Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Northampton pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 62851 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 14:22:32 »

It appears that anyone offering a view which does not accord with the current consensus that promotion is a certainty is to be regarded as a troll.
Bollocks. There's a difference between posters saying "We're only four games in, hold your horses" and deliberately fishing for a response.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 14:22:34 »

Never did find my wallet, or my clothes.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 14:36:17 »

I ignored reg in real life yesterday. Well, I said hello but was sort of in a hurry to get home to have a shit and a shower so didn't stop to chat. Sorry Reg.

No problem,. As I said you looked like you'd just got in.  To the head that is.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 14:37:49 »

Bollocks. There's a difference between posters saying "We're only four games in, hold your horses" and deliberately fishing for a response.

I don't know Reg (or anyone else on this forum for that matter) and have no agenda.  I regard his posts as falling within the former rather than the latter. If it is trolling, it's pretty pedestrian.

Nothing to see here
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 14:41:38 »

You've gone all lah-de-dah. Time was you never used to bother going home to have a shit, now look at you

Ben not bothering reminds me of when he put pics up of his student accommodation  Grin
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 14:44:03 »

I don't know Reg (or anyone else on this forum for that matter) and have no agenda.  I regard his posts as falling within the former rather than the latter. If it is trolling, it's pretty pedestrian.
Most do fall within the former. Equally, sometimes he deliberately looks to push people's buttons e.g.

On to Saturday, where we now have the unusual situation of going to Whaddon Road behind Numb in the league, they've never finished above us, when in the same league.  Could our underdog status help

As things stand, we don't look like a serious auto contender.

He looks for a reaction, gets the reaction he was looking for then whines about "bullying" etc. Classic trolling.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 14:53:36 »

Because why the fuck should anybody be perturbed because of one person? AND, because the option to put people on ignore does work to a degree, but it can be improved. Which is all that people are asking. Nobody is asking you or anybody else to change the way you use the forum. If you don't like the function, fine, just don't use it. Nobody is making you.

People moaning about people moaning about people! LoLz

And another thread gets side-track thanks to a certain individual... if only there were a better system in place to help prevent  it. Surely that would be better for everybody?

Fancy an admin hoping to make things go more smoothly. Fancy that, whatever next?

Fine, if it irks you so much do something about it, whatever, i didn't say you shouldn't do anything and i certainly didn't moan about it.  The people moaning about people moaning had already started by other people much earlier in the thread lolz!  Ironically the thread was sidetracked by people moaning about it..

An Admin you are, and a very good one at that, albeit at times condescending, but there really is no need for the sanctimonious response to me posting my thoughts.  Hence my stance that some posters need to chill out, cheer up or grow up - that covers a high percentage of the posters on here, including myself - i'll let you decide which one is relevant to me.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 14:54:51 »

Blimey, everyone is a bit shitty after last night's game.  Huh?
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 14:55:03 »

Most do fall within the former. Equally, sometimes he deliberately looks to push people's buttons e.g.

He looks for a reaction, gets the reaction he was looking for then whines about "bullying" etc. Classic trolling.

Can't see anything trolling about suggesting being below Cheltenham in the league might take the pressure off the team and help us break the hoodoo?

Yesterday was my first game of the season. Northampton had lost 2 and drawn 1 before yesterday and yet they were pretty comfortable.  Our squad is currently a bit thin and several of our players have dubious injury records, which could make it thinner still.  On that showing, I think it's perfectly reasonable to say we don't look like auto-certainties yet.  But obviously we hope we will be.

Personally not seen Reg complain about bullying.

Seems like some posters play the man not the ball when it comes to Reg's posts.  

And genuine question, why don't the people who are quick to jump on JTR for negativity, put her on ignore too?  That way she won't feel bullied off this forum and can post what she likes and the people who don't like it won't see it?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 14:57:16 »

Can't see anything trolling about suggesting being below Cheltenham in the league might take the pressure off the team and help us break the hoodoo?
He has this consistent thing about us being underdogs to Cheltenham, seems to trigger lots of people, the more it sets people off the more he does it.
Flashheart

« Reply #385 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 15:02:35 »

He's a habit of straw-manning people as well, and telling others what they think. Oft favoured repertoires of an internet troll.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 15:04:22 »

Bollocks, we've never won at Whaddon Road, why is that?  I don't know, so we have to clutch at straws, in this case Numb go into the game higher in the table, therefore I wonder, has this happened before  Hmmm 

Just perhaps, they'll start as favourites and not be able to deal with it. You of course see something that isn't there, rather than trying to engage in a discussion about why we never win at Whaddon Road

Throughout the summer I've been looking at signs of intent to develop a squad capable of auto, now we're nearing the window slamming shut, it looks thin to me.  However, it is as it stands, and time to do something about it, how is this in any way controversial?

I'm not the only poster pointing this out....

PV.....Our bench last night looked really weak and we badly need a few more players that can make an impact off the bench and change things

Is this trolling whatever that means  Hmmm or stating the bleeding obvious?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #387 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 15:09:55 »

It appears that anyone offering a view which does not accord with the current consensus that promotion is a certainty is to be regarded as a troll.

You alright poppet? xx
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 15:13:49 »

You alright poppet? xx

Mum, is that you?

Nothing to see here
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 15:14:03 »

Jesus. Neither of those things are trolling you precious snowflake cunts.

Edging a bit on the unoptomistic side of the fence is just realistic being a swindon fan. The last 20 odd years did happen to the rest of you yeah?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: