Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Northampton pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 62853 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #270 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 21:50:34 »

Just had a quick look on Northampton's forum, and every mention of the validity of the goal agreed it was offside.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 21:52:33 »

Just had a quick look on Northampton's forum, and every mention of the validity of the goal agreed it was offside.
As it's blatant. What worries me more is how they've missed the touch! How can these people be allowed to officiate another game?
Flashheart

« Reply #272 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 21:54:06 »

This frame shows their wide player with the ball LITERALLY AT HIS FEET.

wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 21:54:43 »

First game of the season for me. Quiet first half, enjoyed the second until 3 mad minutes leading to their goal. From half way up the Arkells it looked like we had scored - looked like their keeper shuffled forward with his elbows onto the line. Otherwise it looked like we could play all night without scoring. Ref was a knob. but badly let down by both linesmen.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 21:55:58 »

The officials' collective performance today has given me a stress headache, the back of my neck is still sore. Glad my boys weren't with me tonight as I was somewhat agrieved by the ref's basic lack of understanding of the rules. Fuck me sideways, that was just diabolical.
Blow Up

How can a keeper fall forwards with the ball, land on the line, and *not* have been in the goal with the ball?

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 21:58:23 »

It's mind boggling.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 21:59:46 »

First game of the season for me. Quiet first half, enjoyed the second until 3 mad minutes leading to their goal. From half way up the Arkells it looked like we had scored - looked like their keeper shuffled forward with his elbows onto the line. Otherwise it looked like we could play all night without scoring. Ref was a knob. but badly let down by both linesmen.

Just looked a few times. Ours never crossed the line.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 22:00:05 »

The linesman is in a great position, but it looks like he's looking at the floor
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 22:04:34 »

The linesman is in a great position, but it looks like he's looking at the floor

He wasn’t up with the play as they broke forward which is partly why offside was not given, only partly maybe 20% if i’m Being generous.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 22:09:36 »

Refereeing tonight was awful, however we did nowhere near enough and a draw would have been a fair result.

We really did miss Anderson tonight.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 22:10:27 »

He wasn’t up with the play as they broke forward which is partly why offside was not given, only partly maybe 20% if i’m Being generous.
He's not disputing the fact Williams was offside, their claim is that the Northampton player didn't flick it on. How could he possibly miss that up with play or not?
Flashheart

« Reply #281 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 22:19:28 »

It's one of those things where you just hope the bad decisions will even themselves out over the duration of the season, but FFS, that decision is still something the FA should be paying attention to... ESPECIALLY if the officials concerned are genuinely denying they got it wrong. I'd have more truck with them if they held their hands up and apologised. We're all human.

Anyway, moving on. It happened and that is that.

Shit officials or not, we were not good enough today. We got better in the 2nd half but we were poor in the 1st. It shows when we have just one of our creative players out. I am confident we will get more bodies in, though. We will do well this season.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 22:26:41 »

He's not disputing the fact Williams was offside, their claim is that the Northampton player didn't flick it on. How could he possibly miss that up with play or not?

That’s the 80 % 😘
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 22:30:07 »

First game of the season for me. Was excited to see us continue our great start to the season. Felt frustratingly familiar though. We were the better team but still not making enough good chances. A distinctly average team perform in a very average but organised way, score from basically their only chance....and the officials were fucking diabolical. Get us out of this fucking league please.

I didn’t notice just how far Williams (who was a total donkey all match, but you knew he’d somehow stick the winner in) was offside at the time (I just assumed it was marginal) but when you saw the town players react like they did when the Lino said something (probably that the other cobblers player didn’t touch the ball at all), you could tell it was a howler of a decision. It was under his fucking nose!

We were bossing the 2nd ha;f and looked like we’d make the breakthrough until Fryers injury which seemed to kill our momentum somehow. Very frustrating.

Oh well, on to some more punishment at Cheltenham Saturday.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 01:30:32 »

Just watched the highlights, and from that we'd probably done enough to get a result, but there wasn't a huge amount of efforts so I guess the feeling on here of a draw stacks up.  The goal is a fucking disgrace, as bad as the crazy ones you see on youtube and wonder how on earth they can ever happen in a game.  I bet what has happened here is the linesman has somehow not been focused and completely missed the touch.  The ref has seen the touch but has no idea if the player was offside at the time so between them they can't figure it out.  Whatever happened the pair of them should be suspended from officiating.  If the ref stands by his claim after seeing the video he has no place being on a pitch ever again, what else would he have had to watch at that moment?  The linesman I can maybe forgive a bit, but he then has to get the nod from the ref it was touched - if he had gotten that and then still claimed it was onside, he too should hang-up his boots.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 01:33:39 by RobertT » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: