Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Colchester v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 37201 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 09:25:11 »

Exactly - which equates to...a yellow card each  Yes
Don't disagree, but I don't think there would be strong enough grounds for the 3 match ban to be over turned. Harsh, but it is what it is unfortunately.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 09:28:45 »

Don't disagree, but I don't think there would be strong enough grounds for the 3 match ban to be over turned. Harsh, but it is what it is unfortunately.
Absolutely.... there's zero chance of it getting overturned...😞
Flashheart

« Reply #152 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 09:31:08 »

I can't see it getting turned over.

Has Wellens said anything about it? He mentioned trying to get in a replacement, so I guess we can take that to mean they will not be appealing.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 09:37:28 »

No, stupid though the initial decision was, it would be equally stupid to appeal, especially if bans are still increased for what are deemed to be 'frivolous' appeals. Don't know if they still do that.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 09:45:57 »

I have made the mistake of playing the man rather than the ball.  Excuse me a little hypocrisy but whilst bantz and argument are one entertaining facet of this forum, I personally regret Joteddyred's potential loss to the forum.  I hope she does return and especially that anyone who has clashed with her echo that sentiment.

Above all else, we share an amazing and wonderful affliction.  It's called Stfc and this forum is a great outlet.  ; Smiley
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 09:51:22 »

Bugger me, one lousy result and we have got arguments and flouncing!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #156 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 10:02:37 »

It was the cup...we played a weakened team...shit happens.

Lets move on and concentrate on keeping the run going in the league.

Massive loss with Yates ban but we need more strikers anyway so maybe it will hurry along the transfer process.

No knee jerk, apparently we played quite well up to the sending off.

Next game will be more important.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 10:05:21 »

No, stupid though the initial decision was, it would be equally stupid to appeal, especially if bans are still increased for what are deemed to be 'frivolous' appeals. Don't know if they still do that.

I think they're eminently giveable reds. Certainly not as controversial as you indicated. Without Yates, we've got the footy equivalent of Boycott's "What would this score look like with two more wickets down?" We actually need not one but two more strikers.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 10:12:38 »

Wellens, the squad and the club have to suck it up and get on with it. Players are going to get suspended/injured throughout the season - like every other club.

Despite their start, Exeter fans think they are playing pretty shite. We’ll turn them over without Yates.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 10:13:14 »

Breakspear strikes again!

We did once win a game with him as ref, but yes, had I known then would have expected something dire.

I do wonder if gaffers know about these things, and so tell the players not to give him an opportunity  Hmmm
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 10:18:08 »

Wellens, the squad and the club have to suck it up and get on with it. Players are going to get suspended/injured throughout the season - like every other club.

Despite their start, Exeter fans think they are playing pretty shite. We’ll turn them over without Yates.

Well we haven't won a league fixture at Sid James's Park since 85/86, so overdue.  TBF mind we haven't played them that many times mostly being at a higher level, but the last couple of seasons, have been pretty dire down there, so a draw would represent progress.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 10:18:58 »

We did once win a game with him as ref, but yes, had I known then would have expected something dire.

I do wonder if gaffers know about these things, and so tell the players not to give him an opportunity  Hmmm

In Wellens' interview on Wiltshire Sound, he says people were telling him on Monday that Brakspear always sends people off in our games. A text sent in after the game said Brakspear gave more cards than any other ref last season, so we should have been warned.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 10:20:56 by Red Frog » Logged

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Flashheart

« Reply #162 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 10:22:02 »

He's so far dished out 12 yellows and 3 reds this season. He's only reffed 2 matches.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 10:24:57 »

According to the laws of the game I'm sure the red cards were 'giveable'. Common sense tells me otherwise.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 10:28:01 »

He's so far dished out 12 yellows and 3 reds this season. He's only reffed 2 matches.

FFS. He's out of control. Menace to the game.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: