Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v carlisle pre match day thread  (Read 35038 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, August 10, 2019, 09:15:40 »

And having a pop from distance when the wind is behind us. I have images of Fraser vs. Stevenage and boomerang goal kicks!
God yeah, forgot about that.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, August 10, 2019, 09:37:14 »

Very difficult game today... conditions make it a lottery. You'd think a draw would be a good shout.

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, August 10, 2019, 09:42:41 »

Hopefully win the toss and go with the wind first half and get a decent lead. Fancy us today. 3-1
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Saturday, August 10, 2019, 09:44:27 »

i very rarely see a town win in these conditions at home. but fingers crossed- last season is forgiven lets get a good win! 3-0
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, August 10, 2019, 09:53:45 »

Very difficult game today... conditions make it a lottery. You'd think a draw would be a good shout.

So would your official prediction be said draw?

It will be mine, 2-2, conditions will totally ruin the game
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, August 10, 2019, 10:00:21 »

My first game in 4 seasons today. Enjoying getting back into the pre-match routine. Do London Reds still meet up in the Glue Pot?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, August 10, 2019, 10:01:54 »

Genuine question, Reg.

Do you ever expect/predict us to win a game? As far as I can see, scraping a draw is about your expectation limit.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Saturday, August 10, 2019, 10:18:39 »

Genuine question, Reg.

Do you ever expect/predict us to win a game? As far as I can see, scraping a draw is about your expectation limit.

Like Ardiles I don't do predictions of scoreline as such.... because I've no idea, just the same as everybody else.  However the debate earlier in the week about chances of winning 2 in a row, shows how difficult that is. Further given they doubled us last season, they may have used up their luck, so a draw looks reasonable outcome.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Saturday, August 10, 2019, 10:20:40 »

Windy, murky and unpredictable. I reckon we'll either score or not.

That's an uncannily accurate description of the state of my arse this morning.

Hoping for a clean sheet.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Saturday, August 10, 2019, 10:22:36 »

But you do predict outcomes - almost exclusively a defeat or a draw. Never a win.

You’ve predicted a draw today, which is fair enough, but hardly ever thinking your team is likely to win is bizarre.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Saturday, August 10, 2019, 10:35:16 »

But you do predict outcomes - almost exclusively a defeat or a draw. Never a win.

You’ve predicted a draw today, which is fair enough, but hardly ever thinking your team is likely to win is bizarre.

Clearly it isn't bizarre, take last season of 46 games 16 wins.... 30 non wins. So more or less twice the likelihood of a non win. What would be bizarre is ignoring the very obvious evidence that non wins are more likely.   That finding those 16 wins is a pretty inexact science, is shown by our wins at Franchise, Bury and Tranny, being backed up by failure to beat Crawley, Yeovil, Grimsby etc.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Saturday, August 10, 2019, 10:43:12 »

Clearly it isn't bizarre, take last season of 46 games 16 wins.... 30 non wins. So more or less twice the likelihood of a non win. What would be bizarre is ignoring the very obvious evidence that non wins are more likely.   That finding those 16 wins is a pretty inexact science, is shown by our wins at Franchise, Bury and Tranny, being backed up by failure to beat Crawley, Yeovil, Grimsby etc.

ah so by always saying draw or defeat you are just going for the most probable outcome.

id love to sponsor you to predict a score for every town match this season. all money goes to charity. the Reg prediction league? 

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Saturday, August 10, 2019, 10:48:09 »

What I’m trying to say is that out of 46 games you probably didn’t think we’d win any of them. We’re not talking science, history or any other sort of bollocks - most fans like to think their team is going to win a few, even hope over expectation.

If not, why bother supporting a club.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Saturday, August 10, 2019, 10:54:20 »

Looking forward to it, so are the kids! Hopefully still hassle-free parking in Tesco... Tongue

singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Saturday, August 10, 2019, 10:55:36 »

What I’m trying to say is that out of 46 games you probably didn’t think we’d win any of them. We’re not talking science, history or any other sort of bollocks - most fans like to think their team is going to win a few, even hope over expectation.

If not, why bother supporting a club.

On the flip side, a terrible performance and a loss can ruin a weekend, last season when you get a good win you think you have turned the corner and then lose again to a lowly team, pull off a few results and think promotion is back on the cards. The majority of us riding these high and lows it can be painful but for Reg- never predicting a win means never being disappointed.  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: