Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Newquay  (Read 8703 times)
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, August 19, 2019, 15:04:20 »

Isn't Monday a BH?   Traffic can get pretty bad down there
Yea, not very well planned on that front. I think the plan is to leave as early as possible and wing it. We've got some check points marked so if it gets too bad we'll just stop.

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, August 19, 2019, 16:29:59 »

Another vote for Healey's cider farm from me.

Newquay has the most aggressive and cheeky seagull's I've ever witnessed. Proper thieving bastards there and won't hesitate to rip any foodstuffs from your hands.
Family at War

Midfield Maestro

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, August 19, 2019, 16:53:28 »

20 miles north of Newquay is Polzeath lovely little place and a amazing beach with great Fish and Chips always a must and Cornish Pasties. Spent many a holiday there as a boy.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, August 19, 2019, 17:45:19 »

Newquay has the most aggressive and cheeky seagull's I've ever witnessed. Proper thieving bastards there and won't hesitate to rip any foodstuffs from your hands.

Starlings too, they love a bit of pasty crust.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, August 19, 2019, 18:57:29 »

Padstow - Camel Trail. Bike hire and flat cycle ride.
Follow the coast north from Newquay. Lusty Cove, Porth, Polzeal up to Padstow.
Mevagissey is a quaint little port.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, August 19, 2019, 20:32:16 »

they have a RIB ride at mevagissey too

http://www.mevagissey-rib-rides.co.uk/
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 08:13:19 »

Another vote for Healey's cider farm from me.

I'll keep that to myself, the wife's still traumatized from when a gull swiped her corndog on coney island 7 odd yeas ago.

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 11:00:31 »

I'd certainly avoid eating outdoors there for sure. They come from nowhere and take whatever is in people's hands.
Shizzle

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 13:35:40 »

Currently sat in Nappa Valley as I write this. Cracking little place for the kids. Sun has decided to show its face too.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 13:44:33 »

Currently sat in Nappa Valley as I write this. Cracking little place for the kids. Sun has decided to show its face too.

Are you wine tasting?  Smiley
Shizzle

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 13:49:29 »

Are you wine tasting?  Smiley
Haha, I see what’s happened here  Cheesy
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 15:13:27 »

I WISH i was going to Nappa Valley.
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 15:38:05 »

20 miles north of Newquay is Polzeath lovely little place and a amazing beach with great Fish and Chips always a must and Cornish Pasties. Spent many a holiday there as a boy.

Love Polzeath. Nice beach and good pub at the top of the hill with live music often, The Oyster Catcher.

Spent a summer in Polzeath once, camped with a mate for 3 months and worked in a surf shop. Good times.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, September 2, 2019, 10:34:47 »

Thanks for the tips, spends Monday to Friday in Newquay and was no where near enough time.
Drove down first thing Monday morning and made it in good time. Spend the whole say at Lappa Valley which the kids loved as did we.
Weather was spot on, apart from one day, did various beaches, Lusty Glaze was a personal favorite, secluded, clean and amazing views.
On the way home on Friday we stopped in Padstow for the afternoon which was lovey. Can't wait to go back.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, September 2, 2019, 11:03:30 »

Thanks for the tips, spends Monday to Friday in Newquay and was no where near enough time.
Drove down first thing Monday morning and made it in good time. Spend the whole say at Lappa Valley which the kids loved as did we.
Weather was spot on, apart from one day, did various beaches, Lusty Glaze was a personal favorite, secluded, clean and amazing views.
On the way home on Friday we stopped in Padstow for the afternoon which was lovey. Can't wait to go back.

Been a good week for birds (avian) in Cornwall. 20 odd white storks were released in Sussex as part of a re-introduction campaign, and promptly headed off  down south west...

and even better, the extremely rare brown booby, and who doesn't love one or a pair of those was spotted in St Ives.

« Last Edit: Monday, September 2, 2019, 11:09:35 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: