Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Morecambe pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 40070 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Saturday, August 31, 2019, 19:37:05 »

Second half, yes, but first half we were electric

See, this is what makes football so great. I wouldn’t say electric, lively yes most certainly. I thought both Carlisle and Northampton we were electric for large parts of both games though we did fade away for parts during those games like the second half today. What pleases me is we are still gelling and will get better plus there are more players to come in before Monday PM. And then the Jan window to dabble if we need too.
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 31, 2019, 22:01:05 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Sunday, September 1, 2019, 06:44:41 »

They didn't.

They did, Fankaty Dabo with 2 own goals in the 85 and 94 minute.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Sunday, September 1, 2019, 07:10:29 »

They did, Fankaty Dabo with 2 own goals in the 85 and 94 minute.

There’s so much wrong with this post I’m not sure where to begin...

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Sunday, September 1, 2019, 07:30:57 »

See, this is what makes football so great.
Indeed
What pleases me is we are still gelling and will get better plus there are more players to come in before Monday PM. And then the Jan window to dabble if we need too.
+1
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Sunday, September 1, 2019, 08:18:51 »

Highlights are up

Nothing of the second half  No
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Sunday, September 1, 2019, 08:36:55 »

Fankaty Dabo with 2 own goals in the 85 and 94 minute.

They are two corking own goals too - striker’s finishes
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Sunday, September 1, 2019, 09:54:04 »

What a transformation in Keshi Anderson's performances since being transfer listed. Involved in 2 goals yesterday and certainly seems to be more focused on end product rather than just running in to trouble. His movement in combining midfield and attack is very impressive and opposition defenders really struggle to cope with his pace, control and direct runs. He was our best player in the first half yesterday and although like the whole team his performance was much less dynamic in the second half, he was my motm. He is an automatic pick now so well done to both Wellens and in particular Anderson for the change.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #262 on: Sunday, September 1, 2019, 09:59:51 »

Anderson has been our best player this season, when he hasn't played we struggled to create chances.

It could be a master stroke by Wellens to shock him into performing(which it has so far), or Wellens may really want rid of him, we will see in the next day or so.

I would keep him for sure, hes playing now like we all hoped he would after the glimpses he has shown in the past.

Maybe Woolery needs similar treatment to get the best out of him?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Sunday, September 1, 2019, 10:35:45 »

Enjoyed the game.  Some nice football in first half.

Consensus on here seems to be that we were never in any danger of losing that game. That's true from 20 mins & 3-1 onwards but after gifting them an equaliser we gifted them another great opportunity which luckily they didn't take.  If they had then game might have taken a less comfortable course.

Agree that taking foot off gas in 2nd half, controlling game and taking no chances made sense.

It's a long season.  3 points, no injuries and no bookings makes a good day.

NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Sunday, September 1, 2019, 11:03:31 »

To be a bit underwhelmed after what was a comfortable 3-1 win is much better than the times over the last couple of seasons when we have been the better side but have drawn or lost by the odd goal.
Yes, Morecombe were more forward looking than many teams, to an extent the fact that they went behind after 5 minutes then conceded 2 more within 5 minutes of having brought it back to 1-1 did somewhat force them to do so.
Positives for me (at risk of restarting the Groundhog Day debate) - both strikers on the scoresheet. Once we decided to protect the lead the defence was largely comfortable, apart from a couple of individual mistakes - the fluffed clearance from a corner just before half time, LMc missing a cross which hit their number 5 about a foot from the far post and rebounded to safety - we kept them at arms length. They looked most dangerous when they pressed our defenders in possession and turned over leaving them 3 on 2 (their goal the obvious example, there were a couple of others, the main one being when LMc saved after Conroy caught in possession with score at 1-1). They had only 2 shots on target so defence largely did its job.
In the first half hour we looked as though we could score at will - their defence was poor. Once we decided to sit tighter second half we inevitably created less.
A couple of players not quite up to speed yet - Rose (understandable as his preseason was disrupted by injury), Iandolo (at times he and Hunt were like wing backs with Rose dropping back). I am also not convinced about May - each time I’ve seen him he seems to be getting in a team mate’s way.
What I am unsure about is how tricky the wind was at pitch level - there was a corner on the Arkells side at the Town End 1st half when the flag was almost horizontal, and a couple of instances where high clearances seemed to hold up a bit.
A word for referee Drysdale - whilst it was not the trickiest game to referee (no bad fouls and very little diving around) he let they game flow where possible and unlike some wasn’t looking to wave yellow cards around at the drop of a hat. Nice to have a game where wee aren’t complaining about officials, but we ought to acknowledge he had a good game.

I remain optimistic we will be in the mix come the end of the season. Style of football is good and Wellens seems to know what he’s doing, and in post match interview generally seems to have seen the same game as us.
Onwards and upwards!
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Sunday, September 1, 2019, 11:30:32 »

A couple of players not quite up to speed yet - Rose (understandable as his preseason was disrupted by injury), Iandolo (at times he and Hunt were like wing backs with Rose dropping back).

I think that’s what we’ll see. Hunt aside, I’m not sure we have a full back that’s a good defender (based on reports here and the 90mins I’ve seen of Reid and Hunt). The holding players are arguably better defenders than our full backs.

I’m looking forward to seeing who we bring in tomorrow. Interesting (and a relief) to hear that he is after a keeper. Hopefully a long term first choice. I wonder if it’s Trevor Carson?
« Last Edit: Sunday, September 1, 2019, 11:32:28 by Frigby Daser » Logged
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Sunday, September 1, 2019, 22:02:22 »

Anderson has been our best player this season, when he hasn't played we struggled to create chances.

It could be a master stroke by Wellens to shock him into performing(which it has so far), or Wellens may really want rid of him, we will see in the next day or so.

I would keep him for sure, hes playing now like we all hoped he would after the glimpses he has shown in the past.

Maybe Woolery needs similar treatment to get the best out of him?
I dunno. I've always believed there's been this level of quality in Anderson, whereas I have absolutely no faith in Woolery to get any better

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Sunday, September 1, 2019, 22:14:25 »

@FLASH  Girl Giggle

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #268 on: Monday, September 2, 2019, 13:22:45 »

Without starting a new thread, I see our 2nd lot of tickets for Orient on Saturday has sold out, will be 1k+ there, great turnout by Town again. 1,100 already sold.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Monday, September 2, 2019, 14:10:32 »

@FLASH  Girl Giggle

Embarrassing....left him for one match...

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: