Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Northampton pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 63315 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 07:53:52 »

that's a blow as both Isgrove and Anderson (by all accounts) have been excellent so far.

I'll be tuning in on Ifollow, looking forward to seeing this new STFC which has started the league so well.

Can you buy the game on ifollow tonight without a VPN seeing as its a Tuesday night game? Or is the VPN still needed?
Panda Paws

« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 08:02:20 »

Can you buy the game on ifollow tonight without a VPN seeing as its a Tuesday night game? Or is the VPN still needed?

No need for a VPN but it's £5 for people "abroad" and £10 for UK based. If you happen to be "abroad" now but home tonight, you can purchase the game for £5 now and watch it via the UK tonight.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 08:21:33 by Panda Paws » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 08:03:58 »

Difficult game to read... could Cobblers poor start be due to the financial problems in the background and the players not liking Curle's methods  Hmmm  If so a poor performance tonight could see him gone, or they may have just been unlucky and the players will put it in tonight.

As regards our chances... Wellens has said he's some players, who'll need managing so may welll struggle with 2 games a week, so squad depth will be tested.... at the outset, it looked as if we were a bit thin here for an auto campaign, so we should have a better idea at 9:45
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 08:11:40 »

We’ll score early for a change and win comfortably. Then I can enjoy the next few days knowing we’re top of the table and looking forward confidently to getting the Cheltenham monkey off our back. 4-1 tonight Doyle, Woolery and Isgrove with the goals
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 08:22:01 »

Difficult game to read... could Cobblers poor start be due to the financial problems in the background and the players not liking Curle's methods  Hmmm  If so a poor performance tonight could see him gone, or they may have just been unlucky and the players will put it in tonight.

As regards our chances... Wellens has said he's some players, who'll need managing so may welll struggle with 2 games a week, so squad depth will be tested.... at the outset, it looked as if we were a bit thin here for an auto campaign, so we should have a better idea at 9:45
Totally agree. These midweek games are going to be key as 90 percent of our starting line up are very prone to injuries so looking after them like Wellens has stated includes games like tonight. Be interesting to see our starting 11
Panda Paws

« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 08:22:19 »

Nervy 1-0 - Doughty Pen. 6400.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 09:14:26 »

2-1

Late Town End turnaround.

Interesting to note the number of ex Town in their ranks. Jordan Turnbull, Andy Williams, Harry Smith and Alan McCormack (injured).
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 09:33:34 »

I feel the need to go tonight  Smiley
My record since the Preston debacle has to be broken.

P4 W0 D1 L3 F0 A9  No

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 09:43:53 »

I feel the need to go tonight  Smiley
My record since the Preston debacle has to be broken.

P4 W0 D1 L3 F0 A9  No

Group of volunteers needed to barricade 4D in his house from around 6pm please!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 10:15:00 »

Smiley
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 10:41:28 »

Should miss the game tonight as I'm working, but there's slim chance I could make the second half if I get done early enough...

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 10:44:44 »

Sound and no comms is the best. The BBC commentator is awful and regularly gets the players names wrong.
I concur, I have lost count of how many times he mistook Anderson for Woolery and several others too.

How long has this commentator been watching Swindon?

On Saturday he mistook Woolery for Anderson 3 times, today he got Broadbent and Ballard mixed up twice and Doughty mixed up with May twice. Poor stuff.

Four times now the commentator has confused Guthrie with Revell. Guthrie is a 6’3” black guy.
Hes mistaking everyone today, awful, hes been as poor as we have as a team!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
river monster

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 10:46:55 »

It's about time we had another doughty pen, along with another doyle strike. 2-1.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 10:50:50 »

No need for a VPN but it's £5 for people "abroad" and £10 for UK based. If you happen to be "abroad" now but home tonight, you can purchase the game for £5 now and watch it via the UK tonight.

Thanks. I'll see if I can find a quick and easy VPN to download
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 10:50:59 »

Back home after 12 days away at the Lake District and for Gazzas wedding so should be able to watch later so back to being an "internet forum poor man's Jonathan Pearce" again, normal service should be resumed.

Having tried to get updates on a couple of games with just the TEF for updates is a bit frustrating so I will endeavour to post as many updates as possible (probably to the chagrin of many posters!).

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: