Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Exeter v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 44517 times)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Saturday, August 17, 2019, 18:07:31 »

A standing room only train full of rugby fans would have been a lot less bearable had we lost today.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Flashheart

« Reply #181 on: Saturday, August 17, 2019, 18:16:31 »

For some reason, I thought Bradford are in L1.

It's going to be awkward for them when Doyle ends up with L2's golden boot Wink
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Saturday, August 17, 2019, 19:37:19 »

Another solid result.

Long way to go but difficult not to get excited about our chances.

swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Saturday, August 17, 2019, 21:33:01 »

Really fancy us to do it this year. I put my money where my mouth is and am very happy with the 20/1 I backed us at. Big point that today
Did the same as you,   toyed with waiting for the odds to incease,, had £20 at 20-1 in the end,  looking good at the moment but its a marathon not a sprint !!!.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Sunday, August 18, 2019, 03:44:42 »

I got us trebled up with WBA and Sunderland, e/w to finish top 4.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Sunday, August 18, 2019, 07:35:39 »

For some reason, I thought Bradford are in L1.

It's going to be awkward for them when Doyle ends up with L2's golden boot Wink
Let's hope that we are not vying for a promotion spot and they recall him and do a Blackburn on us. 🙁

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Sunday, August 18, 2019, 08:19:47 »

Did the same as you,   toyed with waiting for the odds to incease,, had £20 at 20-1 in the end,  looking good at the moment but its a marathon not a sprint !!!.

I went E/W so top 4 is good for me. Think we have a very good chance of honours judging by the start made. The fact that people think we should have won yesterday is a good sign despite the draw.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Sunday, August 18, 2019, 08:56:48 »

What impresses me most at the moment is that we don't give up,  last season heads would have dropped and we would probably have conceded one or two more.   Great to see some fight in our team -  We've waited many seasons for this - I think the'buzz'is finally returning !!!.

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Sunday, August 18, 2019, 09:16:48 »

Its a decent league start for sure and feels good. Overall this season though our record is P5 W2 D1 L2. Just to point out Smiley
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Sunday, August 18, 2019, 09:30:56 »

What impresses me most at the moment is that we don't give up,  last season heads would have dropped and we would probably have conceded one or two more.   Great to see some fight in our team -  We've waited many seasons for this - I think the'buzz'is finally returning !!!.

You may be getting a bit carried away... there are some good signs atm but no more than that. Tuesday will tell us a lot.

You don't need to go back too far to find us top of Div 4 after 3 games, on GD from Exeter, having drawn 1-1 with them, with the equaliser being scored by a debutant (17/18) also beating Carlisle.   We then had what looked on paper 2 decent home games against poor looking sides... Crawley were bottom, Barnet went down and we got stuffed in both. This told us we were likely a bit short and so it proved.  However 3 of the 4 propmoted teams Cov, Luton and Accy also were in the top 7, so their start indicated something good for them.

Cobblers have made a poor start, and look ripe for the taking just the sort of thing we've struggled with of late.... getting something at Whaddon Road mind, will probably guarantee auto.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Sunday, August 18, 2019, 09:33:43 »

Its a decent league start for sure and feels good. Overall this season though our record is P5 W2 D1 L2. Just to point out Smiley
Very true, but to be fair the league has to be priority and cup games are ok for run outs and youngsters,  think RW may have learned a lesson from the Yates suspension.   Anyway,  do we need to get involved in long cup runs, money would be a bonus but as said, league has to take priority,   so for  me  P3 W2 D1 L0.   !!!.

swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Sunday, August 18, 2019, 09:35:50 »

You may be getting a bit carried away... there are some good signs atm but no more than that. Tuesday will tell us a lot.

You don't need to go back too far to find us top of Div 4 after 3 games, on GD from Exeter, having drawn 1-1 with them, with the equaliser being scored by a debutant (17/18) also beating Carlisle.   We then had what looked on paper 2 decent home games against poor looking sides... Crawley were bottom, Barnet went down and we got stuffed in both. This told us we were likely a bit short and so it proved.  However 3 of the 4 propmoted teams Cov, Luton and Accy also were in the top 7, so their start indicated something good for them.

Cobblers have made a poor start, and look ripe for the taking just the sort of thing we've struggled with of late.... getting something at Whaddon Road mind, will probably guarantee auto.
Not too optimistic then Reg ??,  talk about piss on my parade.

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Sunday, August 18, 2019, 09:37:17 »

Very true, but to be fair the league has to be priority and cup games are ok for run outs and youngsters,  think RW may have learned a lesson from the Yates suspension.   Anyway,  do we need to get involved in long cup runs, money would be a bonus but as said, league has to take priority,   so for  me  P3 W2 D1 L0.   !!!.

so for  me  P3 W2 D1 L0.   !!!.

Likewise. To reinforce that after 46 games where ever we finish the cup games will not matter, points make prizes nes pa.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Sunday, August 18, 2019, 09:41:35 »

I reckon people are entitled to get carried away a bit - there’s been very few times lately. That start you mentioned saw us get a footballing lesson from Exeter at the CG so I don’t think many saw that as a portent of a successful season.

Bit of the opposite yesterday. We outplayed them for almost all the game - some of our stuff was a class above. It’s watching that, now replicated over our 3 league games, that’s getting people excited.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Sunday, August 18, 2019, 09:47:29 »

Not too optimistic then Reg ??,  talk about piss on my parade.

Some good indicators... but that's all.  However that should be enjoyed..  going back to 17/18, looking at the Crawley game, you saw us top them bottom and think we know what happens here, but Accy played on the Friday night and took top spot which I regarded as a good sign... made fuck all difference we still lost 3-0.

Cobblers will come and no doubt sit in and try and spoil the game, if we can find a way round that and win, it would be a very good sign.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: