Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swimming  (Read 2503 times)
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« on: Sunday, August 25, 2019, 14:56:11 »

I'm not sure if we already have a swimming thread, apologies if we do.

I come here following a week in the South of France in a huge house with a private pool. Most of the people who I went with are strong and confident swimmers, my partner and my 8 year old son included.

Now, I can swim, not to a great standard, but I can swim. I tend to tire when I swim for any kind of distance which is more than just fucking around and I struggle with the thought process of going under water. My son is massively into throwing the kids weights down and swimming down and getting them etc.. but I struggle with the mindset to do that.

So, my question is, has anyone here had any adult swimming lessons for confidence boosters, or does anyone have any tips/techniques that have helped them gain more confidence?

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, August 25, 2019, 18:21:59 »

Video/book called Total Immersion. Shows you how to swim like Alexander's Popov, who was awesome before Michael Phelps.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #2 on: Monday, August 26, 2019, 06:29:39 »

I'm fucking crap at swimming. Hate getting water in my ears.

I realise this post is not much help!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, August 26, 2019, 07:54:57 »

I saw Di Canio’s backroom staff teaching Troy Archibald-Henville to swim to help with his rehab.

A sight to behold
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, August 26, 2019, 08:51:07 »

Lessons should help you. On a personal note I love swimming underwater, get some decent goggles too.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, August 26, 2019, 09:50:44 »

Goggles could indeed be a real help.  Anything that gets you over the "underwater" line.

I learned to swim late, at 13.  In the Med  in the S. of France, as it happens.

Doing breaststroke underwater helped because I could concentrate on the action instead of staying above water.

I can now easily keep going for ever.  Not that my Mrs would necessarily corroborate that claim.  Wink
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, August 26, 2019, 13:14:23 »

I love swimming and used to go pretty much every day, but prone to ear infections, even with ear plugs so I go seldomly now, which annoys me. I need to find some better earplugs, if anyone has any suggestions?
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, August 26, 2019, 13:29:05 »

I love swimming and used to go pretty much every day, but prone to ear infections, even with ear plugs so I go seldomly now, which annoys me. I need to find some better earplugs, if anyone has any suggestions?

These should be pretty good if their "musicsafe" ear plugs are anything to go by.

https://www.alpinehearingprotection.co.uk/earplugs/swimsafe/

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, August 26, 2019, 16:48:18 »

Would love to go swimming on a regular basis but can see fuck all without my bins on.

I’d be crashing into everyone
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: