Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Yates and Doyle  (Read 6270 times)
Batch
Thingie

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 19:00:17 »

I'm sure they love the manager and club. But we won't be the biggest payers in the league

Hence they need that unusual sense of loyalty if they're offered a lot more.

But let's enjoy what we have right now. I think this discussion is best delayed until  over the summer
bamboonoshop

Chief Feather Ruffler

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 20:15:15 »

Doyle maybe a bit trickier. Made no secret of his motivation being a last big pay day - loves playing for Wellens, though.

Aka balance. I think if he's at a club that works for him (as we do at present), might it be easier for him to say have a 2yr deal with us on 8k. As opposed to maybe a 3yr (not too likely now) deal elsewhere on similar or a little more?  He strikes me as a player who actually loves to be playing regularly too. So he "could" see out his career playing regularly in the Championship for us or he "could" be sat on a bench at say Sunderland/Wigan.

We obviously aren't privy to his thoughts and private conversations but I'd guess that if we offered him a tasty promotion package then he'd be "better the devil you know". I think it would have to be someone offering 15k or similar to make him budge.

NB: The wage amounts are a guess but I'm basing it on him being on around 5k atm. But suggesting that I think someone would have to offer around double, whatever our improved terms were to make he and his agent look up.

COYR WAWRAWA COYR
bamboonoshop

Chief Feather Ruffler

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 20:16:36 »

I'm sure they love the manager and club. But we won't be the biggest payers in the league

Hence they need that unusual sense of loyalty if they're offered a lot more.

But let's enjoy what we have right now. I think this discussion is best delayed until  over the summer

Pretty much, this.

COYR WAWRAWA COYR
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: