Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bolton & Bury continuing fiasco.  (Read 25163 times)
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2019, 17:29:34 »

Surely the same problem persists as C&N found - there just isn’t time to get a deal done in time?

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2019, 18:23:18 »

Bury  now reporting they have 3 new offers on the table,   FFS,  could still be dragging on into next season !!!!!.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2019, 19:54:09 »

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2019/august/statement-on-behalf-of-paul-appleton-joint-administrator-for-bolton-wanderers4/?fbclid=IwAR3ig9wJXmpGorIkVsAPzWhSQYcN6sVbEdoXcCRGwmV9kSp8ADvfptoMzDk

Never knowingly overstated.
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2019, 20:03:24 »

Bury  now reporting they have 3 new offers on the table,   FFS,  could still be dragging on into next season !!!!!.

Whilst not wanting Bury to go under as a club, how can the EFL justify them remaining in the League now this deadline has passed? The credibility of the league has already taken a hit by allowing 5 games to be postponed, surely extending this further will mean even more postponement, which is fair to no-one.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2019, 20:36:46 »

To make matters worse, you just know McCrory is shuttling between Bolton and Bury to see where he can get the best deal.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2019, 20:40:43 »

To make matters worse, you just know McCrory is shuttling between Bolton and Bury to see where he can get the best CAR.

Sorted it
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2019, 21:09:09 »

It's very sad state of affairs...

I don't want to be in that position..

Clems Army!
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2019, 21:17:57 »

Yep, shouldn’t joke about it. There are obviously deeper issues that affect all clubs the lower down we go, but neither Anderson nor Dale appear to have covered themselves in glory.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2019, 21:53:19 »

Yep, shouldn’t joke about it. There are obviously deeper issues that affect all clubs the lower down we go, but neither Anderson nor Dale appear to have covered themselves in glory.

I think the issues are prevalent across the sport as a whole (in the UK, can't speak for all other countries), the big factor is the higher up you go there seems to be more of a support network/a lot of cash masking the issues.

Now we may not like it but the only way I can see "small clubs" properly surviving in the future, is a bit like in Baseball - via affiliation. We've started it here with Prem Clubs having affiliation to foreign clubs. While the top down approach isn't the best, it may add some security for clubs further down the pecking order. Yes it sacrifices identity but I feel the sport and of course the suits don't really care about identity any more. As usual it is the fans who suffer, whether in receipt of liquidation (no club) or selling your souls to affiliation (club with no true identity).

I guess this brings around the whole "Red Bull Salzburg" conversation and such like. I do think that is the way the UK will go. As stated, football does have a few toes in that direction already.

Hypothetical but IF Town ever became an affiliate club, who would you prefer to be associated with?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2019, 22:10:11 »

Bury officially expelled.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2019, 22:15:30 »

I think the issues are prevalent across the sport as a whole (in the UK, can't speak for all other countries), the big factor is the higher up you go there seems to be more of a support network/a lot of cash masking the issues.

Now we may not like it but the only way I can see "small clubs" properly surviving in the future, is a bit like in Baseball - via affiliation. We've started it here with Prem Clubs having affiliation to foreign clubs. While the top down approach isn't the best, it may add some security for clubs further down the pecking order. Yes it sacrifices identity but I feel the sport and of course the suits don't really care about identity any more. As usual it is the fans who suffer, whether in receipt of liquidation (no club) or selling your souls to affiliation (club with no true identity).

I guess this brings around the whole "Red Bull Salzburg" conversation and such like. I do think that is the way the UK will go. As stated, football does have a few toes in that direction already.

Hypothetical but IF Town ever became an affiliate club, who would you prefer to be associated with?
Absolutely no interest in this approach and if the thought is even entertained we may as well give up with the lower leagues. Citing American sport as an approach to follow is ludicrous, you support a club exactly for the sense of identity and history, becoming an ‘affiliate’ would throw away 100 plus years of history and you would just become part of a franchise.  I’d be out, you would effectively become the ‘B team’ what’s the point in that?
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2019, 22:23:30 »

Sad news but not unexpected,  feel for the fans, Bolton must be shitting themselves now.

Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2019, 22:26:16 »

Before football can move forward some inherent conflicts need to be resolved.

The EFL needs to effectively regulate clubs. It needs teeth, so that it can impose effective sanctions on clubs that breach those regulations. But a conflict exists, because the EFL needs the owners that it is seeking to control to vote for more stringent regulation. They surely won’t.

Players want to be paid well. Clubs can not afford to pay them what they demand. Clubs overreach. If a salary cap applies, players will sit in reserve teams and lower league sides will loan not buy them. This keeps the clubs higher up the pyramid as the owners of the saleable assets in football, whilst the rest of us rent. This is already happening - creating a vicious circle where poorer clubs don’t get the windfalls that they used to.

Then there’s the separation of the PL and Football League and the fact that the success of one is detrimental to the other. The PL will never vote for any measures that look after the game as a whole, rather than its own members alone - so money will continue to be concentrated at the top.

I could go on for hours. This is desperate news. If any good comes of this, hopefully it is to correct some of the above. If that means less Sky money, lower wages, and even lower quality football - fine - football’s focus has to be sustainable success, not success for the PL at the expense of the game.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 27, 2019, 22:29:06 by Frigby Daser » Logged
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2019, 22:27:36 »

gone. sad for the history and the fans. clubs always get saved at the final hour...I didn't think this would actually happen
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2019, 22:37:09 »

Bolton now been given 14 days to complete a takeover deal,  or go the same way as Bury.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: