Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Colchester v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 36744 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2019, 20:58:04 »

still no international clearance for siddy. we've done the paperwork
Flashheart

« Reply #121 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2019, 21:00:22 »

Outside of the impact of the sending off on the next three games, I think we can write the last 20 minutes off.  Go a goal down in a cup we are not really focused on and took off a centre back to chase it.  They wouldn't do that in a league game.

Without having seen nor listened to the game, that is the impression I get as well.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2019, 21:02:18 »

Nah, that sounds like far too sensible a conclusion. I much prefer #PowerOut, we are all doomed to the conference

I come from a land down-under
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2019, 21:02:47 »

Looked a shit draw and so it's proved....  if we are intending to get in at least another body up front, it could do with being speeded up.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2019, 21:04:16 »

It's all just part of the plan. Keep the faith.

Yeah disappointing we lost, but, hopefully it was just a buckled rail.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2019, 21:07:05 »

With Saturday/Tuesday/Saturday league fixtures coming up over the next week and a half I'm sure there will be a body or two arriving shortly. Budget may have to be relaxed and hope we can offload Tooms and McGlashan towards the end of the month.
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2019, 21:09:42 »

I’m sure Newmarket Red will rock up shortly as well.
stay postive  COYR
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2019, 21:36:17 »

Perhaps because she's had fuck all to say over the previous two games, only to show up to make a negative comment at the first given opportunity in a game that we were not even losing at the time.

I wonder if we'll be seeing outletred as well if this game stays as it is?

Perhaps check your facts as I did post positively on the Scunthorpe thread.  I didn’t comment on Saturday as at the exact time the game was being played, I was on a aeroplane.  Since day 1 of me posting on here approx 9 years ago, you’ve had an issue with me.  You’ve regularly singled me out for being negative or basically having a different opinion to you and chosen to conveniently ignore others with the same opinions.  Just because you’re one of the ‘original’ members of the group doesn’t mean your opinion is more valid than anyone else’s or give you the right to speak to people like a piece of shit. 

It’s no wonder so many people have stopped posting over the last few years.  If their opinion differs to yours or you don’t like what they post, you belittle them.  There’s having a friendly differing of opinion and then there’s being a bully and a complete wanker.  I imagine you’re nicer in real life than you come across as being on here, ai’d like to think so anyway.  Cheerio all, I won’t be posting again.
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2019, 21:40:25 »

Surprised RW played so many of the 1st team - always a risk and his post match comments suggests he got it wrong in hindsight. Hoping we can get someone in to replace Yates for 3 games, otherwise its Woolery up top, with Doughty moved forward to attacking midfield role and May taking his place alongside Lydon.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2019, 21:45:32 »

Fuck off back to the facebook group

Nice! - At least there you know who you’re actually speaking to rather than people hiding behind a keyboard and an avatar!
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2019, 21:46:50 »

Very harsh red card. If anything their no 3 was the aggressor.
Couple of yellows and move on.

As for the game, much better from Broadbent. Still struggled to keep up with Norris on one occasion.
Thought Twine did ok.
They adjusted better after the sending off.
We created a few chances and their keeper Dean "you should have stayed in the burger" Gerken got motm.

Assuming nobody comes in before Saturday, then trying Isgrove through the middle would be interesting. I bet RW will think about it.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Panda Paws

« Reply #131 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2019, 21:50:28 »

‪That couldn't have played out much worse in the end but let's not read too much (or anything) post sending off. Game deteriorated so quickly. No shape, patterns of play.

Could have won/drawn yet somehow lost by 3. Before the red, we're the better but less effective side.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2019, 21:52:34 »

Perhaps check your facts as I did post positively on the Scunthorpe thread.  I didn’t comment on Saturday as at the exact time the game was being played, I was on a aeroplane.  Since day 1 of me posting on here approx 9 years ago, you’ve had an issue with me.  You’ve regularly singled me out for being negative or basically having a different opinion to you and chosen to conveniently ignore others with the same opinions.  Just because you’re one of the ‘original’ members of the group doesn’t mean your opinion is more valid than anyone else’s or give you the right to speak to people like a piece of shit. 

It’s no wonder so many people have stopped posting over the last few years.  If their opinion differs to yours or you don’t like what they post, you belittle them.  There’s having a friendly differing of opinion and then there’s being a bully and a complete wanker.  I imagine you’re nicer in real life than you come across as being on here, ai’d like to think so anyway.  Cheerio all, I won’t be posting again.

Without knowing the ins and outs this place needs opinions otherwise it's not a forum. If you've got something to say then you should be able to say it.

Anyway...

“Hopefully we can get a replacement for him in during the next few days. We definitely need a couple more bodies in, and this might shift our progress a bit quicker.”

Friday statement senses are tingling again.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2019, 21:56:11 »

No reason to get too despondent over that. We played pretty well for the vast majority of the game whilst lacking that bit of bite in the final third which we knew was an issue anyway. There was no way the game should have finished 10 a side and that really killed it for us - Joke decision by the officials. 3-0 didn't even come close to reflecting how the game went overall.

If we get that elusive 20 goal striker in we will look a bloody good side. Hopefully as has been suggested it will concentrate Power's efforts in getting one in because we sure as hell need one now.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2019, 21:58:42 »

Well that was wonderful.  3 game ban coming up!  This is where lack of cover will hit us.
I agree 100%.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: