Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Colchester v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 36740 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #135 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2019, 21:59:55 »

“I should’ve rested a few more – the likes of Jerry Yates. At the moment, we haven’t got a replacement for him.

“Hopefully we can get a replacement for him in during the next few days. We definitely need a couple more bodies in, and this might shift our progress a bit quicker.”

- Richie Wellens
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2019, 22:31:32 »

Perhaps check your facts as I did post positively on the Scunthorpe thread.  I didn’t comment on Saturday as at the exact time the game was being played, I was on a aeroplane.  Since day 1 of me posting on here approx 9 years ago, you’ve had an issue with me.  You’ve regularly singled me out for being negative or basically having a different opinion to you and chosen to conveniently ignore others with the same opinions.  Just because you’re one of the ‘original’ members of the group doesn’t mean your opinion is more valid than anyone else’s or give you the right to speak to people like a piece of shit. 

It’s no wonder so many people have stopped posting over the last few years.  If their opinion differs to yours or you don’t like what they post, you belittle them.  There’s having a friendly differing of opinion and then there’s being a bully and a complete wanker.  I imagine you’re nicer in real life than you come across as being on here, ai’d like to think so anyway.  Cheerio all, I won’t be posting again.

Don't take it too hard Jo. Anxiety may sometimes get the better of you, but your comment was spot on, and didn't deserve such violent responses.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2019, 22:36:57 »

Don't take it too hard Jo. Anxiety may sometimes get the better of you, but your comment was spot on, and didn't deserve such violent responses.
Yep, completely OTT...
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2019, 22:56:44 »

Bossed the first half and fluffed our lines.

Shot when we should of taken a touch, took a touch when a first time strike would of proved better.

Sending off was pivotal ....I thought two reds when I saw it, right in front of the away fans.

Collapsed like a house of cards at the end.

Doughty and Isgrove outstanding and Anderson ran himself into the ground.

BUT we need a fucking striker! If we had one we could of won that tonight.

Agree with post above that it was a win,lose,draw game....could of gone either way.

My first game so I hope it wasn't a jinx....

Clems Army!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 06:28:51 »

Re. The sendings off - I've never had such a clear view of an incident.

The two players went to ground and were a bit tangled up. What started off as them trying to get up, developed into a bit of a wrestling match and inevitably players from both sides got drawn in and a general 'kerfuffle' ensued. I think the Col U player grabbed Yates's neck at one point but other than that, nothing actually happened - no one got punched, kicked or injured, not even close. I couldn't believe it when they both got reds.

The ref should have just said to them both "Calm down lads, don't make me ruin the game by sending you both off"...and given them a yellow card each - job done. It was totally down to the linesman IMO who was desperate for his 5 minutes of fame (not that a first round League Cup tie in front of 1500 punters is going to make you very famous)

Pathetic officiating which showed zero common sense.
river monster

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 07:08:18 »

Breakspear strikes again!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 07:14:41 »

Quote from: river monster
Breakspear strikes again!

yup, useless twat
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 07:54:37 »

Not too disappointed by going out of this competition. We are pants in cups and the last time we had a decent cup game, Miles Storey was the 'hero'!

Only going by twitter updates but the first half we should have been out of sight. The way we play with the high press and workrate etc we need to put away these chances as we are almost certainly going to fade in the second half. 3-0 almost certainly flattered Colchester.

Yates' suspension is a pain in the hoop and leaves us light for Saturday's tricky fixture in Exeter.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 08:03:17 »

Just watched the 1 min 45 sec 'highlights'.

- Sending off looked fair enough - Wrestling match. Not really bad, but players shouldn't have done it.
- First goal deflected away from McCormick by defender
- Second goal breakaway. Doughty didn't bother tracking back with the goalscorer.
- Great save by McCormick just before 3rd and rest of team were jogging/not trying at that point

Judge for yourself:

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11784924/colchester-3-0-swindon
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 08:06:30 by Nomoreheroes » Logged

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Panda Paws

« Reply #144 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 08:04:39 »

Really not sure how we counter Yates' suspension. Twine is defo not the answer. Woolery through the middle and Doughty more advanced would be my guess, but means May coming back in unless Rose is back. Not too impressed with May so far, but think he may be a lot better alongside Lyden rather than instead of him. He's not a DM.

LM
Hunt Conroy Baudry Zeki
         Lyden May
  Isgrove Doughty Keshi
              Woolery

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 08:12:41 »

Just watched the 1 min 45 sec 'highlights'.

- Sending off looked fair enough - Wrestling match. Not really bad, but players shouldn't have done it.
- First goal deflected away from McCormick by defender
- Second goal breakaway. Doughty didn't bother tracking back with the goalscorer.
- Great save by McCormick just before 3rd and rest of team were jogging/not trying at that point

Judge for yourself:

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11784924/colchester-3-0-swindon
Exactly - which equates to...a yellow card each  Yes
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 08:41:07 »

Nice of you to join us - I was hoping the 100% winning start would delay your arrival this season but I guess Reg needs some company with his negativity  Cheesy

Of course, nothing negative there, just a statement of the bleeding obvious.  It's a shame JTR has now caved in to the playground bullies, because her opinionn is as valuable as anyone else's. I would like her to reconsider.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #147 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 08:47:55 »

Me too. It is what has made this forum utter shite recently
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 08:51:24 »

Me too. It is what has made this forum the internet utter shite recently

hth  Smiley

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 09:17:02 »

My first game so I hope it wasn't a jinx....

Hmmm

I haven't attended yet either  Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: