Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Exeter v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 44498 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #210 on: Sunday, August 18, 2019, 17:45:22 »

We've had nothing but shite over the last few years, only to be told not to get excited when it looks as though something good might be happening.

Fuck that.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Sunday, August 18, 2019, 18:26:40 »

A fucking men to that.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Sunday, August 18, 2019, 18:53:54 »

You can all be as positive as you like but it’s a waste of time.

History tells us we can’t get promoted out of this league without an experienced RB...... FACT
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Sunday, August 18, 2019, 19:07:51 »

some people just need to step back and enjoy whats CURRENTLY happening. to stop looking for patterns of why our good start could stop and just enjoy the good start. almost every other team in our league would swap our position for theirs. As an example- you can't say that no two seasons are the same then keep looking back at previous seasons for similarities.

Some decent teams in this division go on really long unbeaten runs. im always jealous of those and i want us to get into this habit of not losing. half our issue with atmosphere at the cg is the scars of the fans from years gone by. never getting too excited in case of failure. concede a goal and think here we go again. i believe wellens is changing the mindset. negativity breeds negativity. fucking enjoy it. we are top of the league!

Of course, we should be enjoying  a decent start for what it is.... a decent start which may indicate something better.

It's axiomatic that all seasons are different, but there are always similarities, for example it was debated how unusual it is to win the first 2, more so the first 3... only done twice in my time, that in an even league like Div 4 it is difficult is shown by no team this season has done it.

If you look back at Div 4 seasons over the years of the 21st century you'll find 18 seasons where the team winning the league won between 23 and 29 games, somewhere in there is the benchmark for us to aim at... last season Lincoln did it with 23, half the games won.

The exception to the general rule was Sturrock's Plymuff who won 31.

Winning 1 in 2 seems easy enough, but obviously isn't.

PS I don't think there is any correlation between fan's reaction and results.... it's all down to the players, gaffers, wankers in black
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Sunday, August 18, 2019, 19:29:12 »

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Anderson on the bench and doughty further forward when rose is back fully fit
I think Anderson will be on the bench when Yates returns.  They could be a deadly duo, Woolery to provide the pace from just behind them.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Sunday, August 18, 2019, 19:59:42 »

Listened to the Exeter manager on BBC Radio Devon this morning, he claimed that they should have finished us off when they were on top!  15 mins in the second half was all I could recall them being better than us.  He did admit that they didn't deserve to win.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Sunday, August 18, 2019, 20:19:58 »

Of course, we should be enjoying  a decent start for what it is.... a decent start which may indicate something better.

It's axiomatic that all seasons are different, but there are always similarities, for example it was debated how unusual it is to win the first 2, more so the first 3... only done twice in my time, that in an even league like Div 4 it is difficult is shown by no team this season has done it.

If you look back at Div 4 seasons over the years of the 21st century you'll find 18 seasons where the team winning the league won between 23 and 29 games, somewhere in there is the benchmark for us to aim at... last season Lincoln did it with 23, half the games won.

The exception to the general rule was Sturrock's Plymuff who won 31.

Winning 1 in 2 seems easy enough, but obviously isn't.

PS I don't think there is any correlation between fan's reaction and results.... it's all down to the players, gaffers, wankers in black

You only look at swindon for indicators. there are full leagues of other teams. previous history really does mean nothing to how this season will turn out regardless of how many indicators positive or negative. without checking I'm sure Lincoln for example had a good start. literally any indicator can be used to twist any discussion from one side to the other. must stop repeating this actually as it's been said too many times before, just gets tiring after every result butand it's your indicators then make you enjoy football so crack on with it
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Sunday, August 18, 2019, 20:54:45 »

You only look at swindon for indicators. there are full leagues of other teams. previous history really does mean nothing to how this season will turn out regardless of how many indicators positive or negative. without checking I'm sure Lincoln for example had a good start. literally any indicator can be used to twist any discussion from one side to the other. must stop repeating this actually as it's been said too many times before, just gets tiring after every result butand it's your indicators then make you enjoy football so crack on with it

Indeed Lincoln had a similar start to us... seeing the bigger picture has always been of interest to me... soirt of fills the gaps between games and provides much fun. I know it's not for everyone...
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Sunday, August 18, 2019, 23:03:24 »

Indeed Lincoln had a similar start to us... seeing the bigger picture has always been of interest to me... soirt of fills the gaps between games and provides much fun. I know it's not for everyone...

FWIW I dont mind your historical references in general it's just when they are used to promote negative predictions. I always look at the positive side even when it's hard to find- I have to believe corners can be turned, but you verge on the negative balance too much for my liking. maybe it's the lack of successful seasons over the last 5 of whenever we were last good, that has highlighted this. you might be totally different in a promotion season. I hope to find out! end of the day we are all town fans and I shouldn't keep calling you out
Flashheart

« Reply #219 on: Monday, August 19, 2019, 08:21:35 »

maybe it's the lack of successful seasons over the last 5 of whenever we were last good, that has highlighted this. you might be totally different in a promotion season. I hope to find out! end of the day we are all town fans and I shouldn't keep calling you out

He's always like this.
willwalder

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Monday, August 19, 2019, 12:02:17 »

New Talk of the Town episode here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p07kym63
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Monday, August 19, 2019, 12:05:06 »

Just watching the highlights...

a) I really like our shirts
b) its a funny looking ground.
Flashheart

« Reply #222 on: Monday, August 19, 2019, 12:16:27 »

It is, it has like 3/4 of a stand on one side, you can see the houses behind.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Monday, August 19, 2019, 12:22:40 »

It is, it has like 3/4 of a stand on one side, you can see the houses behind.

Because of a railway track apparently

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Monday, August 19, 2019, 12:25:55 »

Just watching the highlights...

a) I really like our shirts
The ground and the fact they've just rebuilt 2 stands probably highlight the limits of their ambition. The location is ridiculously constrained and the Grandstand and away end are probably built to their maximum size so will never be anything more than a league 1/2 ground, if they had loftier ambitions I'm sure they'd have looked at a move.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: