Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Morecambe pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 40751 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Saturday, August 31, 2019, 15:53:26 »

How much was that worth then?

30/1

All my bets came in today.
That has never happened.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Saturday, August 31, 2019, 15:53:46 »

Gonna get myself a lottery ticket.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Saturday, August 31, 2019, 15:54:13 »

3 points, no injuries, no cards, not too much effort needed playing in 1st or 2nd gear most of the game and week before we next play so ideal really. We didn't even bother playing second half as they posed little or no threat.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Saturday, August 31, 2019, 15:54:24 »

30/1

All my bets came in today.
That has never happened.

What cumulative odds?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Saturday, August 31, 2019, 15:57:36 »

Wasn't there some talk after the fixtures came out of us having a tough start, and we could risk being in trouble by the end of August?  5th, three points off the top and looked comfortable today.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Saturday, August 31, 2019, 16:01:03 »

I was going to comment on this.  I looked at our fixtures and was predicting 5 points and potential meltdown by the end of August.  Just got to hope we push on and build on a good start.

Never knowingly overstated.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Saturday, August 31, 2019, 16:02:12 »

Also worth mentioning the officials in a positive light today. They got nothing important wrong. I even checked Yates's goal, which was very borderline, but just onside.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Saturday, August 31, 2019, 16:09:24 »

Can’t seem to put 2 halves together. That was dreadful 2nd half - sloppy, lackadaisical and loads of individual errors. A better team than Morecambe would have beaten us today.

And, tbf, they looked a decent outfit on the ball.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Saturday, August 31, 2019, 16:13:18 »

Can’t seem to put 2 halves together. That was dreadful 2nd half - sloppy, lackadaisical and loads of individual errors. A better team than Morecambe would have beaten us today.

And, tbf, they looked a decent outfit on the ball.
But they weren't a decent team, what's the point in over doing it and risking injuries. We won the game first half so second was a non event. When a team has no threat it's inevitable that the performance drops.
Flashheart

« Reply #234 on: Saturday, August 31, 2019, 16:20:07 »

I wonder if Wellens told then not to over-exert themselves in the 2nd.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #235 on: Saturday, August 31, 2019, 16:20:13 »

Morecambe looked half decent in midfield, they had a striker/winger that looked ok, the rest of the team was shit TBH.

They never looked like turning us over at all today.

We did our job, we didnt need to extend ourselves or turn up a gear, the defence still worries me at times but that was a solid professional performance, we won, we didn't need to do anything 2nd half even if that does upset us as fans.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Saturday, August 31, 2019, 16:23:06 »

Wasn't there some talk after the fixtures came out of us having a tough start, and we could risk being in trouble by the end of August?  5th, three points off the top and looked comfortable today.

I pointed out that Scunny a recent graveyard, and them being pundits favourite, followed by 4 games against teams we failed to beat last season was a tough start.  Happily Scunny seem poor, and we edged Carlisle.... didn't beat any of the other 3 mind.  That's OK as it's the sort of start that Scunny have had that needed avoiding 8 points was fine.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #237 on: Saturday, August 31, 2019, 16:24:24 »

Without a poacher (Doyle) today would have been a draw, he is the player up front we have been missing.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Saturday, August 31, 2019, 16:24:37 »

They had a lot of the ball second half but thought we contained them for the most part. It was a bit of a non event. Decision making wasn't great from us. Think the frustration comes because it was evident from the first half that we could have created and scored more if we went for it.

I'll take 3 points off top at the end of August all day. There are many positives for us to take moving forward. Not least having a proper goalscorer in Doyle. Doesn't do massive amounts in general play but stick him in front of goal and it's likely going in. Beggars belief that Bradford were playing him as a 10.

Just need to supplement the squad with a couple. I'm confident we're looking at top 7 minimum.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Saturday, August 31, 2019, 16:52:48 »

Had the feel of a freindly about it if i’m honest. Good start, let them in with a gift but had that something to get back in and secure the points. Last season we would have struggled to win that.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: