Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bolton & Bury continuing fiasco.  (Read 25170 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #105 on: Wednesday, September 4, 2019, 13:26:51 »

Until I read this I never even realised that Soccer AM was still on Sky, I haven't watched it in about 12 years, it went quickly downhill when Lovejoy left the programme I thought they took it off the air.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
GosportNob

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Wednesday, September 4, 2019, 14:18:08 »

I get the feelings of bury fans who like us in the past/present have been well shafted. However if bury are allowed into league two next year presumably the club that finishes 23rd at the end of the season will then be relegated rather than getting a reprieve. Don't suppose the fans of that club would feel that great, as bury with their shenanigans stay in the league and their club that did nothing wrong are relegated?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Wednesday, September 4, 2019, 14:33:28 »

And what about previous clubs who have been slung out and has to start at the bottom of the pyramid
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Wednesday, September 4, 2019, 14:49:35 »

Yeah, it doesn’t sit right with me that Bury be allowed into league two next season. They’ve been expelled from the football league, they should have to work their way back into it like everyone else

Things get better but they never get good
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Wednesday, September 4, 2019, 14:55:17 »

surely they can't allow Bury back in unless the EFL shouldn't have expelled them in the first place (i.e. breached their own rules somehow)
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Wednesday, September 4, 2019, 15:56:04 »

Yeah, it doesn’t sit right with me that Bury be allowed into league two next season. They’ve been expelled from the football league, they should have to work their way back into it like everyone else

Quite.  Its the same case of bad management which has blighted many a club.  Just because they are old they should not be treated differently.

Never knowingly overstated.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Wednesday, September 4, 2019, 16:46:28 »

surely they can't allow Bury back in unless the EFL shouldn't have expelled them in the first place (i.e. breached their own rules somehow)

They have rules? 
GosportNob

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Wednesday, September 4, 2019, 20:23:41 »

I remember that when we were in our most recent deep shit the FL were quoted as saying/ruling that if we went into admin for a third time we would be ejected from the football league. We had paid our players and staff, had not been accused of illegal acts and had missed NO GAMES. The selective treatment of some teams in a much more aggressive manner by the FL seems to be confirmed by the Bury situation.

It shows a much more pro active approach. Don't know why this is the case can't have anything to do with us not being relegated two divisions on appeal! I was on the first not third March!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Thursday, September 5, 2019, 07:54:39 »

I remember that when we were in our most recent deep shit the FL were quoted as saying/ruling that if we went into admin for a third time we would be ejected from the football league.
They didn't, it was a rumour/speculation that they would take that view.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Thursday, September 5, 2019, 08:11:34 »

I seriously doubt that any 'third strike' threat would still be in place so many years later.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Thursday, September 5, 2019, 08:28:50 »

I seriously doubt that any 'third strike' threat would still be in place so many years later.
I always reckoned if we went into admin a third time we should get to keep the judge's wig
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Thursday, September 5, 2019, 11:24:34 »

Turns out Bury were deducting pensions from staff pay but not paying anything into the pension fund. A deficit of around £100,000!

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/bury-staff-missing-thousands-of-pounds-from-pension-pots-c7gjgtl3l
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Thursday, September 5, 2019, 11:25:03 »

Turns out Bury were deducting pensions from staff pay but not paying anything into the pension fund. A deficit of around £100,000!

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/bury-staff-missing-thousands-of-pounds-from-pension-pots-c7gjgtl3l
Ouch! Hence the visit from Inspector Knacker then....
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: