Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Northampton pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 62897 times)
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 10:58:52 »

That will be greatly appreciated!!!

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 10:59:11 »

Comfortable win tonight. 2-0
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 10:59:45 »

That will be greatly appreciated!!!
Happy to oblige.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 11:05:04 »

a poor man's Jonathan Pearce

Eek I can't even compute that.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Peter Venkman

« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 11:13:36 »

Eek I can't even compute that.
I chose my words wisely Wink I could not honestly compare myself to anyone less annoying!

Cobblers fans not holding out a lot of hope for tonights game.

In previous years I'd have been there without question. But haven't even had an ounce of temptation for this. Fair play to all who do go, fingers crossed you get rewarded.

I dont think that I can be @rsed after Saturdays showing.

I can see nothing less, than a heavy defeat.

I fancy us to get at least a point if not all 3. They may have a couple of key injuries. We're a wounded animal with points to prove. I'll stick my neck out, 2-1 Cobblers win

Outcome tonight all depends on whether or not we get a positive reaction from Saturdays debacle.  If we do then we loose by two, if not we loose by four or five.

Hoping for a win of course, but expecting a loss.

I feel like this is either going to be disastrous or we’re going to put in a performance and win fairly comfortably. I’m going to be (blindly) optimistic and go for the latter. 2-1 and our first win of the season.

On our showings so far it is difficult to see where the next / first win is coming from with the upcoming fixtures....but heres hoping things will be typically Cobblers and we will pack a surprise.

After their start of 1 draw and 2 defeats in their first 3 league matches and 3 defeats in the 1st 4 games.

1-0 defeat at home to Walsall, 1-1 draw at Port Vale and a 2-1 home defeat to strugglers Macclesfield, with a 3-1 defeat at Swansea in the LC too this season.

derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 11:17:00 »

Tonight will follow the Swindon way, after all the optimism and positive start, a Northampton side out of form, 0-1 to Northampton and a sub par performance from town!
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 11:17:12 »

Easy to be critical of a radio commentator, but it’s one of those jobs that’s going to be a lot harder in practice than in theory (especially when it’s not a full time job, as I believe is the case of Mr Hawes)

Things get better but they never get good
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 11:18:29 »

Definitely should win this one, so I'd have had us down for a disappointing draw or even narrow defeat in the past 2 or 3 seasons. This evening, think we'll win it either 1-0 or 2-1. Look at my reckless optimism, carried away with the first 3 games!
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 11:33:28 »

I chose my words wisely Wink I could not honestly compare myself to anyone less annoying!

Arthur Hunt.  Grin

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Family at War

Midfield Maestro

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 11:42:59 »

Think Andrew Hawes is freelance as heard him on Talk Sport a bit at the weekend.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 11:46:12 »

Not as inexperienced as I thought either! From 2008

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/3172128/BBC-radio-presenters-suspended-after-mocking-disabled-people.html

Things get better but they never get good
Peter Venkman

« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 11:47:58 »

Think Andrew Hawes is freelance as heard him on Talk Sport a bit at the weekend.

Edit, beaten to it!.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/3172128/BBC-radio-presenters-suspended-after-mocking-disabled-people.html

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/3745624.outrage-at-albion-pundits-disabled-jibe/

Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 11:57:15 »

1-0 defeat at home to Walsall, 1-1 draw at Port Vale and a 2-1 home defeat to strugglers Macclesfield, with a 3-1 defeat at Swansea in the LC too this season.

That’s harsh after 2 wins in 3 league games!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 12:06:43 »

That’s harsh after 2 wins in 3 league games!
I meant to put perennial strugglers Smiley

JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 12:09:30 »

Still haven’t scored in the first half yet (Chelsea u21 doesn’t count). Would love a quick start, 2-0 up inside 20 and control the game from there
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: