Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC vs. Cheltenham Pre-match, match day and post-match recriminations  (Read 53975 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Sunday, August 25, 2019, 09:31:34 »

But he did get 1 win, and at home which most people see.  The comeback win v Roverum, at the CG got PdC out of jail, that could have easily been his last game, with comedy players like Lanzano and Comazzi, looking like something was very wrong.
That was definitely the turning point for PDC  Yes
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Sunday, August 25, 2019, 09:51:10 »

Haven’t read back, but I’m positive after yesterday. We were comfortably the better side and if we had VAR we would have been five points better off this week.

Anderson looks up for it and doesn’t get picked up by midfield or defenders. Isgrove is a cut above going forward, but gives the right back zero protection. Reid was horribly exposed - left 2 on 1. That said, he should have cut out the second. For a big guy, he is ponderous and looked nervous. McCormick should have done better for the second too. Doyle will score a lot of goals.

Special mention for the two guys, in their 40s in the front row on the side who would lean over the boards to scream abuse in Tozer’s ear, centimetres away, every time he took a throw in nearby. There aren’t many brain cells wasted on you two are there! When Joe Romanski pitches up against us in ten years, does he get the same? I hope the sunburn is particularly uncomfortable this morning.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Sunday, August 25, 2019, 09:52:45 »

The photo of Baudry’s ‘goal’ doesn’t make sense if it was deemed offside. You can clearly see 2 Cheltenham players in front of him. Did the Lino flag or did the ref blow for a foul?

Whichever one it was, how the game restarted was a complete mystery.

Noticed some Town fans giving Tozer absolute pelters when he was winding up for his long chucks.

For Duff to say they matched our football was mind boggling - agricultural at best. How they haven’t been beaten home for a while is a mystery - looked worse than ordinary to me.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Sunday, August 25, 2019, 10:14:34 »

The photo of Baudry’s ‘goal’ doesn’t make sense if it was deemed offside. You can clearly see 2 Cheltenham players in front of him. Did the Lino flag or did the ref blow for a foul?

Looked over and the stick insect linesman had flag raised as if for offside.

Baffling.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Sunday, August 25, 2019, 11:10:16 »

He clearly isn't offside, I can only assume the lino flagged for Doughty, although he wasn't interfering with play.

We've had some shocking decisions against us the last two games.

* STFC.jpg (164.25 KB, 1001x564 - viewed 328 times.)
Flashheart

« Reply #320 on: Sunday, August 25, 2019, 11:13:50 »

One can only hope that these errors will even themselves out over the course of the season. It's going to be the other team on the receiving end at some point, surely?
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Sunday, August 25, 2019, 11:26:22 »

He clearly isn't offside, I can only assume the lino flagged for Doughty, although he wasn't interfering with play.

It was bizarre at the time, and even less explicable now. Wellens complained about it post-match, and it was so clearly not offside that I assumed it must be for holding, but that photo seems to show the flag up before he even got the header in. Don't suppose we'll be graced with any sort of explanation.

Jeez, this division.  Crash

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Sunday, August 25, 2019, 13:10:55 »

Even then, Doughty looks in line with Tozer.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Sunday, August 25, 2019, 13:20:31 »

(Even though it isn't a foul) The ol' 'Baudry is all over the defender' argument makes more sense than offside.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Sunday, August 25, 2019, 13:23:34 »

It was bizarre at the time, and even less explicable now. Wellens complained about it post-match, and it was so clearly not offside that I assumed it must be for holding, but that photo seems to show the flag up before he even got the header in. Don't suppose we'll be graced with any sort of explanation.

Jeez, this division.  Crash
Maybe another grovelling phone call to Wellens on Monday/Tuesday,  not good enough,  the standards of officials desperately needs to improve.   Desicions such as we are receiving could easily make the difference of promotion or not at the end of the season.  Hopefully as previously said these decisions will balance themselves out during the course of the season,   not holding my breath though.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Sunday, August 25, 2019, 13:42:15 »

(Even though it isn't a foul) The ol' 'Baudry is all over the defender' argument makes more sense than offside.
It was given as offside so just another bad decision.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Sunday, August 25, 2019, 13:55:07 »

The flag is indicating offside for someone on the opposite side of the pitch. Presumably whoever crossed the ball. I guess the linesman thought he was the one in an offside position when the ball was played to him.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Sunday, August 25, 2019, 14:03:26 »

Late in the second half, I got a notification from Sky Sports saying there was a second red card for dissent? I'm assuming this wasn't the case?

Roaming the land while you sleep..
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Sunday, August 25, 2019, 15:47:17 »

No, Lyden got booked, nothing more.
smalltowngypsymassacre

« Reply #329 on: Sunday, August 25, 2019, 18:20:51 »

Haven’t read back, but I’m positive after yesterday. We were comfortably the better side and if we had VAR we would have been five points better off this week.

Anderson looks up for it and doesn’t get picked up by midfield or defenders. Isgrove is a cut above going forward, but gives the right back zero protection. Reid was horribly exposed - left 2 on 1. That said, he should have cut out the second. For a big guy, he is ponderous and looked nervous. McCormick should have done better for the second too. Doyle will score a lot of goals.

Special mention for the two guys, in their 40s in the front row on the side who would lean over the boards to scream abuse in Tozer’s ear, centimetres away, every time he took a throw in nearby. There aren’t many brain cells wasted on you two are there! When Joe Romanski pitches up against us in ten years, does he get the same? I hope the sunburn is particularly uncomfortable this morning.

Took my girlfriend to her first ever match yesterday, and although she had a great day over all, she was shocked by those two morons you mentioned. Pair of Grade A tossers
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: