Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Northampton pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 62854 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 08:21:37 »

What we needed was you to stay at home Smiley Who was in charge of the blockade and let him through? Sack the blockade manager!

In all honesty I was jesting about being a jinx but I'm starting to worry now.

P5 W0 D1 L4 F0 A10 (4 out of 5 were home games  Sad)

I don't think I had a  run as bad as that even when I was a season ticket holder.
Flash did say if we scored he reckoned I'd have been on the pitch  Smiley
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 08:25:28 by 4D » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 08:35:57 »

As far as indicators go, last night seemingly told us quite a bit.... namely, the squad is too thin to address the key issue of poor home form, and so build a side capable of auto.  Still a bit of time to do some tweaking on this.

On to Saturday, where we now have the unusual situation of going to Whaddon Road behind Numb in the league, they've never finished above us, when in the same league.  Could our underdog status help  Hmmm
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 08:41:10 »

My first game this season - I thought we took time to settle into the game - they had the better of the first 20 mins. After that we started to control the game, and after half time they just sat very deep, and we struggled to break them down (although had enough chances to win).
Referee and linesmen were dreadful - a recurring theme over the last couple of years in our league is the number of games effectively decided by the capriciousness (or to paraphrase Wellens - ineptitude) of the officials. As others have said, there was inconsistency on treatment of fouls (how Turnbull didn’t get booked earlier is a mystery), and gullibility about massive blokes falling over in a draft (l thought there must be a team of snipers on the Bank at one point they way they fell over). The offside on the goal was ridiculous - from where I was in the Arkells the ball clearly changed direction significantly after the winger’s touch. Also on refereeing, did anyone spot what happened when Lyden went down over on the DR side second half?
More worrying was the fact that like several occasions last year we struggled to get shots on target - their keeper only made two saves (and McCormick none). It may be our style based on counter attack will work better away - although Woolery did get round the back a number of times second half - with some mixed quality final balls.
I’m not sure I agree with the “plan B” comments - which seem to mean hoof the ball to a big bloke and hope we get a knock down - against defenders the size of Northampton’s that is a low percentage option. They looked less comfortable when we were able to run at them with pace.
most of the new boys look better than last season’s equivalent - I thought Hunt looks a useful addition at right back, Baudry is comfortable in possession and Lyden looks fine in that holding position. First half I though May and Doughty were too close to each other - May got a bit further forward second half and did better (apart from his shot over the bar when he should really get it on target from there).  
We also need a bit more depth - as in recent years we struggle to play twice a week (midweek results were poor last season generally).
Overall I think we should at least be play off contenders - provided we can keep key players injury free.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 08:42:44 »

As far as indicators go, last night seemingly told us quite a bit.... namely, the squad is too thin to address the key issue of poor home form, and so build a side capable of auto.  Still a bit of time to do some tweaking on this.

On to Saturday, where we now have the unusual situation of going to Whaddon Road behind Numb in the league, they've never finished above us, when in the same league.  Could our underdog status help  Hmmm
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 08:46:06 »

What is your point?
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 08:49:16 »

Perhaps we need a big lump target man on the bench for a plan b then.
Correct - Thats been said many times,  Akinfenwa would be great !.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Flashheart

« Reply #306 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 08:51:32 »

Also on refereeing, did anyone spot what happened when Lyden went down over on the DR side second half?

On the replay, it looked as though he might have been hit/elbowed in the face by their player. There wasn't much to go by in terms of footage, though.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 08:56:30 »

What is your point?
Never heard of trolls Reg ?. 

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 09:02:12 »

Never heard of trolls Reg ?. 

Yes, of course, Norse mythology. Davis's apparent fetish with small naked plastic toys, didn't make that connection for me.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 09:04:09 »

Bit concerned about the weekend. The ref might well turn Wellens into full GTA mode if he has a stinker - it's Trevor Kettle. Notorious for being one of the worst in the game and loves a Red card. I feel like I already know how the games going to pan out and it's only Wednesday.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 09:11:33 »

Wasn't at the game last night as I am away on holiday,  did follow the game on the Internet and radio.
Sounds as though we had the usual shit officials,   but we did create changes,  the sooner we learn to bury them the sooner we can get out of this division.   On another day it appears we could have won this game,  had our 'on the line' been given,  ant the officials not been blind to their offside we would be clear at the top of the division.   As already said the result was a big disappointment but we weren't completely overrun.
There will always be odd results during a season and hopefully this is just a blip in ours.    Onto the numb and three points will blot this out, hopefully upwards and onwards.   Anyone know if this is pay on the day ?.

swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 09:12:56 »

Yes, of course, Norse mythology. Davis's apparent fetish with small naked plastic toys, didn't make that connection for me.
Smiley Smiley

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 09:15:31 »

Onto the numb and three points will blot this out, hopefully upwards and onwards.   Anyone know if this is pay on the day ?.
No pay on the day, get your tickets by Friday
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 09:17:25 »

No pay on the day, get your tickets by Friday
Oh Shit,  Thanks,  probably saved me a wasted journey then.

FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 09:44:40 »

Cheltenham sold out! 1500 all sold
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: