Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Northampton pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 62850 times)
scribblemilk

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 16:22:00 »

Perhaps we need a big lump target man on the bench for a plan b then.

It wouldn't surprise me if once Yates is back we play a Diamond midfield and two upfront, firstly i think it might entice some teams out a bit with effectively one less in midfield plus i think then Yates can be the player chasing everything down and Doyle can go find some space like he is good at. I also think then we may see Doughty slightly further up the pitch and one of Isgrove or Anderson in behind the forwards.

Only for home matches as i think our current system is made for playing away.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 16:25:44 »

But can you see the £5k a week (allegedly) Doyle being left on the bench? Wellens said from the start he wanted 2 upfront. Doyle is not a lone striker.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 16:26:39 »

Looking on the bright side, if Bury get slung out then only team will be relegated from L2.

Smiley

I thought it was just 3 down from Div 3.  Hence playing into Oxford's hands as they've lost the last 2, and are sliding.

Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 16:28:37 »

But can you see the £5k a week (allegedly) Doyle being left on the bench? Wellens said from the start he wanted 2 upfront. Doyle is not a lone striker.
Absolutely. He’s a journeyman forward on loan from another League 2 club. Don’t get me wrong, I really like the look of him, but as with any player at the club he certainly isn’t beyond being on the bench.

5k a week soapy tit wank, that certainly isn’t being paid by STFC!
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 16:29:00 »

But it's the content of the post that should be picked up on, rather than the poster.  In this case JTR wasn't happy that Yates had got red.

Exactly. It's all the ad hominem - tackling the player, not the ball - and the agricultural nature of some of those tackles that can make the forum a bit nasty at times. Sure people can go if they don't like "robust debate" (sic), but why should they have to?
Is it a coincidence that there are virtually no female posters on here anymore?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 16:30:13 »

Exactly. It's all the ad hominem - tackling the player, not the ball - and the agricultural nature of some of those tackles that can make the forum a bit nasty at times. Sure people can go if they don't like "robust debate" (sic), but why should they have to?
What are you suggesting - a sexist membership?  Huh?
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 16:32:21 »

They all went when I stopped posting so much. I'm a sexy sexy man.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 16:34:48 »

You will find plenty of regular members making negative observations when there are negative observations to be made. Myself included. I can only think of one member in recent history that was 100% positive and he was criticised as much as those that are 100% negative. (I forget his name now). *Edit. Gillman, his name was Gillman. Or something like that. Come to think of it, he was lambasted more than the likes of reg are.

Most members here are balanced, they will be critical when they see fit, and give credit where it's due. Most will just say it as they see it, whereas some seem to have an agenda regardless of how well (or otherwise) things are going.

JTR was in a category of people that you would barely see until something negative happened (like a loss). To be fair, she was far from the worst offender in that regard, but it was still very noticeable. At least to the people that noticed it.

Ok, noted - thanks for this.  I appreciate this is becoming a bit tedious (and i am boring myself as I type this) but, just picking up on one point, you mention instances when there are negative observations are to be made.  Who decides when those instances occur?  

NB - My holiday finishes at the end of the week so, thankfully, I will return to posting a few times a year.  

Nothing to see here
Flashheart

« Reply #413 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 16:41:16 »

you mention instances when there are negative observations are to be made.  

Most often after a poor performance I reckon. Although hopefully we won't have too much of that this season.  Wink

Who decides when those instances occur?

It's subjective, of course, and the 'balanced' members will often disagree with each other over stuff. Regardless, it is still clear that there is a pattern of consistent negativity (or positivity) in some members.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 16:42:36 »

Absolutely. He’s a journeyman forward on loan from another League 2 club. Don’t get me wrong, I really like the look of him, but as with any player at the club he certainly isn’t beyond being on the bench.

5k a week soapy tit wank, that certainly isn’t being paid by STFC!
According to Bradford we are picking up the majority of it.
Panda Paws

« Reply #415 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 16:48:08 »

According to Bradford we are picking up the majority of it.

It's not out of the realm of possibility that we're paying c. £3k a week for a player at this level. That's a very solid L2 wage, but far from the top earners in the league. Maynard at Mansfield on 4-5K  week for example.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 16:50:24 »

I thought it was just 3 down from Div 3.  Hence playing into Oxford's hands as they've lost the last 2, and are sliding.

Yeah, apparently its 3 down and still 4 up from L2.
Then 2 up from NL and 1 down from L2 to bring the numbers back up to 72.

Will be interesting to see what happens on Friday.

Bolton look certs and should get further sanctions for the unilateral no show yesterday.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 17:08:36 »

What. The much more mentally tougher of the genders not being able to handle the relatively sedate pace of the TEF. I'm not having that.
A recruitment drive is needed
The signing of the Bulgarian keeper might have enabled Reg to get a few of the Sofia, Plovdiv & Varna babushka reds to sign up.

Hopefully everyone's metaphorical gussets will be adjusted and comfortably in place in time for Saturday.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 17:11:52 »

[quote author=StfcRusty link=topic=57858.msg1509345#msg1509345

And genuine question, why don't the people who are quick to jump on JTR for negativity, put her on ignore too?  That way she won't feel bullied off this forum and can post what she likes and the people who don't like it won't see it?
[/quote]

100% agree,  surely that's what this forum is about.  

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 17:13:11 »

They all went when I stopped posting so much. I'm a sexy sexy man.

Whatever the Adver hunks calendar committee might have said. The anti-democratic bastards.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: