Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Northampton pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 62857 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 13:34:19 »

I am not sure it did though. Again, i am not saying lump it forward i am saying that like Panda rightly pointed out Wellens wants to play a certain way. At times it looks like that way id to get it out wide and get crosses in and in my opinion having more of a target man to switch those crosses up when we are chasing the game would help rather than Scott Twine ending up under crosses

It's a bit like when we went up from Div 4 under Sturrock, he could bring on Lukas J, just the sort of thing we could do with atm, a kid, but good big un, raw but willing and clearly heading for better things.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #361 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 13:34:23 »

On and seriously every single thread becomes the same. If you can't read regs comment and not feel the urge to reply then there is something wrong with you.

I personally find the whole everyone reacting to his comments more tiresome than his posts
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #362 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 13:35:08 »

It's a bit like when we went up from Div 4 under Sturrock, he could bring on Lukas J, just the sort of thing we could do with atm, a kid, but good big un, raw but willing and clearly heading for better things.
Adebeyo would be perfect  Wink
Flashheart

« Reply #363 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 13:36:34 »

If it pisses you off that much, why are you logging on in the first place.

Because why the fuck should anybody be perturbed because of one person? AND, because the option to put people on ignore does work to a degree, but it can be improved. Which is all that people are asking. Nobody is asking you or anybody else to change the way you use the forum. If you don't like the function, fine, just don't use it. Nobody is making you.

People moaning about people moaning about people! LoLz

And another thread gets side-track thanks to a certain individual... if only there were a better system in place to help prevent  it. Surely that would be better for everybody?

Fancy an admin hoping to make things go more smoothly. Fancy that, whatever next?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 13:39:49 »

Adebeyo would be perfect  Wink

TBF, I held out a bit of hope for Bayo at first, and as a kid being asked to play the leading role, didn't think he was totally useless, however he didn't like heading the ball much. Had he been one of our own, then yes.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 13:41:27 »

And another thread gets side-track thanks to a certain individual... if only there were a better system in place to help prevent  it. Surely that would be better for everybody?
If only there was some individual who was empowered to pull the irrelevancy out into a separate thread Wink
Flashheart

« Reply #366 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 13:42:43 »

If only there was some individual who was empowered to pull the irrelevancy out into a separate thread Wink

Not this time. He's getting enough attention as it is.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 13:45:50 »

I just discovered that Mathieu Baudry is a cousin of Sylvain Wiltord.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #368 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 13:58:34 »

I personally find the whole everyone reacting to his comments more tiresome than his posts

Agreed. People could actually ignore posts they don't like without even using the ignore function.
Flashheart

« Reply #369 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 14:02:40 »

If only it were that simple. It just does not work that way in reality, though. Humans are, well... human.

Regardless, theakston only asked about changing/adding a feature.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 14:08:36 »

In all honesty I was jesting about being a jinx but I'm starting to worry now.

P5 W0 D1 L4 F0 A10 (4 out of 5 were home games  Sad)

I don't think I had a  run as bad as that even when I was a season ticket holder.
Flash did say if we scored he reckoned I'd have been on the pitch  Smiley

The best way of eventually ending the jinx is to go regularly, not when the need to scrounge a pint arises. Smiley

As for the game. Panda Paws is spot on.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 14:09:36 »

I find it amazing that anyone could find Reg's meanderings more objectionable than, say, Christian Kostiuk. I never even used to ignore Ironside, and he was proper sinister.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 14:18:46 »

I ignored reg in real life yesterday. Well, I said hello but was sort of in a hurry to get home to have a shit and a shower so didn't stop to chat. Sorry Reg.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 14:20:03 »

It appears that anyone offering a view which does not accord with the current consensus that promotion is a certainty is to be regarded as a troll.

Nothing to see here
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 14:21:28 »

I ignored reg in real life yesterday. Well, I said hello but was sort of in a hurry to get home to have a shit
You've gone all lah-de-dah. Time was you never used to bother going home to have a shit, now look at you
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: