Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Northampton pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 62880 times)
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 15:16:33 »

He has this consistent thing about us being underdogs to Cheltenham, seems to trigger lots of people, the more it sets people off the more he does it.

That may be true- I still take the view that, as trolling goes, it is at the gentle end of the spectrum.

Nothing to see here
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 15:17:20 »

I honestly didn't realise until i listened to the LSPC that we had never won at Cheltnum.  I knew we hadn't for a while (hence the hoodoo) but didn't realise that we had never (ever) won at their place.

Quite bonkers really..  I wonder if there are any other teams (bar the recent new additions to the EFL over the past few years e.g. Salford) that we have a similar record against, having played them, say more than 10-15 times..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 15:20:46 »

He has this consistent thing about us being underdogs to Cheltenham, seems to trigger lots of people, the more it sets people off the more he does it.

We are in terms of results against them.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 15:22:31 »

Get a grip people. Reg isn't trolling. This is trolling.

Ells on Sunday, December  6, 2015, 21:29:13
Have you ever tried disagreeing with someone without childish ad hominem?
Ironside on Sunday, December  6, 2015, 21:31:15
Alright,  calm down princess and don't get your knickers in a twist about things you don't understand,  there's a good girl...

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 15:27:15 »

I honestly didn't realise until i listened to the LSPC that we had never won at Cheltnum.  I knew we hadn't for a while (hence the hoodoo) but didn't realise that we had never (ever) won at their place.

Quite bonkers really..  I wonder if there are any other teams (bar the recent new additions to the EFL over the past few years e.g. Salford) that we have a similar record against, having played them, say more than 10-15 times..

Here's our bogey team record... but a lot of cup games on there....

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/StatAttack/TeamLeagueTable.asp?Type=WorstRecords
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 15:31:32 »

Here's our bogey team record... but a lot of cup games on there....

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/StatAttack/TeamLeagueTable.asp?Type=WorstRecords

On the default settings of 50+ teams that is actually all of the teams we've played 50+ games agains. So even though oxford is on that list, it's still our 6 best record against teams we've played that often.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 15:33:32 »

There really is no comparison between Reg and JTR - the former at least puts his points across in a reasoned manner and appears win, lose or draw. JTR will simply spout pure negativity and is only seen when we lose. This was quite rightly pointed out by several TEF’rs last week which led to the toys being well and truly thrown out of the proverbial pram.

With regards to last night - it was pleasing to see the reaction from the fans at full time. A similar performance last season wouldn’t have received that.

The match has been well covered although I think the previous poser who claimed we created 5/6 clear cut chances is pushing it slightly. Never the less, as others have stated we will win more than we lose if we play like that regularly.

Another forward as an option off the bench is a must for me - I don’t expect a seasoned veteran but I’d be happy with a talented kid from the top flight. It isn’t Twine’s fault that he finds himself in his current position, but he simply is not good enough and offers nothing in terms of physical presence. I’m confident Wellens thinks the same and we will see another addition in due course.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 15:40:31 »

There really is no comparison between Reg and JTR - the former at least puts his points across in a reasoned manner and appears win, lose or draw. JTR will simply spout pure negativity and is only seen when we lose. This was quite rightly pointed out by several TEF’rs last week which led to the toys being well and truly thrown out of the proverbial pram.

But JTR is a longstanding poster, who clearly cares about STFC, if she can't come to the TEF to have a bit of a moan about a performance, then it's a poor show
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 15:41:15 »

I have just looked at posts by who I assume is JTR.  Again, were they that bad?

Nothing to see here
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 15:47:30 »

But JTR is a longstanding poster, who clearly cares about STFC, if she can't come to the TEF to have a bit of a moan about a performance, then it's a poor show
I don’t think it matters if someone has been a member for 10 years or 10 days...if they are constantly posting negativity then they have to expect to be picked up on it from time to time. It’s not to say they have to stop - if it really offends individuals then they can simply use the ignore function (as has been well documented today Wink)

JBZ - it’s surely no coincidence that this was noticed by several TEF’rs  Hmmm
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 15:49:21 »

On the default settings of 50+ teams that is actually all of the teams we've played 50+ games agains. So even though oxford is on that list, it's still our 6 best record against teams we've played that often.

Bogey teams as a term only really applies to a few, and in our case number one is Chelsea, but it doesn't mean much as it's a long record mostly based on cup games when they've been higher and only 4 league games.

Numb are in a class of their own, and that it's so recent and so weird, is what grinds most people's gears. Crawley is a bit odd too, as at first when they had Evans as gaffer, we'd beat them, which was the sort of reverse Evans bogey in action, but since that early success, we've quietly gone about struggling to beat them.
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 15:57:52 »

I don’t think it matters if someone has been a member for 10 years or 10 days...if they are constantly posting negativity then they have to expect to be picked up on it from time to time. It’s not to say they have to stop - if it really offends individuals then they can simply use the ignore function (as has been well documented today Wink)

Ok, I may have missed the some of the context which will not have been apparent by just skimming some historic posts. 

To repeat my previous observation (in a non-troll like way) I get the impression (as an infrequent poster) that any view that might suggest that we may not have it all our own way this season is unwelcome in this forum.  That strikes me as somewhat 'unhealthy'.

Nothing to see here
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 16:00:52 »

But it's the content of the post that should be picked up on, rather than the poster.  In this case JTR wasn't happy that Yates had got red.
Flashheart

« Reply #403 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 16:10:13 »

To repeat my previous observation (in a non-troll like way) I get the impression (as an infrequent poster) that any view that might suggest that we may not have it all our own way this season is unwelcome in this forum.  That strikes me as somewhat 'unhealthy'.

You will find plenty of regular members making negative observations when there are negative observations to be made. Myself included. I can only think of one member in recent history that was 100% positive and he was criticised as much as those that are 100% negative. (I forget his name now). *Edit. Gillman, his name was Gillman. Or something like that. Come to think of it, he was lambasted more than the likes of reg are.

Most members here are balanced, they will be critical when they see fit, and give credit where it's due. Most will just say it as they see it, whereas some seem to have an agenda regardless of how well (or otherwise) things are going.

JTR was in a category of people that you would barely see until something negative happened (like a loss). To be fair, she was far from the worst offender in that regard, but it was still very noticeable. At least to the people that noticed it.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 16:18:42 »

Looking on the bright side, if Bury get slung out then only team will be relegated from L2.

Smiley

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: