Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC vs. Cheltenham Pre-match, match day and post-match recriminations  (Read 53578 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Sunday, August 25, 2019, 18:45:48 »

Plus Tozer was great business.

Signed for nothing. 7 games, a red card - didn’t look up to much.

Sold for 1m.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Sunday, August 25, 2019, 18:59:15 »

Took my girlfriend to her first ever match yesterday, and although she had a great day over all, she was shocked by those two morons you mentioned. Pair of Grade A tossers

It was really odd. It was the fact he’d not done anything, except play for the opposition, and they just carried on. We’ve all hurled abuse - but usually it’s either funny or spontaneous anger. These two had issues. Each day must be a real effort!
smalltowngypsymassacre

« Reply #332 on: Sunday, August 25, 2019, 20:42:48 »

It was really odd. It was the fact he’d not done anything, except play for the opposition, and they just carried on. We’ve all hurled abuse - but usually it’s either funny or spontaneous anger. These two had issues. Each day must be a real effort!

As you say they were within an inch or two of him, the way they were acting its not outside the realms of possibility that they could've whacked him. They should have been booted. I didn't notice them second half though, maybe they were
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Sunday, August 25, 2019, 22:13:05 »

Just watched the club’s Uncut video on fb, and I finally think I can see why Baudry was flagged offside. He's definitely in front of the defenders when Anderson swings the second ball back in. Might have to concede that one. From 8:20.

« Last Edit: Monday, August 26, 2019, 09:04:22 by Red Frog » Logged

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Monday, August 26, 2019, 06:44:00 »

As you say they were within an inch or two of him, the way they were acting its not outside the realms of possibility that they could've whacked him. They should have been booted. I didn't notice them second half though, maybe they were

There’s a bald one in his 40s who I often have to condone, he could have been one of them. Sits with his head in his phone for the bulk of the game, without showing the slightest bit of interest, but suddenly comes to life and yells abuse in a ridiculously high-pitched voice whenever the opportunity arises.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #335 on: Monday, August 26, 2019, 09:17:38 »

Plus Tozer was great business.

Signed for nothing. 7 games, a red card - didn’t look up to much.

Sold for 1m.
It would have been if it was £1m, as it was his total transfer fee was £250k without the 25% sell on fee to Plymouth in that so he actually commanded a total fee for Swindon of £200k.

Still not bad for a young lad who actually wasn't that good and has had a pretty poor career since leaving us too.

Has a good throw on him though.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #336 on: Monday, August 26, 2019, 09:20:51 »

There’s a bald one in his 40s who I often have to condone, he could have been one of them. Sits with his head in his phone for the bulk of the game, without showing the slightest bit of interest, but suddenly comes to life and yells abuse in a ridiculously high-pitched voice whenever the opportunity arises.
The 2 men definately had hair that were abusing Tozer all game, both look in their 30-40s (not old gits or young ones) and were basically shouting abuse and giving him the wanker motion every time he was next to them.

Proper embarrassing actions. Tozer stayed calm and didn't even look him/them in the eye so fair play to him for not reacting.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Swindon-Town-FC.co.uk

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Monday, August 26, 2019, 10:51:49 »

I was sat a few rows behind them.

I thought Tozer was very professional in how he handled it. He did take the opportunity to give a bit back to them when Cheltenham were celebrating their second goal, which of course they took exception to.
A.N.Other

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Monday, August 26, 2019, 11:27:58 »

Did Baudry come back from an offside position? Marginal?
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Monday, August 26, 2019, 11:38:45 »

Did Baudry come back from an offside position? Marginal?

Looks clear to me.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Monday, August 26, 2019, 11:47:06 »

Just watched the club’s Uncut video on fb, and I finally think I can see why Baudry was flagged offside. He's definitely in front of the defenders when Anderson swings the second ball back in. Might have to concede that one. From 8:20.

Yeah, think we should all have to ring the lino and apologise. Although I'll offset that with around 7:29 when a Cheltenham player tries to see the ball out of play under pressure from Woolery, stops it on the line and then picks it up to take a throw. "Whole of the ball over the whole of the line"
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Monday, August 26, 2019, 12:57:58 »

Yeah, think we should all have to ring the lino and apologise.

Nah. He's still a cunt for showing an unexpected level of competence in this division, wrong time and place.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Monday, August 26, 2019, 13:14:04 »

Yeah, think we should all have to ring the lino and apologise. Although I'll offset that with around 7:29 when a Cheltenham player tries to see the ball out of play under pressure from Woolery, stops it on the line and then picks it up to take a throw. "Whole of the ball over the whole of the line"

Yeah, that was Tozer, and our bench went apeshit at the time. Perhaps the injustice pushed a couple of our fans over the edge.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Monday, August 26, 2019, 17:03:44 »

Yeah, that was Tozer, and our bench went apeshit at the time. Perhaps the injustice pushed a couple of our fans over the edge.
tbf it's not Tozer's fault if the lino doesn't know the basic rules
REDBUCK

« Reply #344 on: Monday, August 26, 2019, 17:31:56 »

Not sure how our bench saw anything from the other side of the pitch.

SORRY Ignore - talking nonsence. Its the hot weather
« Last Edit: Monday, August 26, 2019, 17:33:59 by REDBUCK » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: