 4 at Dean Court. Bullets was one of those unusual players who scored more on the road than at the CG.

I did once work out the ratios of away to home goals for players who've scored 30+ league goals, but have long since lost the notes.... might be worth upgrading if I can be bothered.
Family at War

Midfield Maestro

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, September 5, 2019, 14:01:03 »

Can remember Brisbane Road in 67 when we played there they were filming scenes for a Stanley Baker film called Robbery
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, September 5, 2019, 14:32:04 »

4-1 to us, a counter attacking display of brilliance, picking them off with ease, could have scored seven on a better day.
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, September 5, 2019, 17:53:25 »

Can remember Brisbane Road in 67 when we played there they were filming scenes for a Stanley Baker film called Robbery
Hammered them at home when they were filming 6days to Saturday.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, September 5, 2019, 18:22:46 »

3 - 3

Nothing to see here
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, September 5, 2019, 19:12:52 »

We have never smashed them there, could be your memory mate, we won there 3-0 in 64 when Dennis brown scored a hattrick though. 1 of only 8 wins for Town at Orient in 39 games.
Must be my memory then, getting too old for all this mullarkey!!  I would call that a smash though!  Whilst on the subject who scored all the goals when we beat QPR around the same time, give or take a season or two, also I seem to remember beating Merthr at home in the cup and somebody bagged a few?
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, September 5, 2019, 21:22:42 »

I remember the result and attending the game against M T 5.1 and I think it was Keith East scoring 4 goals that day
COYMRs
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, September 5, 2019, 21:32:52 »

And this will be my last game for a  long while as I will be returning back to the home of the All Blacks
Suggest a 3.1 win with Doyle Yeates and Anderson netting making my trip a fantastic feel good feeling for the future for the Town
 COYMRs 😎
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, September 6, 2019, 07:41:51 »

Very much looking forward to this. 4 of us making the journey by car via the M4 and North Circular. Should be a great atmosphere and like most am expecting goals, so will probably end 0-0! Thinking Wellens may revert to Doyle as sole striker to suit our counter attacking style with Woolery and Isgrove out wide and Anderson playing in the number 10 role. Expect Fryers to start at LB and Hunt at RB to deal with Brophy. Bench will be much stronger probably comprising Benda, Reid, Broadbent, Grant, May, Yates and Twine. With DJ and Doughty back soon, the squad is looking pretty strong. 3-1 win, Anderson, Baudry and Yates, attendance 6743 with 1450 from Swindon ( that includes 100 in home end!). Any good recommendations for pre match boozers from fellow townenders?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: