Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Exeter v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 44915 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Saturday, August 17, 2019, 15:50:55 »

Great result. Well done Town.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Flashheart

« Reply #151 on: Saturday, August 17, 2019, 15:51:50 »

Very good point.
Poor defending for their goal, need to stay switched on.
A real poacher's goal for Doyle.
The ref's a cunt.
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Saturday, August 17, 2019, 15:51:59 »

Decent result. Next Northampton under the lights
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Saturday, August 17, 2019, 15:53:44 »

Good point, happy with that
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Saturday, August 17, 2019, 15:53:58 »

You simply have to be happy with that. Top of the mother fucking league Clap
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Saturday, August 17, 2019, 15:54:19 »

or second
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Saturday, August 17, 2019, 15:56:11 »

or second
How's that?
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Saturday, August 17, 2019, 15:56:26 »

We will take this. What I really love about Wellens since he's been here is our 'bouncebackability'. We very often can turn it around when we don't take the lead. I found myself not too worried if we go a goal down. Two goals of course would be a concern but the side seems to have enough in it to always turn it back in favour. The flip side? Today kinda feels like a loss, should've been 0-3 at HT and but for a post and a dodgy disallowed goal Doyle would've had a hattrick today! Great confidence booster for him and he must be looking forward to the next match. Great signing on paper and starts as a good signing on the pitch.

Never really felt so positive about a season. It might just be our year. Bring on the Numb Boys!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Saturday, August 17, 2019, 15:56:30 »

Over the entire 90 mins we probably edged it.  Created all the good stuff in the first 55 mins but then we sort of played ourselves out of the game for 25 mins.  Not sure what else Doyle is supposed to do when a keep punts a ball at him from about 5 yards away?

Doyle worked hard and gets into some good positions.  A little less mobile than Yates, be interesting to see f both play together when Yates comes back.

Thought we didn't use Woolery as well as we could have today but Isgrove is a real find.  He's constantly buzzing around and is great on the ball, plus he goes direct once he has it.

Doughty was it that forgot to track the player on the edge of the box for the pass before their goal?  He does that too often for me to be part of a midfield two away from home, but then he looks so silky on the ball.

Overall think we are looking pretty tidy as a team and Exeter are a tough team to beat so you take the draw away from home.  There are little flashes with us of the sort of play that is above this league.  the trick is converting that to goals and not letting ourselves have 20-30 minute spells like we did today where we looked to have got frustrated with what was working, because it hadn't brought the goal.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Saturday, August 17, 2019, 16:00:58 »

And iFollow decide we don't need any post match cooms!
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Saturday, August 17, 2019, 16:01:43 »

How's that?

quite right, my apologies, stoopid sexy BBC page, doh!
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Saturday, August 17, 2019, 16:01:55 »

Overall think we are looking pretty tidy as a team and Exeter are a tough team to beat so you take the draw away from home.  There are little flashes with us of the sort of play that is above this league.  the trick is converting that to goals and not letting ourselves have 20-30 minute spells like we did today where we looked to have got frustrated with what was working, because it hadn't brought the goal.

Totally agree with all of that Rob. I highlight this bit because you're right, we do look like a side playing like we should be a league above. It is this 20/30min spell that would keep us from staying in L1/getting promoted from L2. We are still developing as a side though and things do look pretty good. Doyle is a great addition.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Saturday, August 17, 2019, 16:03:34 »

We will take this. What I really love about Wellens since he's been here is our 'bouncebackability'. We very often can turn it around when we don't take the lead. I found myself not too worried if we go a goal down. Two goals of course would be a concern but the side seems to have enough in it to always turn it back in favour. The flip side? Today kinda feels like a loss, should've been 0-3 at HT and but for a post and a dodgy disallowed goal Doyle would've had a hattrick today! Great confidence booster for him and he must be looking forward to the next match. Great signing on paper and starts as a good signing on the pitch.

Never really felt so positive about a season. It might just be our year. Bring on the Numb Boys!
Which is why, even though I would have been happy with 0-0, I'm even happier with 1-1... Yes
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Saturday, August 17, 2019, 16:04:54 »

Wellens having a piss when we conceded!
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Saturday, August 17, 2019, 16:07:14 »

Good result against a side who, again, will be in the mix for promotion this year.

Nothing to see here
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: