Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Northampton pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 62861 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 12:15:47 »

Tonight will follow the Swindon way, after all the optimism and positive start, a Northampton side out of form, 0-1 to Northampton and a sub par performance from town!

You could have just typed "4D is going"  Smiley
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 13:05:34 »

I am stuck in a meeting all day, so can't even sneak an Ifollow App watch in my office.  On this basis it will be a stonking 5-0 win, I will attempt to avoid the result but then realise that the only way I get to watch the full match later is by clicking through at least two places where it tells you the damned result.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 15:05:59 »

That’s harsh after 2 wins in 3 league games!

Macc are only a point behind us, so if they're strugglers  Hmmm ....  anyway I jest, they've appointed a new gaffer.

Saw McMahon and thought wtf, but apparently a young fella Daryl, formerly at Ebbsfleet, alongside Steve Gritt, as experienced head.... Gritt and Curbishley seems a lifetime ago.
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 15:13:38 »

Are you going to the game tonight Reg ?
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 15:16:34 »

Easy to be critical of a radio commentator, but it’s one of those jobs that’s going to be a lot harder in practice than in theory (especially when it’s not a full time job, as I believe is the case of Mr Hawes)

I did think I heard Andrew Hawes muddling Anderson with Woolery twice in one half.  I don't know half the players early season but that was a specsavers moment  Smiley.  Not too sure how surefooted any of us would be as live commentators, even with some practice.

Andrew was a London Red in the glory days of the early nineties when he had a decent head of hair.  He went on to author a slim volume, "Swindon Town Miscellany" (2010, Pitch Publishing) full of trivia, facts and stats.  A sort of random and entertaining offline version of Reg.  A decent stocking filler if still in print.  

« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 15:18:07 by RedRag » Logged
Freddies Ferret 2.0

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 15:16:57 »

Any news on Isgrove?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 15:18:49 »

Are you going to the game tonight Reg ?

Do you want someone to hold your hand  Hmmm
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 15:25:47 »

Do you want someone to hold your hand  Hmmm
No, just wondered if you fancied a pre match tipple in the Eastcott Hotel.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 15:33:49 »

No, just wondered if you fancied a pre match tipple in the Eastcott Hotel.

Well thanks for the thought, but I don't do pre match drinking any more.... in fact that's been the case for a while, apart from perhaps the odd pint on an away day.
GosportNob

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 16:25:47 »

We will take that as a no then Reg or are you being even more obtuse than what's normal for you?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #70 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 16:28:05 »

We will take that as a no then Reg or are you being even more obtuse than what's normal for you?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #71 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 16:55:53 »

I have to be honest, I love the way we are playing at the moment but I do hate it when we get over confident as we tend to come off the rails when we as fans get complacent.

Northampton will be no pushovers, they have a massively experienced team and can mix it when required, as all Keith Curle teams can do, they have a fair few ex Town players in the squad in Alan McCormack, Jordan Turnbull, Harry Smith and Andy Williams who have all played in their games so far.

Apparently all their good attacks come through right winger Nicky Adams their recent (re)signing from Bury.

At the weekend they played with 3 centre backs behind 2 central defensive midfielders and with wingback/wingers and a target man in Harry Smith up front with 2 free running attacking midfielders sat behind him.

For the first 2 games they played with a 4231 with 2 defensive midfielders and Smith up front on his own.

Curle has been getting some criticism on their forum for them being quite defensive and setting out for a draw in games and trying to snatch it which invariably has failed so far so don't expect them to come at us from the get go.

They will try and get the ball out wide to Adams and lump the ball into our box - as quickly as they can for Smith to win it, stop the ball going to Adams and you stop their main attacking outlet.

They have collected 8 yellow cards so far to our 7 yellows and a red in 4 games.

Lets try and batter them with scoring chances and hopefully we will click and convert a fair few, I wouldn't be surprised by a dull 0-0 draw given Curles style of play and with them grabbing a winner from a set piece.

2-1 defeat with Doyle scoring with 6,943 there with 353 shoemakers there.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 17:08:17 »

Going for a 2-0 win tonight; both goals in the second half.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 17:13:57 »

The ticket office is forecasting a ‘bumper midweek attendance’. I take that as 7000+ and, if correct, shows there is a lot of latent support just waiting for something to hang on to.

3 points and a dominating performance, please.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 17:20:21 »

I did think I heard Andrew Hawes muddling Anderson with Woolery twice in one half.  I don't know half the players early season but that was a specsavers moment  Smiley.  Not too sure how surefooted any of us would be as live commentators, even with some practice.

Andrew was a London Red in the glory days of the early nineties when he had a decent head of hair.  He went on to author a slim volume, "Swindon Town Miscellany" (2010, Pitch Publishing) full of trivia, facts and stats.  A sort of random and entertaining offline version of Reg.  A decent stocking filler if still in print. 

I confuse Anderson and Woolery all the time from a distance to be fair

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: