Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Yates and Doyle  (Read 14856 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 10:24:45 »

Like Yates a lot but also don’t think we playing him in his best position.
Obviously it’s great to have Doyle back as the main striker but would have been interesting to see how Yates would have faired in that role for the rest of the season
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 10:32:05 »

Am I right in thinking he's out of contract in June? In which case we would potentially be looking at a tribunal, assuming Rovrum offer him a contract.
They have an option on another year

Yates wasn’t at it last night but turned the game at Northampton. Got to back your best players and he’s one of them for sure
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 10:36:15 »

I don’t necessarily like the way he starts every game on unconvincing form when we have Woollery and Hope waiting in the wings. Then again he doesn’t strike me as an impact sub.
You realise he scored last game against Grimsby right so is 90 minutes without a goal and didn’t actually start against Northampton?
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 10:39:48 »

It's quite possible we won't have Doyle next season. Yates would be a good bet at centre-forward.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 10:46:15 »

Like Yates a lot but also don’t think we playing him in his best position.
Obviously it’s great to have Doyle back as the main striker but would have been interesting to see how Yates would have faired in that role for the rest of the season

having doyle no doubt restricts yates getting into the same position doyle thrives off.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 10:55:17 »

You realise he scored last game against Grimsby right so is 90 minutes without a goal and didn’t actually start against Northampton?

i didn't in all honesty no. so i have to take back the undroppable comment. iv only done Crewe away and then 70-80% home games and its only what i see i can make an opinion on. he does well for us at league 2 but no doubt rotherham will be thinking exactly the same in whether they believe he can make the step up. only its us taking the financial hit to find out. dont care me wrong i hope he can carry on this season figures.   
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 11:59:52 »

And when he came on v Northampton we looked significantly better
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 15:09:14 »

Yates has been fundamental to our style this season - his hold up play and the way he links up / brings others in is excellent, and he is also very good when we haven't got the ball in his pressing / tackling back and keeping the team's defensive shape.
despite him having a poor game last night, I would like to see him back here again next season, even in League 1.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 15:16:07 »

Yates = better Doyle.  He makes our team function in attack, even when not at his best, and he was a long way short last night.  He's got a crazy scoring record when played in the Doyle role as well, almost as good as Doyle himself.  Yates occupies the entire left half of the field in attack and has a fantastic first touch.  I think it would take a pretty poor run of form for him to be dropped.

Very different from an Isgrove or DJ.  Those two have flashes of brilliance that create openings, but they can drift out of a game as Isgrove has done a fair bit in recent weeks.  I do think he much better yesterday though, and while DJ was absent for large chunks, he set up the goal that essentially won us the game.

I think Yates gets in every time and Doyle is just made for this team.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 15:22:40 »

Am I alone in not getting the Jerry Yates love in?

Well I think the last two pages give you your answer.  Wink

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 15:37:21 »

Well I think the last two pages give you your answer.  Wink

I just about think so to. will be interesting to see in the summer what happens with the front two.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 16:49:56 »

I presume both Doyle and Grant are on short term contracts to see if, indeed, we are in L1 next season.

I’d expect them both to re-sign once we have achieved that.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 17:29:00 »

I’d expect them both to re-sign once we have achieved that.

Unless someone makes them on offer too good to turn down. They've been too good for the league this season.

Fingers crossed we have a clause or they have an unusual sense of loyalty.
Flashheart

« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 17:32:17 »

Unless someone makes them on offer too good to turn down. They've been too good for the league this season.

Fingers crossed we have a clause or they have an unusual sense of loyalty.

Or they recognise a club and manager that works well for them.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 17:41:22 »

Grant’s not played higher than L1 level. I’d expect us to do well there next season. Be surprised if he doesn’t stay.

Doyle maybe a bit trickier. Made no secret of his motivation being a last big pay day - loves playing for Wellens, though.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: