Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leyton Orient v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 53291 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Thursday, September 5, 2019, 10:11:00 »

Getting away from shitty politics chat, here's a chance to discuss something more interesting, with the chance of a result  Smiley

The orient league home form table sees them 16th in the league, our away form is 7th.

I think we'll concede but can see a 2-1 away win.

Att: 6,231 (1,247 away)
Flashheart

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, September 5, 2019, 10:12:02 »

Will take a point
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, September 5, 2019, 10:21:46 »

Off on my jollies Saturday so missing my local game.

Suspect it'll be a brilliant away day and we'll win 3-1

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, September 5, 2019, 10:26:11 »

Orient sit in 15th place to our 5th on 8 point with a run of results of WLDWLD scoring 7 and conceding 9 so far.

Top scorers so far are Lee Angol and Josh Wright both on 2 goals apeice.

Town have only won at Orient once in the last 5 visits, which was the last game there played in 2014 when Smith and Byrne scored in a 2-1 win.

We have only won there 4 times since 1950, a run of 25 games with Orient winning 12 of them and 9 draws. Swindon scoring just 16 times to Orients 28 goals.

In the last 12 games since 1970 the run has been WLDLDWLDDLDL with our goal totals in those games 200002111000.

Not a happy hunting ground for Swindon...so far.

Swindon will be cheered on by their largest following at Brisbane road for many years having sold around 1,350 tickets so far. our previous highest reported following there was 1,220 in our last meeting there in 2014.

Although I remember us having around 1,700 there in a total attendance of 3,120 back in 1985 in our Championship winning season under Macari.

In the Orient team they have Brophy who used to play for us and off the pitch they have Martin Ling and Ross Embleton on the coaching staff with a Swindon connection.

In the Swindon side we have Mathieu Baudry who played for them 128 times.

Town have sold around 1,350 tickets and Orient have a kid a quid on the gate and excluding their first game of the season when they had 6k+ their home average attendance has been 5k almost exactly with Crawley and Stevenage only travelling to them with a couple of hundred fans.

2-1 defeat with Doyle scoring in front of 6,255 with 1,347 Robins there.

Disappointingly I may only be able to watch the first half tomorrow so 2nd half updates from myself will be unavailable.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, September 5, 2019, 10:32:58 »

That 1700 following one, we were in the (then) open end behind the goal. I can remember a cup game i think, late 80's early 90's when we had a fair few there. I think it finished 1-1. Which incidentally is what it will be Saturday I reckon.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, September 5, 2019, 10:34:06 »

"We can see you washing up". Also think we'll concede but think we'll have too much for them, second 3-1 win on the spin
Peter Venkman

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, September 5, 2019, 10:40:30 »

That 1700 following one, we were in the (then) open end behind the goal. I can remember a cup game i think, late 80's early 90's when we had a fair few there. I think it finished 1-1. Which incidentally is what it will be Saturday I reckon.
Yeah I remember the game in 85 well, we outplayed them all game and they scored a flukey goal to beat us 1-0 it was a very cold open terrace like the Stratton Bank. A few weeks before Christmas.

The "we can see you washing up" has to be one of the best songs sung by Town fans, even made Sozzer AM that week (when it was a popular programme).
« Last Edit: Thursday, September 5, 2019, 10:44:26 by Peter Venkman » Logged

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, September 5, 2019, 10:41:02 »

Crowd should be decent - no Premier League games on and a very healthy away following.

All to witness a 3-1 Town win - the first of 5 consecutive wins in September!
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, September 5, 2019, 10:42:02 »

Twitter suggests we have sold out. Is this genuine or will there be extras on the gate, does anyone know? Am London based and had intended to turn up on the day.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, September 5, 2019, 10:44:09 »

Twitter suggests we have sold out. Is this genuine or will there be extras on the gate, does anyone know? Am London based and had intended to turn up on the day.
Genuine, it's on the club's social media. Home end for you, doubt that will sell out Smiley
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, September 5, 2019, 10:44:15 »

Yeah I remember the game in 85 well, we outplayed them all game and they scored a flukey goal to beat us 1-0 it was a very cold open terrace like the Stratton Bank. A few weeks before Christmas.

The "we can see you washing up" has to be one of the best songs sung by Town fans, even made Sozzer AM that week (when it was a popular programme).
My recent favourite - nothing to do with us - was someone playing FGR earlier this season. One of their players went down, face first, to be serenaded by

‘He’s eating our grass
He’s eating our graaaass
You vegan bastard
You’re eating our grass’
Peter Venkman

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, September 5, 2019, 10:48:32 »

The away stand has a capacity for visiting fans of just 1,459 with seven disabled supporters and their helpers.

reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, September 5, 2019, 11:51:13 »

Great to see us selling out away ends again. Certainly indicative of the change in mood going into this season. A winnable game but we do need to sort things out at the back if we're to avoid dropping points again.
Waffle

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, September 5, 2019, 11:56:00 »

Annoyingly I now live across the river from Orient but heading back to the west to see family. Had to be this damn weekend I have to go back. Ah well guess I will follow on the drive back home.

6236 home fans with 1342 away to watch a 1-2 victory with Yates and Anderson getting goals.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, September 5, 2019, 12:05:05 »

My recent favourite - nothing to do with us - was someone playing FGR earlier this season. One of their players went down, face first, to be serenaded by

‘He’s eating our grass
He’s eating our graaaass
You vegan bastard
You’re eating our grass’

Walsall I believe
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: