Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Colchester v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 36734 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 10:42:07 »

FFS. He's out of control. Menace to the game.

There have been 7 reds from Breakspear in our last 4 games involving him... mostly our players. 

Throw in the daddy v Bury, which at the time I considered to be one of if not the most incompetent displays I'd ever seen and not a pretty sight. For those who've forgotten , Breakspear dished 10 yellows that day but missed Pope finishing JS-W's career, and ruled out an Obika goal wrongly for offside, after Glad All Over had finished playing and the player were lined up for a restart.

It's small margins but Wellens really should have got it through to the players....
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 10:46:48 »

There have been 7 reds from Breakspear in our last 4 games involving him... mostly our players. 

Throw in the daddy v Bury, which at the time I considered to be one of if not the most incompetent displays I'd ever seen and not a pretty sight. For those who've forgotten , Breakspear dished 10 yellows that day but missed Pope finishing JS-W's career, and ruled out an Obika goal wrongly for offside, after Glad All Over had finished playing and the player were lined up for a restart.

It's small margins but Wellens really should have got it through to the players....

Up there with Danson in the dark? That was a true horror show. How do these people keep getting the gigs?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
river monster

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 10:49:11 »

We know all about refs and their respective behaviours in our Sunday league I'm sure they must have 'ref knowledge' in the pro game..
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 10:50:18 »

He's so far dished out 12 yellows and 3 reds this season. He's only reffed 2 matches.

Last season, 44 games, 144 yellows and 12 reds! He's a busy boy.

https://www.soccerbase.com/referees/referee.sd?referee_id=1318&season_id=151
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 10:55:11 »

Oh that cunt.  I remember that Bury game well.  Utterly inept bordering reffing that made me question whether he was actually taking money.  He's awful.

Never knowingly overstated.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 10:56:39 »

Up there with Danson in the dark? That was a true horror show. How do these people keep getting the gigs?

Yep, definitely up there.  There is a ref shortage, and they do quietly drop them. I guess Breakspear is at least consistent.

Baudrey would prob have seen red on Sat from Breakspear, as he shoves Carroll after his tackle, but Sat's man overlooked it
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 11:09:42 »

Oh that cunt.  I remember that Bury game well.  Utterly inept bordering reffing that made me question whether he was actually taking money.  He's awful.

Froggy mentions Danson who gave a legendary incompetent display v Luton at the CG, but tbf to him from memory, he'd had a bang on the noggin at the weekend, when colliding with a player..... now he'd have been stood down with a concussion protocol.  His display was like Basil Fawlty with the Germans.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 11:24:54 »

Froggy mentions Danson who gave a legendary incompetent display v Luton at the CG, but tbf to him from memory, he'd had a bang on the noggin at the weekend, when colliding with a player..... now he'd have been stood down with a concussion protocol.  His display was like Basil Fawlty with the Germans.

This doesn't come close to capturing it in all its glory, though the commentator fills in some of the gaps. Doesn't show Mike Newell getting sent to the stands for laughing at Danson.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
1989Monkey

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 11:32:11 »

Bbc Wilts have said that Wellens was sent off following an incident yesterday. Touchline ban coming his way then. God that ref needs to fuck off!
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 11:33:35 »

And the Colchester assistant manager.

Never knowingly overstated.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #175 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 11:35:04 »

Wellens was booked Saturday and was having a very heated nose to nose argument before that on Saturday as well. He has grown massively on me the last few months but he could do with calming it down a bit himself to be fair
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 11:39:58 »

Bbc Wilts have said that Wellens was sent off following an incident yesterday. Touchline ban coming his way then. God that ref needs to fuck off!

Can't help thiink of PdC, who on receiving a touchline ban, ranted it would make no difference we'd win the league anyway  Smiley
Waffle

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 13:07:47 »

Trying to look for the silver lining, with Yates out for 3 games, it could be a good chance to show we are a team strong enough to push for promotion.

It may speed up us getting that offensive reinforcement as well.

Again, silver linings maybe.   
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 13:22:18 »

This doesn't come close to capturing it in all its glory, though the commentator fills in some of the gaps. Doesn't show Mike Newell getting sent to the stands for laughing at Danson.

An infamous night, purely because of the refereeing performance. Why he felt the need to book Miglioranzi still bemuses me, but that was only the tip of the iceberg with shocking decisions for goal kicks, corners, fouls etc throughout the game.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 13:38:41 »

So basically without either of our centre backs, our first choice centre mid and main creative threat only coming on as a sub we still created a significant number of chances and should have been out of sight at half time. I would say that's fairly positive, another couple of players with obviously at least 1 being a striker and we should be looking good.
Let's not forget we've got Rose to come back in along Sidy assuming we get clearance soon.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: